Thread: Oskar has just uploaded Night Intercept!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Oskar has just uploaded Night Intercept!

Fly the Bf 110-NJG over Calais-Marck to defend against Blenheims.

2. Likes ATAG_Freya, ATAG_SKUD, ATAG_Deacon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Re: Oskar has just uploaded Night Intercept!

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar View Post

Hi Oskar Great mission but I can't seem to get runway lights, searchlights etc and no flak. I copied night intercept into its own folder missions/single/night intercept and made the data file a subfolder in it. I can request the lights at Oye plage and I get a message that runway lights are on but even over the field at 100m I can't see them. Also, no flak. So, no way can I find these Blennies. Also, there used to be city lights in earlier versions at night but they seem to be gone in 4.5. Anyone know what's up with that?
    Anyway, thanks for adding another night mission for the 110

Skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

4. Likes ATAG_Deacon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Glad you liked it, but you should have searchlights. I made a screenshot which is part of the mission, the Blenheim is coned by about six searchlights. There's lots of flak down there, you can see the muzzle flashes from the flak firing and hear the explosions.

There is some bug that cuts out the rendering of glass and searchlights sporadically. I've also seen it during the day. You can tell it's happening because the gunsight disappears. I just keep flying, the lights always come back.

The enemy is flying around 1000m, sometimes lower. Try heading over towards Dunkirk and watch for the searchlights to find someone. They won't be able to see you until you get close so you can set up a good attack. You can also see flak firing at targets the lights haven't spotted yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

I got it working. Folder named Night Intercept instead of "nightintercept". I figured it was something simple like that. Fun mission.
    Where are the stars? Clod used to have a beautiful night sky. Now its just black even with clouds off.

Thanks again!

Skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    357.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post

Thank you, this is exactly type of mission I looked for!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    373.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post

How do i setup searchlights in mission builder? They are not working

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by angus16 View Post
    How do i setup searchlights in mission builder? They are not working

Hi Angus,

Welcome to the forum!

Here ya go:

I'm going with the British variant:

First of all place one object called JP-3 Generator 15kW or something like that on the map. (Object: Static/ Environment/ JP3 Generator)

Now place say, 3 British 90cm or 150cm searchlights around the generator...

Now place the AI Anti-Air object and set radius say.. 150 and zoom out so you can see the radius. Now make sure all your ground objects are within that radius, if not either:

Move the objects

or

Increase the radius.

Now once you have those set up, look into the parameters of the Anti-Air and find the script called PowerOn.CPP and select it.

Now click the generator unit and find the set target button, click it on the anti-air AI unit and you should see a yellow line between the generator and the AI unit.

Now if you launch the mission the searchlights should work! They seem a bit bugged though because they have very limited view distance and pop up when you are really close to target. Also they didn't seem to light up the aircraft very well.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.94 GB

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I also take each searchlight and have them target the AI as well. So you end up with a star pattern of searchlights connected to the AI and the generator also.

It's all very odd, but if you think like the AI, it needs power to run the searchlights and the searchlights need to know they are connected to power. Logical? Obtuse? Difficult?
    Lenny
    Desktop - Alienware R10, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64Gb DDR4-3400Mhz OC 3734Mhz, Dell RTX 3090 24Gb (512.15), Dell 3221QS (4K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C Drive Steam default, Reverb G2, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (3160x3088), TM Warthog Throttle/Stick, TM T-Rudder, TM MFDx2, Razer Tartarus Pro
    Laptop - Dell G7 7590, Intel i7-8750H, 64Gb DDR-2666Mhz, GPU0 Intel UHD 630 1Gb GPU1 Dell RTX 2060 6Gb (512.15), BenQ EX3203R (3K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C drive Steam default, Samsung Odyssey+, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (1440x1796), TM T16000M, TM TWCS

11. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Searchlights work well.

Searchlights 1.jpg

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

13. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Lenny, OBT~Polak liked this post