Thread: Need some sound advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Need some sound advice.

A few questions:

1/ few days ago the volume mixer stopped allowing me to adjust the sound of Blitz. Whereas in the past i was able to turn Blitz down so i could hear what was being said on TS, now, when i turn it down, it resets itself to the same generic level that the "device" and "Applications" etc are set to. Turning up TS does not help this because everything resets to that volume. Any suggestions? I'd like to be able to hear everyone on TS, but I'm going to have to go into glide mode to do that! Downloaded Ear Trumpet but it did the same thing

sound 2.PNG

2/ Can't get my mobo's Creative Sound Blaster programs to work with headphones. Any suggestions?

3/ The Nvidia High Definition Audio Output device is present four times in Sound > Playback when i show the disconnected devices. Is that normal? Should I be using it?

Sound 1.PNG

I'm certainly open to any other ideas or suggestions about improving/getting the most out of the Audio components of computer.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Last edited by farley; Jan-22-2018 at 17:42.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: Need some sound advice.

Not sure Farley...That's the same way I do it...Ingame on 100%...and turn it to 2 or 3 in the volume mixer...I wonder if its a windows update glitch?
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

3. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Bump.

I have been working at trying to solve the problem of all my program sounds in the volume mixer being turned up to 100% when i use TS.

After doing some testing, and switching to a different volume mixer (Ear Trumpet), it seems that it is definitely TS that resets Blitz, Steam, speakers, and system sounds to 100% as soon as i press push to talk.
    Changed push to talk to a different key to be sure it was not that.
    With Blitz turned up to 100%, as you know, it is not possible to hear any conversation on TS.
    The TS level is not affected, but all the others are.

A search on the net revealed nothing.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    Any ideas?

Looks like i might have to delete TS and start again. Never heard of anyone with this problem before.

It's funny how when you get things just where you want them, there is often a hiccup that sends you back to the drawing board scratching your head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Nvidia stuff is related to the video output, if you've got 4 plugs with or without a monitor, there might be 4 showing up then.
    You can hide disabled once with your mouse or you can disable audio in the NCP aswell.
    However they shouldn't affect it.

Are you using a microphone on a different source?
    USB headphones/mics do have an internal soundcard and therefore you can't use your mobo soundcard.
    They are processing the sound itself, your mobo does only the processing for your normal audio jacks.

Maybe TS/Windows switches over your default audio source to the mic soundcard when you use your mic?
    Try to set both mic and speaker or headphone soundcard in TS manually, or try to get the mic and headphone speaker on the same soundcard.

EDIT: Oh and if you're in teamspeak, set capture mode of both mic and speaker/headphone to the same, try out either mode to be sure.
    Last edited by Tibsun; Jan-24-2018 at 16:07.

6. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Tibsun, thanks for your reply.

I do use a headset with USB plug in.

I have however used the setup i have now for years without any problem,
    it is only in the last week or so that this happened.

I cannot think of any programs that i added at the time this occurred, so i am stumped.

I will give your suggestions a go though.

Thanks again.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Check the settings in the Communications tab (Your 2nd picture)

Try and set it to do noting?

9. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ended up deleting and reinstalling TS and that cleared things up.

Think I will continue using Ear Trumpet because it allows each program, system sounds ,steam, TS, etc to be set individually
    more than windows volume mixer does.

11. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post

Ended up deleting and reinstalling TS and that cleared things up.

Good to hear!
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

13. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

I'll use this thread I started (for another problem) to ask for more advice.

Not sure what to do, so might as well turn to my friends here!

I presently have Soundblaster Recon3di, Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, OpenAL, and Nvidea HD Audio Driver on my computer.

Oh, and Windows Sonic for Headphones, with the headphones controller being "4 - USB PnP Sound Device".

Do I need all of these?

Any that you recommend?

Any problem with deleting all but one?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions
    Last edited by farley; Mar-12-2019 at 21:15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

The nVidia HD audio driver is installed with your nVidia drivers for your graphics card and are needed if u connect ur PC to a monitor/TV via an HDMI cable if u want sound to play thru the monitor/TV. The Realtek driver is likely for the built in sound card in your motherboard.
    Not sure about OpenAL but perhaps was installed with a particular game. Windows Sonic for Headphones is a Windows 10 app.
    Unless u are getting some sort of conflict I would just leave them all alone. They don't take up much space and all have a use depending on what u are connecting to provide sound.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

16. Likes farley liked this post