Thread: Joystick Still Oversensitive

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.9 KB

Question Joystick Still Oversensitive

Now that I am flying CoD much more since the upgrade to 4.5, I find that the Joystick sensitivity is still the same as before. No matter how much I tweak the stick sensitivity

(dead zones etc) and no matter how much I continually trim in flight, the gun-sight jumps around madly when trying to aim. With trackIR the effect is even worse as the

twitching and bouncing occurs in three dimensions! Because of this I find it impossible to shoot accurately.

The Battle of Stalingrad, for example, does not have this problem, all the fighter aircraft seem to give a very stable gun platform - so perhaps my question is, which has the

more realistic handling characteristics, BoS or CoD?

Also if there are any tips on smoothing the joystick input for CoD I would be very grateful to hear about them .

I have tried several different sticks, all giving more or less the same performance with CoD - the current one I prefer to use is the T16000M - C3D35071
    Last edited by Squashman; Jan-01-2018 at 13:52. Reason: Add icon

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Re: Joystick Still Oversensitive

I use all CH, and haven't noticed anything like what you describe. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.9 KB

Thanks Murph

I just checked prices on CH sticks and they look good quality eg £100 compared to the £20 I paid for the T16000
    Maybe this is the answer - but I get great performance with the T16000 on BoS ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    292.62 MB

I've the T16000M too, very smooth and precise. Never noticed such jumping, twitching and bouncing.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K 4.2 GHz OC, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-D3H, RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel,
    Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1070, Joystick: T16000M, Throttle: Thrustmaster TWCS, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, OS: Windows 10 64 bits

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    32.1 KB

Hi Squashman,

I had a similar issue editing the curves with my CH joystick. My suggestion is search the forums for "joystick curves". I find it a great application.

HTH,

mop
    Last edited by mop; Jan-01-2018 at 21:55. Reason: clarity

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.34 GB

Maybe the "JoystickCurves" can help you

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

How old is the stick? Could be a bad pot, spiking?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

T.16000M - OP preferred stick don't use pot in X,Y axis, but HALL Sensor, difficult will be the cause, anyway test this sick in Games Controllers or with joyTester2 can remove doubts.

This noticed "gunsight jump" is probable due TrackIR bad settings/over sensitivity.

There compared with Bo'X - what OP considere more stable - CloD gunsight is way more less "twist" - CLoD "lovers" call this "fly on rails".

But, do small corrections of aim in CloD is really not easy, is easy have more or less that intended, what T.16000M compression plate gimbal don't help, this kind of gimbal (T.16KM, Warthog, Saitek's) require more force over grip for move from center than after.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.9 KB

Thanks Guys

That's given me something to work with

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    177.83 MB

Have you loaded a profile in TrackIR? Have you checked you aren't getting relections or lots of light which is causing the trackIR to get false positive reports (try it in a dark room with nothing reflective about) - might help!
    34" ASUS ROG 1440p. i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz. Thermaltake 360mm AIO. ASUS Maximus Hero VII, 16gb DDR3, ASUS Strix 980Ti. TM WH, WH Throttle, TM THRP Pedals. TrackIR 5 Pro. Oculus Rift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBouff View Post
    Have you loaded a profile in TrackIR? Have you checked you aren't getting relections or lots of light which is causing the trackIR to get false positive reports (try it in a dark room with nothing reflective about) - might help!
    I use the stock "Smooth" profile with Motion Control settings of Speed 0.1 and Smooth 40. I am familiar with the effects of light pollution on TrackIR and can categorically say that this is not a factor.

Maybe I am just a poor marksman and need more practice with CoD, but I am a good shot in BoX and find no difficulty in holding the gun-sight steady on moving targets, deflection aiming, long range shooting, etc. I can shoot down fighters set to veteran skill levels, hit moving vehicles without zooming in - the basic physics of aircraft control stability, seems more steady in BoX.

Admittedly, I am comparing say the E7 in BoX, with the E4 in CoD or the Spitfire MkII in CoD with the MkV in BoX, but I can't believe that in reality the flight-control parameters would vary so much from Mk to Mk; performance perhaps but surely not the sensitivity of the controls???
    So again, I ask the question and am interested to hear the community's opinion on which is considered the more realistic flight control model, CoD or BoX ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    177.83 MB

I prefer CloD, BoX feels too basic as it has arcade like aspects in my opinion. Though I do like the VR support!

I'm not sure if wash is modelled in CloD, if it is perhaps you are suffering from that? I've not found problems keeping my guns on target (planes or ground) to my usual degree of inaccuracy, and I don't feel markedly better/worse in BoX or WT.
    34" ASUS ROG 1440p. i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz. Thermaltake 360mm AIO. ASUS Maximus Hero VII, 16gb DDR3, ASUS Strix 980Ti. TM WH, WH Throttle, TM THRP Pedals. TrackIR 5 Pro. Oculus Rift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Squashman View Post
    Now that I am flying CoD much more since the upgrade to 4.5, I find that the Joystick sensitivity is still the same as before. No matter how much I tweak the stick sensitivity

(dead zones etc) and no matter how much I continually trim in flight, the gun-sight jumps around madly when trying to aim. With trackIR the effect is even worse as the

twitching and bouncing occurs in three dimensions! Because of this I find it impossible to shoot accurately.

The Battle of Stalingrad, for example, does not have this problem, all the fighter aircraft seem to give a very stable gun platform - so perhaps my question is, which has the

Also if there are any tips on smoothing the joystick input for CoD I would be very grateful to hear about them .

I have tried several different sticks, all giving more or less the same performance with CoD - the current one I prefer to use is the T16000M - C3D35071
    This sounds to me like a Smoothness/Speed setting issue in TrackIR5. Mine are at Speed: .2; Smoothness 25, and I use Beurling's method of keeping the head still while scanning with the eyeballs. I have even incorporated a pause command (F9) into a joystick button in order to Freeze my tired old head for extended scanning.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Squashman View Post

I have noticed since the update my Saitek X-55 is way oversensitive in CLOD. I have the sensitivity all the way to 1.00 and I can still barely move elevator or ailerons without the plane getting very jumpy. I did not have this problem in previous version of CLOD. I do not have this prob in BOX. This makes the game nearly unplayable I can fly around take off and land, but trying to shoot down the enemy is laughable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock78W View Post
    I have noticed since the update my Saitek X-55 is way oversensitive in CLOD. I have the sensitivity all the way to 1.00 and I can still barely move elevator or ailerons without the plane getting very jumpy. I did not have this problem in previous version of CLOD. I do not have this prob in BOX. This makes the game nearly unplayable I can fly around take off and land, but trying to shoot down the enemy is laughable.
    Hi there

Check out my post about Joystick Curves
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=27918

This helped me a lot