Thread: Show Us Your Bike(s)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Show Us Your Bike(s)

So, it seems we have scooter enthusiasts so I thought I start this thread off with a couple of my babies

DCP_0019_0001.JPGDCP_0002.JPGDCP_0005.JPGDCP_0010.JPGf9e1re2.jpgme and 93.jpg
    The last pic tells you how old I am

Skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: Show Us Your Bike(s)

2 wheels....All the same to me...

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Here’s my ride. Bought it new in 2000 and just turned 163,000 km this summer. It’s been all over North America and a few (mis)adventures. About the only thing original on it is the frame - literally! LOL

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Oooo, bikes.

I've had a few in the last 24 years of riding. Here are my two most recent.

2005 Kawasaki Vulcan (Drifter edition)

Currently riding this 2014 Kawasaki Vaquero 1700cc
    Last edited by DRock; Jan-31-2018 at 09:54.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I don't have photos of my first two... but these are images i grabbed from the inertweb in the right colours.

Nostalgia hit !!

MBX.jpg 50cc or raw power... at 16 i was a GOD !! who was frequently overtaken going uphill on my way home from school by the old lady on her C90. She didnt even have a propper jacket or any Ramones patches.

next up was a grey import i got from BAT Motorcyles.

Honda VF400F.jpg

a strange bike.... it had a rev limiter which would basically cut the power normally mid overtake with a car coming head on. Such fun. was astep of from a moped though... and i loved it depsite it being pretty awful.

other brief candidates were a borrowed TZR125, an RGV250 that I had on loan for about a month... man that was fun !!... an RD350 that I blew up twice...

borrowed an FZR 750 which was pretty good as it goes...

Then I got a ZX-9R which my brother sold me. The original B model. It was MAD... it was fast as hell, and had a terrible front end that was hell bent on high-siding you.

Hugely exciting, often scarey... it really was a beast. Classic Kawasaki really... "get a massive engine and put it in... I dunno... anything... pipe cleaners instead of forks?... yeah... that will do". My my isn't it fast kids !

I loved it !

I crashed it too and lived to tell the tale. Rebuilt it and rode it for another 3 years or so before some toe-rag stole it in the night. No more heart attack inducing high-side gambling for me !

here she is:

Elaine.jpg

I then heard about a ZX-7R with 3,000 miles on it going for 3 grand. I didnt really want it being a pretty big step down in power but took it for a test ride anyway...

It felt underpowered (compared to the 9R !!) on the straights... and then I found some tiwsty roads and totally fell in love. Just WOW !

Planted. No scares from the front end... just brilliant really.

I've had the 7R ever since. Changed the gearing to trade a bit of top speed for a bit of GET OFF THE LIGHTS ! Mostly standard other than that.

this a a few years back now ! I've cut my hair since then.

7r.jpg

I did think about a Triumph 675 Daytona for a bit.... it's the only bike that has really made me sit up and look... but i cangt really afford one and I'm still dippy about the 7R.

this is me at the Goodwood Festival of Speed last summer playing by the rules.

looks like I set a trend !

7r2.jpg
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Jan-31-2018 at 13:10.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

Had a few . Started with a KZ 400 then a 750 Sabre ( favourite) and finally a 600 Katana. Want to get a BMW R1200R but the wife keeps talking about food on the table and all that nonsense!!!
    Last edited by Ohms; Jan-31-2018 at 17:10.

7. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_SKUD View Post
    So, it seems we have scooter enthusiasts so I thought I start this thread off with a couple of my babies

DCP_0002.JPG
    Now thats a pretty precious pair right there and the 1975 Mk8's. Good old twinshocks

What sort of condition did you get those things in and did you restore them yourself? And the expansion pipe on the 370?
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

9. Likes ATAG_SKUD, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
    Now thats a pretty precious pair right there and the 1975 Mk8's. Good old twinshocks

What sort of condition did you get those things in and did you restore them yourself? And the expansion pipe on the 370?
    Hi Vlerkies
    The 1975 (red/yellow bikes) are not restored. One has 1050 miles on the odo and the other has just 345 mi. They both have their original Pirelli tires and the one with 345 mi on the clock still has the nibs on them. Both have nice original chrome fenders. The blue 1978 Mk11s I restored. The 370 in the pair has an aftermarket pipe, but I do have an original pipe in good shape and will swap it someday. The Mk11's were both in well ridden condition when I got them and took a lot of part hunting to get them back to reasonable original. I also have 6 Pursangs to restore. One is a match to the first Bul I got as a kid (see picture above) and in very good shape -only 35 bikes separate this one from the one I had as a kid in serial numbers. Probably came over in the same shipment. I'm kinda obsessed with them. I guess that's why we've always been called "Bul Freaks".
    Here's one (not mine) winning the 2015 Quails Gathering
    1975-Bultaco-Frontera-250--590x393.jpg

Skud
    Last edited by ATAG_SKUD; Feb-02-2018 at 20:13.
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

My first bike

'98 GSXR 750, bought in 2004

And for the past 11 (almost 12) years, this is my weapon of choice
    '06 GSXR 750

Both are daily drivers (almost 55K on the odo of the '06), I'm the only one that arrives at work everyday with a smile on my face (which fades the moment I turn off the ignition )
    Last edited by Nightdare; Feb-03-2018 at 08:46.
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdare View Post
    My first bike

'06 GSXR 750

Both are daily drivers (almost 55K on the odo of the '06), I'm the only one that arrives at work everyday with a smile on my face (which fades the moment I turn off the ignition )
    Awww the SRAD !

man...

I hated the tail on that when it came out... now though... man...

I'm a sucker for 90's sports bikes.

I was blind !!!

Still have my 7R and i'm way happy still... the SRAD was a beauty though

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

13. Likes ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Awww the SRAD !

man...

I hated the tail on that when it came out... now though... man...

I'm a sucker for 90's sports bikes.

I was blind !!!

Still have my 7R and i'm way happy still... the SRAD was a beauty though
    I LOVED that tail
    No really, that thing was like a top case, I was always riding around with these things in it
    -Lunchbox
    -Chain grease spray can (a big one)
    -Disc lock
    -tirepressure gauge

-"Whoo, it's pretty warm this afternoon" *goes ahead and crams his vest in it as well

It's actually quite insulting that even my k6 also has more stowage capability than most naked/touring bikes
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.65 MB

Gixxer's are just the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightdare View Post
    My first bike

'06 GSXR 750

16. Likes ATAG_SKUD, SIA_Sp00k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_yotheguy View Post
    Gixxer's are just the best.
    And now we know where that awesome Doberman pup of yours gets its name from
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_SKUD View Post
    Hi Vlerkies
    The 1975 (red/yellow bikes) are not restored. One has 1050 miles on the odo and the other has just 345 mi. They both have their original Pirelli tires and the one with 345 mi on the clock still has the nibs on them. Both have nice original chrome fenders. The blue 1978 Mk11s I restored. The 370 in the pair has an aftermarket pipe, but I do have an original pipe in good shape and will swap it someday. The Mk11's were both in well ridden condition when I got them and took a lot of part hunting to get them back to reasonable original. I also have 6 Pursangs to restore. One is a match to the first Bul I got as a kid (see picture above) and in very good shape -only 35 bikes separate this one from the one I had as a kid in serial numbers. Probably came over in the same shipment. I'm kinda obsessed with them. I guess that's why we've always been called "Bul Freaks".
    Here's one (not mine) winning the 2015 Quails Gathering
    1975-Bultaco-Frontera-250--590x393.jpg

Skud
    Good man Skud!

You have a wonderful collection there and with the associated serial number and sentimental history, priceless to you no doubt.
    We also have a pretty strong VMX (vintage moto-x for you uninlightened beings ) here in South Africa. Always great to go out and see the bikes, some of them immaculately restored and ridden and raced on the day. Havent seen many Bultaocs to be honest this side of the pond.
    Apart from the std jap bikes Maico was a really big name, if you could hang on to them long enough past the holeshot or first corner.

Thanks for sharing your bikes.

19. Likes ATAG_SKUD, Silent135, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    317.68 MB

My two last bikes : Moto Guzzi California 1100 ie 1996, Hd Flhtk 103 2010. I must say I have always had twin engines or mono since 1970.

regards to all of you bikers.

Motos_5b.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_JL View Post
    My two last bikes : Moto Guzzi California 1100 ie 1996, Hd Flhtk 103 2010. I must say I have always had twin engines or mono since 1970.

Motos_5b.jpg
    Im a full on sport bike guy.. but

always loved the look of Guzzis

beautiful !.. just need a bit of Cafe Racer work... chop chop... remove... replace...

perfect !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

22. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Motos_5b.jpg
    My one customer has about 9 Guzzi's, not sure of the models but they are all vintage and tip top condition. He is a pretty senior person in a big orginasation and his whole office is full of Guzzi pictures on the wall

Gateway to Downeast Maine (New England) USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.43 GB

Motos_5b.jpg
    The Guzzi founders came out of World War I aviation as did BMW. My first one was a 1974 850T and last one 2006 Breva 750.

2018-02-03_16-32-32.png
    Last edited by DOWNEAST; Feb-03-2018 at 16:36.
    ASUS GB20CB Intel I-7 w/Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, ASUS Swift PG279Q (3), VKB GF/KG12, CH Pro throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder, EDtracker Pro

[SIZE=1]"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" -S. Holmes-

25. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, ATAG_SKUD liked this post