Thread: Getting AI to Skip Bomb?

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Getting AI to Skip Bomb?

I've been working on an anti-shipping mission in which I want some AI Blenheims to skip-bomb ships. I have attack set for ground attack and the type of attack set to mast top. However there seems to be a 500 minimum altitude for AI?
    Should I have them try a diving attack instead, or is there some way to get them to do real low level skip bombing from say 100 ft or less?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Getting AI to Skip Bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    I've been working on an anti-shipping mission in which I want some AI Blenheims to skip-bomb ships. I have attack set for ground attack and the type of attack set to mast top. However there seems to be a 500 minimum altitude for AI?
    IIRC - I think in SimQH - a guy post that originally minimum AI flight altitude was 150 foots or meters (?), but was changed in the "parchwork".

EDIT: SlipBall - he don't like Lutier "fixes" and still using early version:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ar#Post4383010
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-15-2018 at 22:05.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

So, it would appear that there was a glitch in the AI routines, possibly causing random crashing of AI planes, that was "fixed" by setting a higher default minimum altitude? "Fixing" one thing by deliberately breaking another?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    "Fixing" one thing by deliberately breaking another?
    If you missing "Bananas'Drama" "hey-days": Are a post of Lutier - CloD developer manager after OM bail-out - complaining that fix one thing in CloD broken two or three...

An that he are not able to make changes in game UI. The AI radio COMMS - much more detailed that il-2:46 are non-functional at release, so he just "sweep under rug" ~70% of commands, and leave some broken - landing request answer use inverted response, deny when runway are clear and permit when runway are blocked. Take-off request is probable the same.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I hope some of these will get some attention for 5.0. I imagine so.