Thread: New Blenheim Bomb Loadout?

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

New Blenheim Bomb Loadout?

How does the bomb load out of the new version of the Blenheim differ from the old? In the load out section, if I choose the new Blennie, it does not allow me to put a payload in the bomb bay? Or only on the wing racks?

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Re: New Blenheim Bomb Loadout?

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    How does the bomb load out of the new version of the Blenheim differ from the old? In the load out section, if I choose the new Blennie, it does not allow me to put a payload in the bomb bay? Or only on the wing racks?
    You can load up the bay with 2 large bombs and 1 salvo of small and I believe an external spot just behind the bay you can put a salvo of smaller bombs. I don't think any can be put on the wings and the smaller bombs cannot be dropped single as far as I can tell but must be dropped all together in salvo. I thought this loadout was available on both variants of blen as well, I didn't see any differences between the 2 other than the twin guns up top.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I like to use four 250lb "ever ready" for skip bombing ships. I always was able to use this payload for the old Blennie, and don't see it as an option for the new version? Perhaps there's just a glitch in the game's interface? It's actually there, but doesn't show? I'm going to have to experiment with it.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Oops, my bad. I had enabled/selected the wrong version of the aircraft in the mission. All good now.
    I do however notice that the "bombs" interface does not show all four bombs in the bomb bay if you keep selecting "next bomb". Even though you choose "4 250lb" etc., it only shows two or three, even though all four get loaded, and with the same type and fuses. Is this a known glitch?