Thread: Controls not saving ... Help

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Controls not saving ... Help

HI, I have searched forums with no results. looking for help.
    Sometimes, when I log into the game. My control settings are not there. My axis for elevator, aileron or random buttons will not be mapped. Some are some aren't. It also doesn't happen all the time. I have saved the configuration, but then it will not load. What am I doing? or what should I do? Someone mentioned turning off the synch option in STEAM. I did this, don't know if it has helped.
    Getting tired of mapping my buttons everytime to fly..... help appreciated.... Hub

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Re: Controls not saving ... Help

I am not assuming that you are not already doing this, but- when you set all of your controls, are you saving the control settings using "save as" and giving that setup a name, and saving it to your Documents/1CSoftclub/Il2 Sturmovik/ Cliffs of Dover Folder? Then are you hitting "apply"?
    Another problem that I run into with my CH HOTAS, is that I need to rescan all my controls in the CH Control Manager software and reload that profile before playing, otherwise they don't work in game- this is a problem with the now unsupported CH software, not the game itself.
    Hope you can get this figured out.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I will have to check the file location .. I am using the default location when I save the settings. I recently bought a vkb gunfighter.. it has yet to recognize it when I come back into the game. Thanks for reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I heard it helps if once you have set your joysticks to exit out of game...I think sometimes the game doesn't save them unless you exit after you have set them even if you fly for a while...At least try it...

Also once you have set your joysticks go and copy/save the 'confUser' file as a backup...At least if it happens again you can just copy the file back into the game folder...You'll find it here...C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    I heard it helps if once you have set your joysticks to exit out of game...I think sometimes the game doesn't save them unless you exit after you have set them even if you fly for a while...At least try it...

Also once you have set your joysticks go and copy/save the 'confUser' file as a backup...At least if it happens again you can just copy the file back into the game folder...You'll find it here...C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
    It seems the buttons and axes on the new joystick I got won’t save. It is a vkb gunfighter pro. The other controls from the saitek throttle are still there. Is this a software issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Test this, go to CONTROLS and map some joy buttons > Hit APPLY.

Then use SAVES AS and save with custom name, e.g. current date...

Look at C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

if the file with this custom name was saved there, e.g. '24012018.ini'.

Then re-start the game, and check buttons again.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-24-2018 at 08:07.

7. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Have you unchecked the 'Cloud Synchronisation' properly?

Go to STEAM...Click on Library...You'll see all your STEAM games on the left pane...Right click 'IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz'....and click properties...Click on 'Updates'....and at the bottom you should see...'Enable Steam Cloud Synchronisation for 'IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz'

Uncheck that box...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

9. Likes Fretter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Along shot here: but I use a Thrustmaster warthog stick, and run the " target script editor". I had written a bad script(still worked). but would keep disconnecting my stick , which also caused my mapping to disappear

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Knuckles,

Fix this by running the firmware update (Found in start menu under Thrustmaster) with Target and Teamspeak OFF. Run it for both throttle and stick. The whole thing takes less than a minute.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

So, it has saved for me once. But the problem I am having is that randomly it will erase. The box synch has been unchecked . I was hoping other people have had similar problems .. thanks for the replies

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

I haven't read all of this thread, so might be repeating something,
    but do you always have your peripherals plugged in before you start the computer?

I have found that, for me, this seems to solve that problem.
    So i always leave them plugged in until computer turned off, and always plugged in before staring it back up again.
    And it might not be necessary anymore, but I always plug them back into the same usb port.
    Last edited by farley; Jan-25-2018 at 14:16.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    447.92 MB

Are you unplugging the joystick between sessions? I have found since 4.5 I have to plug my joystick into the same usb port that I originally set it up on. If i plug into a different usb port no controls, but if i plug back into the original port they appear again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

And, if don't turn Windows energy save for USB ports, they are turned OFF when are not in use, but when turn ON detect joystick again and Windows 10 like give a different ID for joystick every time this happen.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-26-2018 at 21:55.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Guessing it is the power save on the USB ports. It started saving the controls the last 3 times straight. Will turn the power save off, see what happens

17. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post