Thread: sharing is caring especially with logitech controls

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

sharing is caring especially with logitech controls

does anyone have a pre made controls setup for the Logitech Extreme 3D PRO that i can borrow/steal/use, and hopefully get it to work with cliffs over dover? if so, a copy of the file would be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance, and have a good night!

2. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Re: sharing is caring especially with logitech controls

'Hopefully get it to work" ?

Don't own the joystick myself but what's not working for you? Would help to know.

There are some optimizations you can configure on the game gui with axis inputs on any joystick or hotas.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I use to have a Logitech 3D Pro...Very stiff spring on them...I didn't use any settings...Just plug and play...No software or anything like that...I found the return spring so stiff it was like I was fighting the stick more than opponents sometimes...I even tried wrapping wire around the spring to make it less stiff...but didn't really work...If you can imagine bench pressing a weight but you also have to be accurate if the bar is loaded...you can be a lot more accurate if the bar isn't loaded...If that makes any sense?...

Anyway...

As a new player I would try leaving it unless you are dead sure that its not working ingame correctly...A lot of new wings fly for the first time and feel that the stick maybe to blame but you really need to spend a few hours with it before you go into settings and sensitivities...and its also better to have the experience flying before you can guarantee that the stick is not quite right out of the box...

First thing to do is check that its working in windows....So go to 'Control panel'....then....'Devices and Printers'...and hopefully you'll see an icon for it if windows recognises it....Then right click the icon...and hit 'game controller settings'...Highlight it in the list and click 'Properties'....You should now be able to check all the axis and buttons working...If they are then as I say I'd just go fly with it for a bit...

I could be wrong...but I think I'd give it a few days before I did any tweaking with profiles and stuff...

Although if someone gets you a profile would be worth checking out...

A lot of us use Microsoft sidewinder IIs....Old sticks now just like the 3D pro but a more competitive stick all round...and bullet proof...and they are pretty much plug and play as mine is...The great thing is they are quite cheap on eBay...You can pick one up for under $15 if you search on eBay...Just a thought...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

5. Likes Vlerkies, begginfokillz, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

sorry for the delayed reply, was dealing with some arguments at home.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

the thing thats not working is essentially everything, i installed drivers, and did what Lewis said, which did help btw, but i do not see any way to steer with it. any advice on how to geti ti to turn up down left right?

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by begginfokillz View Post
    the thing thats not working is essentially everything, i installed drivers, and did what Lewis said, which did help btw, but i do not see any way to steer with it. any advice on how to geti ti to turn up down left right?
    Have you assigned the x and y axis of the joystick yet? If not head to the options and then controls and goto the axis tab up at the top, then simply bind x and y to the elevators and ailerons.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

i did get the x and y axis running. here are some pics of thje setup. perhaps you guys can tell me whats wrong with it?

20180120105621_1.jpg20180120105634_1.jpg20180120105640_1.jpg

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by begginfokillz View Post
    i did get the x and y axis running. here are some pics of thje setup. perhaps you guys can tell me whats wrong with it?

20180120105621_1.jpg20180120105634_1.jpg20180120105640_1.jpg
    Looks like you bound the joystick buttons on the axis tab maybe? Only the X and Y axis should be bound on this page (well also twist or rudder pedals + throttle if you have them) the rest you need to click the keys tab up at the top to get your buttons/trigger all set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Yeah...what he said...

You have two different sections...Axes....and...Keys...You want to go to Axes and dedicate your stick there for rudder...elevator...Ailerons...Then click on Keys for brakes and such...

It sounds like you haven't dedicated those Axes for your stick yet...and remember you have to do each axis individually...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel