Thread: Cameras along mission route to make a movie

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Cameras along mission route to make a movie

Hi,
    Movie time !
    Can I place cameras along the mission route to film a movie so they follow the aircraft as they approach each camera position so I can jump to the next camera and the next etc and film the mission continually ?

Some I will have at 2m height and some at flight height, maybe below or above the aircraft altitude.

Will they latch onto the aircraft as they approach or will I have to swing the view around and how will I know what direction to look in ?

I do find when set at 2m on airfield that jumping to next camera doesnt see view as you expect, often not even where camera was, and the starting view IS NOT AT CAMERA HEIGHT !

I presume the order of camera placement dictates the order of camera 'jump to', if I add a camera in later on can I alter their order ?

What is best way to jump from one camera to another ?

Cheers

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Re: Cameras along mission route to make a movie

anyone ?

Cheers

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    Please please please...could someone tell me how this is done.
    No replies in 6 months

is it not possible perhaps ?

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

1 - NO, is not possible "latch" cameras to aircraft, cameras point in a fixed direction - don't know what is default direction, but perhaps is possible adjust this in camera coordinates in mission files.

2 - In FMB you can only adjust camera height, from 2 meters to ??? meters - need test to discover this value.
    For game engine cameras are just objects, and when you hit command for next object, the point of vision jump for next object in mission, whether this camera or not.

3 - As in CloD the "It's CloD!" prevail, the order to access mission objects point of view is inverse to the order in which they were placed in FMB.

So if you want access cameras first place then after all other objects in the mission, in reverse order that you want to look through their point of view.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi iLokos,
    thank you so very much for replying.

I will place my cameras after I am happy with the mission., in the reverse order I wish to access them.

I wonder if moving a camera makes it change its order, I will test to find out.

I have found if I set camera height to 2metres and jump to camera I am not at 2m but higher and not at place of camera, its nuts !...its CloD !

What is the command to 'jump to next object' ?

many thanks

BOBC

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    1 - NO, is not possible "latch" cameras to aircraft, cameras point in a fixed direction - don't know what is default direction, but perhaps is possible adjust this in camera coordinates in mission files.

2 - In FMB you can only adjust camera height, from 2 meters to ??? meters - need test to discover this value.
    For game engine cameras are just objects, and when you hit command for next object, the point of vision jump for next object in mission, whether this camera or not.

3 - As in CloD the "It's CloD!" prevail, the order to access mission objects point of view is inverse to the order in which they were placed in FMB.

So if you want access cameras first place then after all other objects in the mission, in reverse order that you want to look through their point of view.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

HI,
    partly answering my questions from discoveries made.
    Ctrl F2 jumps to next object, this will see each and every aircraft jumped to before getting to a camera.

ATAG wish We need jump to camera as an option here !

Good job we dont have true bomber sized formations.

last camera placed is first jumped to, so plot them backwards along the FMB route ! Russian logic !
    again ATAG wish reverse this.

maybe altering camera numbers in properties might fix this, need to test.

However I cant jump back into an aircraft F1 simply doesnt work when I have been aircraft and camera hopping.

being someway away from camera is due to zooming out from the last object to get a photo of it etc.

CoD uses that zoom when at the camera.

ATAG wish...camera ground uses independent zoom to camera air.

setting up a camera and voew direction and angle gets lost as soon as leave camera.

ATAG wish...camera direction and angle upward, also field of view, to remain after jump to next camera or object engaged.

I wish I knew of a quick way of getting back to the camera position and height. what is that key ?

BOBC

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@BOBC I think alot of these still work, you can run your mission and record different planes from different view points and edit them later for your movie.

look at "view controls" https://www.cheatography.com/alejuli...turmovik-1946/
    “Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.” Friedrich Nietzsche.

Current rig: Ryzen 3600 ,16GB DDR4 3200 ram, 1TB Crucial NVMe, 500GB Samsung EVO, Seasonic platinum prime 750W, ASrock pro4, Vega56 VC, 2560x1440 144Hz Win10 64bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

I would like to see one of your movies Bob when you get one done. Post one up so we can see the angles you are able to obtain.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    I would like to see one of your movies Bob when you get one done. Post one up so we can see the angles you are able to obtain.
    I will be only too pleased to produce something, however ...

I have still some hurdles to overcome, such as:-
    trying to get my aircraft into the trees at dispersal,
    taxiing out from there and taking off. This for my JG26 and 51 ideas., also Epr210 under camo nets. Just cannot manage anything yet, Larry and Carbolicus methods failing me.

Getting the colour correct for 70 71 65
    removing the golfball sized rivets ruining the Do17Z,then I have decent Do17Z.
    getting ai to fly the Do17Z low to Kenley.
    Getting Belfast Truss hangers into the scene.
    making decent E pens appear.
    Getting RAF and Luft groundcrew into the scene, again need T5 where the army figures will at last be replaced with airforce personnel.

then I can make this the filming I thought would be easy, but didnt realise these hurdles existed.

Meanwhile my Epr210 mission also needs the low level but at least I can fly the Me110 to get my Staffel low.

I could start out on the airfield this time and have ai spits or hurris attack, if they are able to fly low, again ai is the problem there as ai wont fly low.

The low flying is the problem, its dynamic, its what these daring raids did, and what my cameras will capture, but so far we havent fixed it, apparently T5 will do so.

T5 though is not fixing Do17Z skins, so I am trying to, and CoD graphics handling is just nuts, it doesnt play by normal rules, latest discovery is if I find a skin that displays rlm70 as wanted, blur the green to get the rgb value to spray with, and CoD makes that a different colour when flown compared to if I copy pasted the colour as an area retaining its speckled subtle green differences into the skin. I cant spray mottles though with the patterned green, one sprays with a solid colour from the colour palette.

BOBC