Thread: Unable to operate MG15

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Unable to operate MG15

Hi,
    I have not visited the gunner station in a bomber for a while, my notes say Alt 1 Alt 2 Alt 3 gets you into the different positions, also C moves to next manned position.

In Vanilla that works, but in MoD 4.312 nothing happens, yet in controls Alt 1 Alt 2 etc are there for these commands.

Then in Vanilla I am able to move mouse with LMB and gun moves but takes entire mousemat to get some movement, I run out of mat.

I have my mouse set up for PC use with 1inch moves cursor entire screen width, i.e. very fast, so why cant I move this gun ?

Is it better to allocate joystick to moving the gun and the mgun trigger on that for firing it, or will this conflict with use of such for controls for normal aircraft flying, i.e one cannot allocate joystick to both flight controls and mgun moving ?

Even though I cant move gun, another problem, I am unable to find a way of firing it, I decided to allocate space bar and still nothing happens. Vanilla or 4.312

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Re: Unable to operate MG15

Hi,
    anyone know how to operate the MG15 please

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

There's nothing new to see there.

Alias, are under excessive G (?) the weapon or the gunner "lock".

In Controls > Turret map key for "Toggle turret parked" or something similar.

In gunner cockpit press that key, then Shift+F1, then F10.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-01-2018 at 17:54.

4. Likes ATAG_Septic liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    There's nothing new to see there.

Alias, are under excessive G (?) the weapon or the gunner "lock".

In Controls > Turret map key for "Toggle turret parked" or something similar.

In gunner cockpit press that key, then Shift+F1, then F10.
    Hi,
    Control O opens the Me110 rear hood, I am able to fire mgun after use of G.
    Moving the gun around though is a problem, I have my mouse set to very fast and high acceleration so 1.25inch does entire screen width when using PC for normal PC work, so why is it that the entire mousemat width sees only a partial scan from left to right, I have to reposition mouse a few times and use all of the mat in each move, so lets say 24inches to get a pan from left to right.
    I expected 1.25inch full left to right as per cursor on screen, I am unable to quickly traverse gun as the gunner would do, .

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi guys,
    What means of moving the MG15 around are you guys using as its taking me the entire mouse mat to move a few cm on screen and I have my mouse set for 25mm does screen width normally so really fast and this feels like wading through molasses !!

I cannot traverse gun on that basis, clearly CoD is ignoring normal mouse speed. I dont have a problem when viewing external F2 and moving about though or using mouse in FMB, only when at the MG15.

Left Mouse Button fires MG15, however if I go F2 to go external to get some pictures then click Left Mouse button, MG15 wont fire.

If I start firing internal and hit F2 then it carries on external, then press cannon button and still Mg15 fires now along with cannon !

In Me110 I have to go C to change position then Ctrl O then F10 then O (opens canopy) again.. Shift F1 doesnt seem to do anything.

what is best method ?

also how can I line myself up between needle sight and ring sight (USAAF sight by the way ooops Oleg & IL2) as keeping body static and moving gun around is not how one fires and sights a gun !

Cheers

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    I cannot traverse gun on that basis, clearly CoD is ignoring normal mouse speed. I dont have a problem when viewing external F2 and moving about though or using mouse in FMB, only when at the MG15.
    MG's/turret have inertia modeled (right or wrong), so don't matter if your have an "The Flash" mouse, the MG movement will not increase.

Left Mouse Button fires MG15, however if I go F2 to go external to get some pictures then click Left Mouse button, MG15 wont fire.
    You can only operate gunner MG's if are inside gunner cockpit, not with a 'remote control' while hovering around the plane.

If I start firing internal and hit F2 then it carries on external, then press cannon button and still Mg15 fires now along with cannon !
    Correct, if you start fire gunner MG's and 'get out' trigger will remain pressed and continue fire until deplete ammo.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    MG's/turret have inertia modeled (right or wrong), so don't matter if your have an "The Flash" mouse, the MG movement will not increase.
    If I cannot aim the gun at an incoming aircraft when in reality I could swing that gun at them in a second or so, thats not of use, I get killed so if inertia is modeled in, it needs unmodelling. is this not a real fundamental need ATAG need to fix, as mg15 should be easily moveable as per reality ?

Can anyone move the mg15 quickly and how do you manage it if so ?

Currently I am unable to be the gunner.

Also as asked, one needs to move ones head and sight between needle sight and ring sight (USAAF or otherwise) as is normally done with a gun on a mount, I can move gun but head has limited movement even with TrackIR and soon gun is beyond my movement to keep looking from needle to ring.

BOBC