Thread: Why are the servers empty?

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Re: Why are the servers empty?

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    See my post above.
    Yes you are rigth. This is the old Clod chart, not the Blitz. Of course it decreased rapidly when the Blitz came out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Regarding Lokos Post this should be the correct one?, starting from the day that il-2 cliffs of dover dropped because blitz was released.

Sin título.png

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.04 MB

I do not see these things necessary

http://steamcharts.com/app/754530

EDIT:the bank is in red numbers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Pienoir View Post
    I do not see these things necessary

http://steamcharts.com/app/754530
    I must disagree with you, you can not see singleplayer pilots because obviously they are not in any server.., so thats why you use these kind of charts, to see who is actually playing the game no matter if its multi or single.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.04 MB

I do not understand these Charts, I just bothered to look for them with a click, and from a first glance the numbers do not seem encouraging.
    Because obviously the previous one was from the old clod

But I do not think we should focus the debate on this thing.

I just think that this is not a ring

EDIT:this also only cost me one click

http://steamcharts.com/app/307960

REEDIT:
    note that many bos players do not depend on steam and therefore do not compute (I think most)
    Last edited by Pienoir; Feb-11-2018 at 14:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.04 MB

Here you can see the graph of the entire life of the product.
    It's the first time I see these graphics, I just click where you mark ALL

I will not comment

http://steamcharts.com/app/307960#All

http://steamcharts.com/app/754530#All

Edit:

It is not necessary to be an economist to know in what sense the lines go
    Last edited by Pienoir; Feb-11-2018 at 16:14.

8. Likes QB.Creep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    If you are repeatedly getting bounced from the airfield you take off from, select a different airfield.
    Yes I know, it was mainly a metaphor , but not untrue in many ways. The ability to spot airplanes among the active players are amazing, and not ment as a critique. More a point on how difficult it is to be a part of a gameplay in COD. This is why I am agreeing with Pienoir in his point.
    COD is extremely difficult to start a pilot career in, you need to be adopted into a group and taken care of in order to fully enjoy it. I am not sure if there is any easy way to do it "better" ( lack of a better word)
    For me that is in for a one hour COD expirience forgetting the radiators 50% of the time and often when I get someone to fly with. My own stupidity is mostly my problem with COD, unexpirienced COD pilots would feel on the same frustration.

I feel I can join in a battle for 1 hour in BOX series, but not in COD, to fully enjoy it 2 hours is needed and a bunch of great helpful people, the latter is not difficult to find.
    My point is to enlighten the new pilots problem not give critique a to the game
    Last edited by LuseKofte; Feb-11-2018 at 17:51.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Today when I joined ATAG there were 82 on server 1 and 67 I think on ACG and a few other servers here and there with players on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello All

I am not sure what people might have expected in terms of interest for a 6 year old simulation?

We made it clear when we promoted IL-2 CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ, (TF 4.5) it was not a completely new Sim, but a update and re-issue of an old game... same map, (with new seasons) some new aircraft as well as new graphics and improvements.

People who owned the original game got all those new features and aircraft for free... but we as a company and one in a contractural arrangement with 1C, cannot simply hand out unlimited free content. If what we provided without charge is not enough to keep people interested... we're sorry to disappoint them, but a business model based on free content is not sustainable.

At its most basic, the central reason we built TF 4.5 was as the foundation which will allow TF 5.0 to be created. TF 4.5 was an interim bonus... but not the be all or end all.

We are now working very hard on producing TF 5.0 with its dozens of new flyable aircraft and types and a new map, and we are sure it will provide an exciting and new experience which will attract a lot of interest.

In the meantime I hope those who are newly discovering CLIFFS OF DOVER, or those who are long time fans will continue to enjoy the new version... CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ.

Thanks to everyone for their interest in our work.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Feb-11-2018 at 19:29.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Hello All

I am not sure what people might have expected in terms of interest for a 6 year old simulation?

We made it clear when we promoted IL-2 CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ, (TF 4.5) it was not a completely new Sim, but a update and re-issue of an old game... same map, (with new seasons) some new aircraft as well as new graphics and improvements.

People who owned the original game got all those new features and aircraft for free... but we as a company and one in a contractural arrangement with 1C, cannot simply hand out unlimited free content. If what we provided without charge is not enough to keep people interested... we're sorry to disappoint them, but a business model based on free content is not sustainable.

At its most basic, the central reason we built TF 4.5 was as the foundation which will allow TF 5.0 to be created. TF 4.5 was an interim bonus... but not the be all or end all.

We are now working very hard on producing TF 5.0 with its dozens of new flyable aircraft and types and a new map, and we are sure it will provide an exciting and new experience which will attract a lot of interest.

In the meantime I hope those who are newly discovering CLIFFS OF DOVER, or those who are long time fans will continue to enjoy the new version... CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ.

Thanks to everyone for their interest in our work.
    Good to hear from the source what is really going on for the TF 5.0 release. From your wording, one must surmise that the TF 5.0 release will not be free, which is good news, actually. It means that TF will have a chance to fix things and make great improvements that this Sim deserves. Looking forward to it.

~Uranor

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.04 MB

Well, we are waiting ...................
    I'm sure we're all going to pay for Africa.
    The community is not characterized precisely by its understanding, unfairly I would say.

Just imagine that we would have paid for this update .....

I do not think it is necessary to add many more things

The balance seems to be that someone costs to be banned in the forum, and that there are two positions that face

Surely now they will have more things to think about before launching TF5.
    Personally I am grateful for what they have given us, but at the same time I feel that I can not enjoy it as it deserves

We will wait patiently again and we will be attentive to all the novelties. The fighter pilots (some more than others) end up working hard patience. In the air and on the ground.
    We want to fly online with many comrades and TF to earn money for their work

I do not know if you are not curious how uncompromising people can be even without seeing their faces

You can count on my money, Team Fusion, but listen to the whole community.

Greetings, gentlemen, see you in the air
    For me the thread is finished

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    Today when I joined ATAG there were 82 on server 1 and 67 I think on ACG and a few other servers here and there with players on them.
    When I look it looks the same, so I do not agree the server is empty. Main problem is there is only one almost full server, I wish forcod to multiply that

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.04 MB

I allowed myself to hang this thread in the forum of 1c .......

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34140-message-1c/

I wish not to bother any person

peace

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LuseKofte View Post
    unexpirienced COD pilots would feel on the same frustration.
    Well all people on the ATAG server have black belt, this is true. Some of them have one dan some of them have ten (I practiced karate in my young days centuries ago ). They all masters (senseis ) and they worked for it. But this was similar in the old Il-2 too. We practiced hard for three-four mounth to achive our first victory in an online war (WEF2). And we were proud of it.

The BOX series and DCS is not an alternative for me. I have 2-3 free evenings per week to play, and I play CloD.

17. Likes Kling, ATAG_Ribbs, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Well all people on the ATAG server have black belt, this is true.
    Not all , only those I meet. Way better than me for sure.
    Anyway Pienoir have chosen to spread his bollox all over the internet.

My take on this is a eaier entrance for new pilots. But he blame TFS for not making a server and missions that suit him. In my point of view he have degraded himself to a whining troll and I really do not want to be a part of that.

Looking at BOS site there is a few earlier COD flyers making a point out of that, I always get a bit confused regarding the feelings attatched to flight sims. And the way everything turn into a war. And this time because no one have made a server with icons and gps

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

This thread has run its course. Thanks to everyone for contributing.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

20. Likes =FI=Murph liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123