Rainy days suck.... lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Re: Show Us Your Bike(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_yotheguy View Post
    Rainy days suck.... lol
    DAMMIT,... you beat me to it!

I WANT ONE! (though preferably not Italian, they break down too much )

If I found this earlier I could have used my K6 as a donor for it
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Took the 7R for a spin at the weekend.

been sat a while.... so drained the float bowls... did the normal pre ride stuff..

Slightly weeping fork seal... no biggie...

Man... she is running fluffy as hell though...

normally she will clear on a hard 20 mile blatt...

not this time though... really really rough.... very hard to ride in traffic... constantly fighting at low rpm just to keep her running... great at 70+

So... time for another full carb strip and rebuild... drain the tank and clean.

The early 90's 4 carb Kawasakis's are pretty much all that way as far as I can tell... the 9R B models, the whole series of 7Rs (which are all the same anyway P1-P8 other than the paint jobs)... never worked on a 90's 6R so no idea there... but imagine its the same story on the non injected variants.

These are truely Brilliant when set up... but yeah... massive headache compared to fuel injection if you leave them sitting at all.

If it wasnt for the love... and man she still handles like shes on rails.... I'd have thrown in the towel for a Triumph Daytona 675R

but.... fell I in love in 2003.... and nothing has changed there...

She is off the road for a bit though

and I'm not going to bother doing it myself either. She is going to my race mechanic pal in Tonbridge.

Best bike mechanic I ever met. By a long long way. !

meh... !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

5. Likes ATAG_Snapper, DRock, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I ride a Hog. Are there any bike sims that incorporate an easy chair, beer, and potato chips? Oh, and hot chicks that dig pot-bellied biker-types?

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    I ride a Hog. Are there any bike sims that incorporate an easy chair, beer, and potato chips? Oh, and hot chicks that dig pot-bellied biker-types?

Yep... but you need a real bike to play that sim...

I play it every time I go out.

Haven't managed to level up enough for the Hot Chicks... but.. I have the rest down pretty well towards the evening... as should be the case after all the time I've put in

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

8. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Oh, and hot chicks that dig pot-bellied biker-types?

In almost 15 years of riding, I haven't even found one that digs 40 year olds that are built like 18 year olds

Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

10. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdare View Post

In almost 15 years of riding, I haven't even found one that digs 40 year olds that are built like 18 year olds

Haha!

I'm 28 years in on this.... and so far I have met only 3 women who thought bikes rocked.....

When i was 16 I naively assumed all girls thought bikes were the pinnacle of cool.

I got loads of other stuff about them wrong too and still do..... so at least I'm consistent.

As far as the age thing... I'm built like a 7 year old...mentally.

Also doesn't seem to really impress.... but I know who is having all the fun! So.... yey!!!
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Apr-25-2019 at 14:23.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

12. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Nightdare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

My SRAD lost it's passenger pegs the day I got a Leovinci highmount full system
    My old beastie lost them only few weeks in my possession, it helped it had the very VERY short exhaust that didn't need a hanger
    and only got them back twice in those years to give someone a ride (both not female I might add)
    When the next paycheck arrives, I'll be removing them from my K5 as well

I bought this bike for me, not for anyone else's pleasure

Been working on the Empress past friday
    Installed a PCIII, plugged off the PAIR system (thick bolt in a hose - Done!) and installed some Titax parts
    Already had the Rizoma grips and bar weights, and the Barracuda mirrors from my K6 installed a week earlier

Up next are an exhaust hanger, double bubble windscreen, better filter (unless the filter I found in the box already was a K&N, need to check), a custom tune for the Power Commander, aftermarket rearsets and maybe a custom seatcover

Of course I'd also like a set of PVM 10-spoke rims, but those are way out of my budget (and have been on my want-list AND out of my budget since I owned the SRAD )
    Je Maintiendrai

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I'm off to Tonbridge tomorrow to leave the 7r with my race mechanic pal.

Taking a friend along on her SV650.

Then i ride us back... (like I'm ever going to make a happy pillion?!)

The SV is a fun bike. No power to speak off but not slow.... terrible brake and suspension... but stops fine and goes well round corners....

Its a bike that makes pretty much no sence. I genuinely really like it!

Still toying with the idea of retiring the 7r and getting a post 2013 675 Daytona.

Difficult decision.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    The SV is a fun bike. No power to speak off but not slow.... terrible brake and suspension... but stops fine and goes well round corners....

Buddy of mine borrowed the Gladius (same engine) from his old instructor, there haven't been many bikes I could pull away from that quickly (including a buddy's 750 cc Virago)
    And trust me, my buddy was wringing out everything it had

Still toying with the idea of retiring the 7r and getting a post 2013 675 Daytona.

Difficult decision.
    If it doesn't really bump the financial power towards that 675, and it's still in good condition, I'd keep it

...on another note, are you so sure you want less cc's? I don't think I'd ever want a lower displacement, high rev screamer after my current bike, torque is mighty addicting
    Je Maintiendrai

16. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Buddy of mine borrowed the Gladius (same engine) from his old instructor, there haven't been many bikes I could pull away from that quickly (including a buddy's 750 cc Virago)

If it doesn't really bump the financial power towards that 675, and it's still in good condition, I'd keep it

...on another note, are you so sure you want less cc's? I don't think I'd ever want a lower displacement, high rev screamer after my current bike, torque is mighty addicting

Its currently being stripped by a friend of mine. Race mechanic.

and racer. Though obvioulsy not on 750's as he isnt living in the late 80's or mid 90's anymore !

Ahhhhh yeah! the SV650...

its a weird one... the front end is Soooooo soft its a bit scary...

But.. back to the 7R

675 against '98 ZX-7R...?

Irrespective of cc the 675 Daytona has the 7 absolutely hands down beat on stats written on paper, on weight... and in real. Uttrerly beaten. And I'm a MASSIVE 7R fan !

The 7 is a very high reving bike too.. low down torque is not something these bike have in abundance ... not like say a Z1000. Those have tonnes of low down torque.

The 7 needs to be ridden in race mode... red lining it. You really can't roll on the throttle on a 7R... Not on the track or the road. You have to be right on it all the time if you are looking to be fast.

Anyhoooo.

7R still rocks like a trooper none the less

I've played swapsies on many occasions

Even the GSXR's from the same era had it on the ropes... except round the track. The 7 I could throw into corners faster... couldnt really out brake gixers... but defintely was way less twitchy in the corners...

and I always prefered the 7 anyway... Looked way better, feedback is still amazing... balance impeccable

Even now she still rides way way way better than everything else I’ve ridden. (balance wise.)

the 7 still feels like its on rails... heavy as it is !

but power?

if you ring it out of her and never mess it up.... maybe...

but you'd have to be very amazing

Love this bike...

Pretty sure I would be faster on a 675.

maybe not as happy though!!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

yeah !!

I was 2 up after dropping my bike off...

brought myslef and my friend Angi home on her SV.

man...

SLOWWWWWWWWWWW

and i'm out of practice on V twins too...

was like riding a pogo stick in the corners !

an underpowered overloaded pogo stick with a horrifically soft front end and just AHHHHHHH!!!!!!]

Still... we lived to tell the tale... EVENTUALLY... Man that thing is slow !!

Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Apr-30-2019 at 20:07.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

19. Likes Nightdare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

21. Likes ATAG_Freya, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

I rather have something I can fire while on the move

Still looking for a cheap set of AH-64 Apache wingstubs with a few Hellfire missiles slapped under them to bolt onto the bike
    That'd teach those BMW drivers to use their turnsignals!
    Je Maintiendrai

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Well, been busy (actually, most mods have been done at the end of a workday within an hour)

Installed a Smoke taillight, smoke rear blinkers, got an exhaust hanger, put some grip pads on the tank,
    and that windscreen had to go, for 1: it was too dark and 2: I prefer a double bubble by a long shot, if not for the lesser turbulence, then for the fewer bugs fouling up my visor

So now I'm waiting on my custom seatpad, my chain tensioners and my custom tank pad
    I ordered the custom tankpad domestic at first,
    ...but these morons are producing them in a sawmill, in the dark, by blind people, that don't know what they are doing
    After 5 deliveries, where the first 2 were just plain stickers, instead of domed with epoxy
    They ALL had pollution/dirt in/on them, some had an uneven epoxy layer, spots on the image, one a misaligned image, one where the resolution was reduced to 25% (think Pac-Man pixels)
    I absolutely had it with them, so there's now one underway from the US

Not all good news though, the low mileage did have some repercussions on the front fork, it moves a bit stiff, so my bike doesn't compress evenly between front and back,
    which makes it kind of buck on successive short humps and bumps, so I have to bring it in for service
    It's most probably a case of new oil and seals, but I might just replace the springs (rear shock as well) with a set more matched to my weight, since I'm not the heaviest guy this suspension is set up for (I'm 66kg, OEM is in around 80kg)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Je Maintiendrai

24. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Pic update time

Now I need to refurb the suspension, get a custom tune and a pair of rearsets and I'm (as good as ) done
    Je Maintiendrai

26. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, ATAG_Snapper, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Now I need to refurb the suspension, get a custom tune and a pair of rearsets and I'm (as good as ) done
    Ohlins rear shock, can be had reasonably cheap second hand and re-vavaled for very little.

For the front end on that just get progressive springs...

WP are good, Hyperpro are good...

I'm running hyperpro progressives in the 7R... specified then for my dreamy 70kg weight... which is now more like 78kg...

handles like a dream on rails... a dream which is itself dreaming about trains.

Fast ones mind.... that run on time.

(and actually get there way too early)

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

A second hand Öhlins TTX can get me (at least a very long way towards) my bike refurbished front and back with springs set up for my weight

And since I'm just 45 minutes away from HyperPro Netherlands, I'll probably give them a call in the near future

-Side note, since Hyperpro does more than just suspension: it never ceases to amaze me how expensive a steeringdamper is in comparison
    Je Maintiendrai

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.65 MB

A classic lap from MotoGP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

0613 Awaiting the Sun.jpg

Catseye . . . . at rest!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had,
    but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
    - Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Catseye View Post
    0613 Awaiting the Sun.jpg

Catseye . . . . at rest!
    Nice!

And you live in Vernon?

So you must know all about West Side Road.

This was my 08 on one of the look outs.

32. Likes Nightdare, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Triumph Moto2 765 development bike

The current stock MotoGP 2 engine, the Triumph 765 triple.

Just sit back an listen in awe to the symphony.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

Gateway to Downeast Maine (New England) USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.43 GB

Re: Triumph Moto2 765 development bike

[QUOTE=Vlerkies;336983]The current stock MotoGP 2 engine, the Triumph 765 triple.

Just sit back an listen in awe to the symphony.

Old School, never Dyno tested!

Ariel Close.jpg

Just listen to the ((((put, Put Put)))
    ASUS GB20CB Intel I-7 w/Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, ASUS Swift PG279Q (3), VKB GF/KG12, CH Pro throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder, EDtracker Pro

[SIZE=1]"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" -S. Holmes-

35. Likes Vlerkies, Nightdare, ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Last weekend in Brno, Moto 2

37. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

MotoGP again

Best mug job of the year with Alex Rins getting Marc Marquez by a ball hair on the last corner by 0.013s.
    He set it up the lap before by going wide and round the outside. That Suzuki can seem to hold a corner better than anything else this year.

Then on the last lap he feigned the outside and cut in.Epic.
    An assortment of clips but Rins/Marquez (2019) at the start where you can see him pushing on the outside.

What makes it even more sweet is Marquez was mugged the same way by Dovi the week before in Austria by +0.213s

39. Likes ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

So 3 weeks ago found my front brake pads almost gone, replaced those for a set of SBS HS806 street pads
    the feisty bugger is throwing out an anchor when i brake now

Next, I got this in just a week before the Netherlands went into (soft) lockdown
    Already had Hyperpro progressive front springs installed last summer, decided I was gonna install a rear spring (hopefully) myself
    If I had known, I'd waited until I had more spare time than knowing what to do with it

I needed 2 things I didn't have lying around normally: A hook wrench, and the ability to lift the tail up

The first was easy,
    The second as well, since I work in logistics

First thing I did though, was shorten the length of the new spring, using the weight of the truck to compress it, tied 2 bands around, so I wouldn't be fighting it trying to get it installed on the shock
    18.5cm would have to do it

I could have used a jack between the tire and the tail to take the load off the shock but the pictured setup worked just as well
    Just to make things easy on myself, I tied my stand to the swingarm to make sure I wouldn't be screwing around getting it back in place after I started lifting
    Using 2 mounts under the rearsets, which would negate a tail lift wouldn't be the best thing, since those would be in the way of the bolts in the linkage

The most time was spent on getting the bolts of the bottom link system loose, being in place for 15 years, some penetrating oil, then a few minutes with a cup of coffee and a fag, a hammer and clamp fixed that issue

So with the shock loose, I cleaned it up and headed for the vice

This was the easiest part, took the hook wrench, took the tension off the spring, took off the cup that held the spring in place, took off the spring, put on the new one
    (that 18.5cm was just enough to get the cup back on without problems) tightened the castlenuts to the spring, cut the bands keeping it tensioned prior to mounting and it was ready to get installed again

aaaand she's done:

Back in was a lot easier than getting out, took the trouble to lube the beejesus out of the hingepoints while I was at it

Went to the Hyperpro service center the next day to get it set up properly (I tightened it to the same length as it was when I took the spring out: 18cm, which ended up a little bit too soft)

So, now with that out of the way, I got a new (2nd hand) rear master brake cylinder coming in, since I'm able to push the brake lever to the stop but hardly having any braking power, it did it great before, the reservoir is topped off
    so it's not an issue with air or leakage
    Last edited by Nightdare; Mar-28-2020 at 22:14.
    Je Maintiendrai

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Deposit paid, will have it before month end. Super excited.
    2020-KTM-790-Adventure-R1b.jpg

42. Likes Nightdare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
    Deposit paid, will have it before month end. Super excited.
    2020-KTM-790-Adventure-R1b.jpg

Congrats!

Personally am enamored by the old school DR Big looks of the new Suzuki Vstrom
    If I had the money for a second bike, it would be in my possession already

suzuki-v-strom-1050-xt.jpg
    Je Maintiendrai

44. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I'm full on race bike myself.

But.....

Say in portugal on holiday... hell.. even a Dt 125 can be a hoot. Triumph Tiger was... ok..... DR Big was huge fun... can't be many left now.

Trials bikes are great for those climates and terrain..... and oily roads when it eventually rains a millimeter ...

Man....

Had a fair few scares over the years on greasey tarmac.

And a whole load of cool stories!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

46. Likes Nightdare, Vlerkies, ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

I have this super silly grin on my face that just wont go away.

Y1iSlKD.jpg

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast