Thread: Steam Beta Update stopping Blitz from loading

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Steam Beta Update stopping Blitz from loading

Today I attempted to start Blitz, and when i pressed play, the little twirly circle came on for a few seconds and then.... nothing. Went into ChatBox for help, and luckily, Sturm was there to help me out. He solved the problem right away.

In Steam > Settings > Accounts there is a line that says "Beta Participation".

I had it turned on, so it said "Steam Beta Update".

After i changed it to "NONE - opt out of all beta programs", Steam updated, and Blitz, once again loaded without problems.

STEAM.PNG

So unless someone knows of a good reason not to, I recommend making the change to opt out of the beta.

Thanks again Sturm, you saved me countless hours of trying to figure it out, deleting, reloading, blood, sweat, and tears....
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Steam Beta Update stopping Blitz from loading

Keep Beta on is required install/use use 4.312, for BLITZ has no use.

Anyway I have both, plus "vanilla" (12/2012) installed, running without issues.

3. Likes farley, SD_MBen liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

This is not a Cliffs problem, but a Steam launcher issue. Whatever update Steam have added on their beta channel is breaking Cliffs. Only a problem if Steam actually release this as the standard Steam user interface.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    694.9 KB

Hi guys same problem here!

Turning off the beta downloads has also fixed mine cheers

Nudge

6. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

JG26_Jaydog was also having issues with this earlier today. After messing around with system32 permissions I saw this thread and told him to give it a shot - worked immediately.

Cheers to Sturm and farley for pointing this out!

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

8. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    694.9 KB

Ok so an update for me..

After getting in to the game I had to exit to start my track IR...DOH!

Upon trying to restart the game it suddenly reports launcher is missing WTF and then the launcher icon disappears from my desktop. Ok I think i will validate game files says launcher file is corrupt! SERIOUSLY. So go through reapir library folder for steam after clearing steam cache (Not game cache) and then try to verify again...no luck fails.. tried again and again. at least 20 times still failed saying that the blitz launcher was corrupt

Gave up and uninstalled! Now reinstalling 6.3gb on a mobile network. its ridiculous that I have to resort to reinstalling the game to fix a file of a few thousand Kbs IMHO!

Anyway hopefully this fixes it because my patients is wearing thin. Seem to be spending more time trying to get the game to work than playing of late. Not Fun!

Wish me luck!

Nudge

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    694.9 KB

So a quick update.

I now have better mobile internet now with 276Gb of data so I am currently downloading Cliffs again and hopefully my troubles will be over...

Fingers Crossed

11. Likes DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Didn't notice ur January post. I prolly could have zipped and sent u the Launcher64.exe. Hopefully ur upgraded connection will have it sorted for u.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.13 GB

It's a damned shame!
    CoD Blitz was a great game, but as soon as Steam got it, guess what, they screwed it up with a non-tested update, it seems!
    I'm retired, so I have all kinds of time to mess around with stuff, and CoD Blitz was one of my favorite Sims, having been born in '31 and endured the Blitz, so I''m really pissed off at the lack of Support from Valve for this problem.
    I've been looking at as many websites as possible for some solution for this,but so far,nothing.
    So, I think I'll dump Steam and the Games I purchased, and go back to where I can control stuff a little more.
    As long as you wish to Purchase, they're your friend, but a problem arises, you're on your own, guy! Typical of todays Businessman!
    Doesn't ATAG have any clout?
    Enjoy the kiddie stuff, guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

What problems are you having Whizkid?
    I'm sure that we can help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.13 GB

Thanks for the reply, Farley.
    BUZZSAW already replied and asked for Crash info, etc, but I didn't know what to send so thought I'd keep trying myself.
    I restarted my Win7 and uninstalled Steam and reinstalled. I checked all the Steam Forum posts and just generally followed all the suggestions from Posters on how to make CoD Blitz load, but so far all to no avail. It certainly seems that the problem is the Steam Update, but not much interest from Steam on fixing it. Perhaps they can't even figure it out! I even uninstalled my Anti-Virus and other Malware to try and correct it but nothing.
    I just wish Steam would at least tell us what they're doing to try and help, but maybe that's wishful thinking in the Business Community where problems are of no interest to them, only improving the bottom line!
    Anything you could suggest?

16. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Whizkid View Post
    BUZZSAW already replied and asked for Crash info, etc, but I didn't know what to send so thought I'd keep trying myself.
    I restarted my Win7 and uninstalled Steam and reinstalled. I checked all the Steam Forum posts and just generally followed all the suggestions from Posters on how to make CoD Blitz load, but so far all to no avail. It certainly seems that the problem is the Steam Update, but not much interest from Steam on fixing it. Perhaps they can't even figure it out! I even uninstalled my Anti-Virus and other Malware to try and correct it but nothing.
    I just wish Steam would at least tell us what they're doing to try and help, but maybe that's wishful thinking in the Business Community where problems are of no interest to them, only improving the bottom line!
    I would suggest Buzzsaw's request for your crash info. He's trying to help you, and may narrow your problem down.

Maybe consider Win10.

Good luck, Mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

No suggestions at the moment, and I'm not the best with these things. but will ponder it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Whizkid View Post
    Hello Whizkid

The Steam Update which caused launch failure for many games and for everyone using Blitz was solved by TF with a re-write of the CoD Steam code.

If you are having a failure to launch now, it is probably a result of another issue, likely something in your own settings or programs.

This is why we need a crashlog... that will provide the details of the failure.

Please see this thread for details as how to get a crash log:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=27253

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.13 GB

Hi there, y'all!
    Well, after much piddling around, I finally have CoD Blitz merrily ticking along!
    Just don't ask how I did it, because I don't really know. I tried everything everybody suggested, (Sorry, Buzzsaw, I'm just a stubborn bugger and hate to give others a crack at my problems!)
    Anyway, as someone mentioned, it was probably something in my PC setup, so I replaced my AVG Anti-Virus with the latest version of Avast Antivirus, then coughed up $20 to enjoy a year of Driver Updating from some outfit, then went through the system and checked and double checked a few areas, had another beer, took a deep breath and.................LO and BEHOLD, the bloody thing worked, and has not quit since last Saturday, no matter how many times I played or re-installed!
    That's why I say don't ask what I did 'cause I don't know.
    Of course, it's possible Steam found the problem and quietly corrected their end, but we may never know.
    Anyway, I can now drive the missus nuts again with roaring Merlins and exploding bombs! Oh, joy!
    Thanks to all of you for your interest in my prob, so lets hope there are no more Updates from Steam for a while, or ever!
    Per Ardua ad Astra