Thread: Tracks as an accurate replay tool

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Tracks as an accurate replay tool

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you can rely on what is saved in a track file? For example, bullet hits, effects, etc. Are they a 1:1 copy of exactly what happened when they were recorded?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Re: Tracks as an accurate replay tool

Quote Originally Posted by katschmarek View Post
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you can rely on what is saved in a track file? For example, bullet hits, effects, etc. Are they a 1:1 copy of exactly what happened when they were recorded?
    I've noticed a couple of problems.

- Prop pitch indicator activity shown incorrectly, all other instruments seem to be OK.

- I've seen a ground trarget (Valentine) displaced from it's true position while I strafed it in the playback. My shots are hitting the ground about 5 meters from the target but when it goes up the explosion and wreckage are in the right place and the phantom target disappears.

- Searchlights do not show up in playback.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Nope, track's is not perfect reproduction of happens in games - at least in details, for this use a real time record (OBS, Shadownplay, Fraps...)

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ok, I suspected it would be like this. The reason I asked is because I can see damage in the Vehicle Damage window, but when reviewing the track there is no bullet hit to associate it with. So, this led me to 3 possibilities:

1. Tracks don't record bullet events/movement correctly.
    2. Bullet events don't always register visual/audio effects in-game, not in tracks.
    3. Damage is delayed; that is, I got hit before, but the effects are seen only after some time passed - not sure if this is implemented, though.

If I use a real-time tool, then I'll lose the ability to change views, to get the best angle.

Thanks.