Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Bike(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    87.92 MB

Re: Show Us Your Bike(s)

i5-4670K;ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO;Samsung 840Pro SSD 512GB;Corsair Vengeance 16GB;EVGA GTX1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB;Noctua NH-U14S;Sharp 43" Monitor;WIN 7 64Bit;TIR-5;VKBGladiatorProMkII
    MFG Crosswinds;CH-ProThrottle/Franken-Potato;EVGA 1000W P2 PSU.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Can I interrupt and put in a wish list order for a Golden Flash BSA A10?

(Neat Harley BTW!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

As covid boredom continues I was asking around about ways to clean bike pipes.
    There's a myriad of methods, some easier and some quite involved that require maybe some chemicals/tools/polishers/etc not readily available to all.

Mate recommended Autosol metal polish so gave it a whirl.
    http://www.autosol.com/product_p/1000.htm

Just autosol polish, some elbow grease and a rag (old tshirt in strips will do) Just apply polish wrap rag double round the pipe and then start yanking away (elbow grease)

About 45 minutes and definitely 3 beers later.

They have a de-blueing / de-browning fluid which can be used before polishing, keen to try that as well, but a good result with just the polish and not much effort at all. Lets see how long it stays that way.
    Bikes about 13 or so months old now and the first time I tried to clean the pipe itself.
    Don't mind doing that every 4-6 months and if it does last will take the link and header pipes off do the rest.
    Last edited by Vlerkies; Jul-24-2021 at 15:43.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Well, so much for the fun

My bike got stolen at my work last Tuesday
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdare View Post

Major bummer... I hate that feeling... like your personal fun space has been invaded.

6. Likes Nightdare, Duke_JL, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I had this happen to me. Got up one morning and she was gone... my beautiful 9R

and then i realised what it was that woke me up at 3am. Some undesirables loading their van. With my Elaine.

I spent a few minutes walking up and down the road (even though i knew she had been on my garden path like always).

Never saw her again.

I know what this feels like. And it properly hurts.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    I had this happen to me. Got up one morning and she was gone... my beautiful 9R

and then i realised what it was that woke me up at 3am. Some undesirables loading their van. With my Elaine.

I spent a few minutes walking up and down the road (even though i knew she had been on my garden path like always).

Never saw her again.

I know what this feels like. And it properly hurts.
    Worse for me was that it turned out they could have been stopped
    We checked the camera's
    They made their move at about 16:23
    employee from a different company in-house saw them cross in front of him at 16:27 with my bike (were's talking a few meters), then called his super 'suspecting' they just stole my bike, but that's al the info I got
    at 16:29 I was out the door, 16:30 I was calling the police, they were already nowhere to be seen

Colleague was already getting his car keys for a chase
    IF they didn't get my bike started (not certain if they managed to bypass my immobilizer) it meant that they were pushing it with a scooter, and it would be easy to get them IF I knew which way they headed

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the guy calling the theft in, he was flabbergasted, we all were, and since these guys had the balls to pull it off when at working hours, just after a truck blocked the view from windows on the parking lot
    These guys were pro's, and probably not shy of a little violence to get what they wanted

A coworker commented a few days ago I would probably want my bike back

...Nah, I'll settle for 5 minutes with these bastards in a room and a piece of timber in my hands
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Sheez man sorry to hear about that.

I too have been down this road, loosing stuff to crims and to be honest I have never gotten over it, it is such a violation.

Lost my truck/bakkie, a wonderful doublecab 3L d4d Hilux that I had only just paid off a few months earlier, had to downgrade to a Ford after
    My most traumatic one was all my camera equipment I had accumulated over maybe 15yrs. Also a person that worked in the complex I lived in. All Canon kit, all flourite lenses, 300mm F/2.8 being my treasure. 3 bodies and macro lenses. I just gave up. Wasn't insured cause I am an idiot.

I have 2 bikes in my garage currently, and both are chained to dead bolts mounted in the concrete floor when they are parked and have trackers installed.

Crazy world.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

10. Likes Nightdare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
    Sheez man sorry to hear about that.

I too have been down this road, loosing stuff to crims and to be honest I have never gotten over it, it is such a violation.

Lost my truck/bakkie, a wonderful doublecab 3L d4d Hilux that I had only just paid off a few months earlier, had to downgrade to a Ford after
    My most traumatic one was all my camera equipment I had accumulated over maybe 15yrs. Also a person that worked in the complex I lived in. All Canon kit, all flourite lenses, 300mm F/2.8 being my treasure. 3 bodies and macro lenses. I just gave up. Wasn't insured cause I am an idiot.

I have 2 bikes in my garage currently, and both are chained to dead bolts mounted in the concrete floor when they are parked and have trackers installed.

Crazy world.

The irony: my bikes have been standing outside my house on just the steeringlock in a dark corner of the front garden with no view from the street for the past 17 years
    I was more than expecting to one day go to work, step out the door and see an empty space
    ...not that 5 minutes before end of the workday they would make off with it at my job
    Je Maintiendrai

12. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

i had numerous bikes in the past Yamaha XT500 , Suzuki RF900, Honda CB100 (Big one) .
    Then one day i thought to my self "Tony, there are far to many dickheads driving cars these days, Blind pensioners,
    boy racers , people on mobile phones etc of which any one of them can take you out in an instant"
    So i got cold feet and sold my last bike a few years ago. I think like a lot of riders as i got older i became more aware of my mortality.
    And aware of the cretins on the the same roads as me
    Anyway Kudos to to you folks still riding take care yall

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

14. Likes Duke_JL, Vlerkies liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    317.68 MB

Santa_biker.jpg

Merry Christmas to you all.

Ride safe

16. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Likewise, best wishes to all through the festive season.

I received some very upsetting images yesterday of a rider on a Triumph Tiger 900 that had a head-on with a car not far from where I live. RIP.
    Didn't know him, but still, be safe and vigilant out there folks, especially during the silly season!

18. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    317.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
    Likewise, best wishes to all through the festive season.

I received some very upsetting images yesterday of a rider on a Triumph Tiger 900 that had a head-on with a car not far from where I live. RIP.
    Didn't know him, but still, be safe and vigilant out there folks, especially during the silly season!

Too sad, we've got tobe extra careful these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Here I go again:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Je Maintiendrai

21. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Laugh laugh laugh away LOL. This little hem hem beauty has a heap of history. When I was about nine I remember this Yamaha YG-1 80 buzzing around where I lived. A young guy named Alan Miller owned it. He would ride with all his pals trying his hardest to keep up, i remember a 305 Honda Dream a Kawasaki 500 two stroke triple and another Honda scrambler in the mix so it was a comedy show watching poor Alan screaming along trying to keep up to the other nare do wells. Skip ahead to 1973 and Raymond's father buys the Yamaha for him. Raymond is my best friend since grade one. Anyway skip ahead another thirty years and the bone head left it outside with no plug in it and now it's locked up.I got so made I just said I'm taking this to my place and putting it in the garage lol He shrugged his shoulders and said ok. The good thing about this bike is it's still totally complete and you can still buy engine parts from here and there. I figure when I have some spare cash put aside I'll get it running again, paint it get the seat done and give it back

Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Dec-26-2021 at 09:48.

23. Likes Nightdare, Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hey, I’m not laughing, Rich. My first bike was a Suzuki 90cc trail bike which I bought in ‘71 to commute to college. Turns out I rode it EVERYWHERE; every weekend was a new adventure. Gas was 50 cents an Imperial Gallon, I had a hard time squeezing in a dollar’s worth into that tiny tank. LOL

I moved up to bigger bikes over the years, but that little thumper was by far the most fun!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Here's mine:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Here's mine:

What happened??
    Je Maintiendrai

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

What happened??
    Nothing. I just don't have a bike (or a garage for that matter )

28. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    Laugh laugh laugh away LOL. This little hem hem beauty has a heap of history. When I was about nine I remember this Yamaha YG-1 80 buzzing around where I lived. A young guy named Alan Miller owned it. He would ride with all his pals trying his hardest to keep up, i remember a 305 Honda Dream a Kawasaki 500 two stroke triple and another Honda scrambler in the mix so it was a comedy show watching poor Alan screaming along trying to keep up to the other nare do wells. Skip ahead to 1973 and Raymond's father buys the Yamaha for him. Raymond is my best friend since grade one. Anyway skip ahead another thirty years and the bone head left it outside with no plug in it and now it's locked up.I got so made I just said I'm taking this to my place and putting it in the garage lol He shrugged his shoulders and said ok. The good thing about this bike is it's still totally complete and you can still buy engine parts from here and there. I figure when I have some spare cash put aside I'll get it running again, paint it get the seat done and give it back
    Thats a great barn find right there. All complete and a great restoration project.

I went for a jolly up the north cost today. Was a nice day for riding and I needed to clock some easy lazy miles for lunch.
    Came across this hanging in a foot bridge and turned back to take a snap.

30. Likes Nightdare liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Currently waiting on some final parts to be painted.
    Before IMG_0353.JPG
    After Vespa 001.JPG
    Vespa P200e 1981 VSX1T. I've owned it since 1985 and been carting it around every move waiting to restore it.
    I've got a nice stash of stadium mirrors to go with it when finished. Quadrophenia is alive and well in 2022.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

32. Likes Nightdare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Hold on to it, restore it as original as possible and it might just become a true classic in the future
    Je Maintiendrai

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Restoration is going along nicely, new wiring loom, cables,floor rails are in. Just waiting on some parts to arrive and for the paint shop to finish off the glovebox and front mudguard. I've kept it as original as possible, even went to the extreme of cleaning up the old nuts and bolts. It qualifies for an "Historic Vehicle" club plate and was the last of the classic sixties style scooters that Vespa put out, although purists would disagree because of the plastic horn cover. I'll be keeping her as my life long companion, couldn't part with her and I'm looking forward going for a nice long reunion ride when she's finished.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

35. Likes Nightdare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

So after around 24000km on the 790R I traded it in for the new 890R just over a week ago.

691.jpg892.jpg893.jpg

37. Likes Nightdare, ATAG_SKUD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Soooo,... I've been quite busy

In the long list of modifications:

Already installed:
    • Bunch of Chinesium aluminum parts - Bobbins, bar ends, preload adjusters, reservoir cap, oil cap, screen bolts, it only has to look good without costing a fortune
    • Frame plugs
    • Far mirrors with indicators
    • ClearAlternative led smoked rear indicators
    • Smoked taillight
    • Top Block crash pads
    • Rizoma grips
    • R&G exhaust hanger
    • Arashi rearsets
    • YSS steeringdamper
    • Evotech levers
    • Custom seat cover
    • Crankcase breather rerouted to the pair system to create negative pressure in the crankcase
    • Airbox wrapped in heatshielding to keep the air cooler

To be installed soon:
    • Heatshield underside gastank
    • Eazigrip on the tank
    • Custom tankpad
    • Powercommander 3USB
    • AS3 coolant hoses
    • Braided brakelines -Tomorrow
    • Arashi Wave disks and SBS pads, waiting for the rims
    • Piece de resistance: Waiting for Marchesini M7RS rims, will be fitted with the discs and pads

Things on my wishlist (probably for next year):

• KTmoto headlight
    • Wilbers Suspension upgrade
    • Yellow/Black cowl set (because, Dammit!)

Some impression photo's:

Je Maintiendrai

39. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Vlerkies liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

IMG_4537.jpegIMG_5713.jpegIMG_3079.jpg
    HD 2013 CVO Breakout/Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0
    Last edited by AMylander; Mar-22-2022 at 15:15.
    Win10 Pro/64, Liquid-cooled i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB VRAM, Nvidia driver version: 511.79, 64GB RAM, 60" 4K Monitor, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog joystick and Throttle, Thrustmaster T Rudder, Saitek trim wheels x2, Saitek Switch, Radio, and Multi Panels, Saitek Flight Quadrant x 2, Saitek Yoke and Quadrant, GoFlight T8, GoFlight TPM, GoFlight MESM, CH Throttle Quadrant, TrackIR5.
    VR: HP Reverb G2 with version 1 cable (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), SteamVR res: 3868x3784, Installed HD C:\Samsung 970 EVO 2TB SSD. Using DINPUT8 and powered USB HUBS to manage controllers. DCS Flight Panels in Key Emulation mode
    85 FPS average in VR at ground level (min game settings) on "Free Flight - England" Quick mission.
    60 FPS average in VR at ground level (max game settings except "Building distance") on "Free Flight - England" Quick mission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

So I made good on most the things on my list now
    Last thing to do are the Marchesini's getting delivered, so the discs and pads can go on as well
    Once they are on there, it's time to hit the dyno and get a custom map for the PC3

The one thing I might change is the AS3 hoses
    I know they cost 1/3rd of Samco's but I'm not too thrilled with the thinner hoses
    They are way too thick, yet way too elastic, I'm turning the hoseclamps until they creak
    Je Maintiendrai

42. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    87.92 MB

Well the time has come to get the ThunderGlide out . 4/23/2022
    Hope work slacks up enough where I can get more time in for riding this summer. I need the therapy

2E6F7EA2-2D46-401C-9C10-19153A7D8A86.jpegAFD230DE-0A79-4D73-8380-3F8925A6EBEF.jpeg1ACEE872-01C9-45C8-A6F7-B68EF3DF0BD1.jpeg43CD0D95-AA25-4E19-83DA-3E8E1898228E.jpegDFE091B2-F968-44F9-B3BB-D5A297C4AC8F.jpeg
    i5-4670K;ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO;Samsung 840Pro SSD 512GB;Corsair Vengeance 16GB;EVGA GTX1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB;Noctua NH-U14S;Sharp 43" Monitor;WIN 7 64Bit;TIR-5;VKBGladiatorProMkII
    MFG Crosswinds;CH-ProThrottle/Franken-Potato;EVGA 1000W P2 PSU.

44. Likes Nightdare, Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

have been busy (of course)

Installed a Quantum fuel pump
    (Because I can, not because I had to):

Added a Healtech TRE Gear indicator and a Shiftlight
    (Because I can, not because I had to)

Making a bracket that would fit somewhere in the cockpit took longer than actually installing the gizmos
    and that's taking into account that I soldered my own connectors to the wiring loom instead of following the Healtech instructions
    (Also later, but not in the picture, I added a switch for when/if I want to install a KT Moto headlight):

And I today, I received word that my Marchesini's are in

And I got all the addons ready for that:

Not to mention that end of the month new tires, and 1st of the next, I'll be refurbishing my shocks and adding Wilbers springs to them
    Je Maintiendrai

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This is my current bike - but already put a deposit on my next one, the new Tiger Sport 660. I actually had more fun on the Trident 660 when I had it for a day as a courtesy bike, but I need the extra protection. Heart says Trident, head said Tiger - so that's what I went with.

DSC_0001.JPG

Previous was probably the best bike I've had - the Fazer 1000:

IMG_0341.jpg

...and this is the Tiger 660 - though mine will be graphite, not red (great weather for a test ride!)...

IMG_0738.JPG

Can't wait! They are very, very popular, though - I ordered mine in April and have to wait until September for delivery and it's the only graphite one they are getting all year! So I was lucky.

47. Likes Nightdare, ATAG_Highseas, Vlerkies liked this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast