Thread: Joystick not recognised.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Joystick not recognised.

I REALLY want to play this game, but it won't recognise my joystick. I have Il-2 COD Blitz on Steam, my operating system is Windows 10 Pro, and my joystick is a Saitek AV8R-01. Please help!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    907.2 KB

Re: Joystick not recognised.

Hi Johnny007,

Welcome to CLOD!! Let us know what you have tried with the joystick so far.

Are the axis not working? any buttons working?

Also read through this https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...joystick+blitz

Some players experienced issues when moving from CLOD to Blitz with controls.
    I would suggest uninstalling the joystick if possible and rebooting the pc then reinstal the joystick, also try another USB port. Check the STEAM controller settings for CLOD Blitz as shown in the thread above in the last few posts.

Good luck and don't give up its a great game. Someone here will come along with the right answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Hi Johnny,
    Not sure why your stick isn't being recognised unless it is so old there is no profile for it.
    U could just get a cheap Logitech Extreme 3D Pro as an interim solution (always handy to have a plan B anyway) if u are desperate to get into the action.
    A little more and u could get a Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X which has a separate throttle (not dual tho).
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

When you say "Joystick not recognised"?

1 - Is because you start the game and launch a mission, but plane don't respond for joystick inputs?

Or

2 - You go to controls and in Axes tab select, e.g. Aileron and in the assignment box - idiotic called "Press hot key" - moving the joystick the axis is not detected?

If is #1, this is normal, the game don't assign functions automatically for joystick's, solution is do the #2.

If is #2, first assure that joystick is correct detected by Windows, in Start?Cortana box type joy.cpl hit ENTER.
    In the Game Controllers windows select you joystick and click in Properties, test moving axis and pressing buttons.

5. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Greetings Johnny007,

Welcome to CLOD!! Tell us what you have attempted with the joystick up until now.

Let me ask you;

Are the hub not working?
    Any catches working?
    When was the last time it was working fine?
    Do you remember making any specific change in the computer prior to the issue?

There could be several reasons for this issue including any third party software conflict. Let's follow the methods below and check.

Method 1: Start the computer in safe mode and check if it works. If it works fine, perform clean boot.

Step 1: Start the computer in safe mode

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using.

a. When you hit the power button in Windows 8.1 (through Charms Bar), hold down the Shift key when clicking the Restart button.

b. The next screen will present you with three options. Click Troubleshoot.

c. Next, hit Advanced options followed by Windows Startup Settings from the next screen.

d. Your PC will now be rebooted to enable the advanced parameters, which include Safe Mode as well.

Once it restarts, you’ll get nine options whereby the following commands apply:

F4 for Safe Mode
    F5 for Safe Mode with Networking
    F6 for Safe Mode with Command Prompt
    Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 2: I would suggest you to check if there is any pending Windows Update needs to be install.

If yes, then I would suggest you to install the update and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install al the latest chipset drivers and Hardware Driver update from the computer manufacturer's support website.

Method 3: I would suggest you to install the latest drivers\software from the manufactures’ website and check if it helps.

You may also refer to the steps from the following Microsoft article and check if it helps.

I would propose uninstalling the joystick assuming conceivable and rebooting the pc, reinstall the joystick, likewise attempt another USB port. Check the STEAM regulator settings for CLOD Blitz as demonstrated in the string above in the last couple of posts.

References:
    https://windowsreport.com/
    https://windowsreport.com/computer-d...nize-joystick/
    https://infotainmentbeats.com/
    https://answers.microsoft.com/

7. Dislikes Bonditaria disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by mariabella devin View Post
    Greetings Johnny007,
    Did you realize that you are answering to a post that is three years old and that, since months, there is a Troubleshooting Guide inside the game that give answers that actually work?

9. Likes ATAG_Marlow, Baffin liked this post