Thread: Bat

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Bat

BAT is a god mode and most of it works online
    we at jfc are havng great fun with it
    that lot over at SAS tried to s hoot the theory of it working online down but ,,proven thats wrong it works just fine save for a few elements
    our server does not crash at any rate and we fly for 8 hours of a sunday non stop

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.04 MB

Re: Bat

Can you explain this a bit more?

Thank you

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Pienoir View Post
    Can you explain this a bit more?

Thank you
    aye mate
    they made this mod for offline only apparently and got quite irate when i mentioned it works online
    didnt even bother to read my post properly over there BUT suffice to say BAT is a good mod covers dawn of flight right through to today
    BUT as with all mods there is compatability issues with online play , well us at JFC have been testing it and actually it does work online BUT there are some bits that dont and will cause issues if you odnt ow what bits to avoid using in the missions but to say it does not work online at all is utterly false
    we have had no server crashes to date
    but issues we found are a coupe of planes dont appear with weapons
    and three models hang in the air if broken so we just leave those out of our missions so its no biggie
    we flying jet wars at moment everything from the early 50s through to today and all but a few of the jets work just fine,
    the air to air missiles all work nicely
    as do most of the AGM's the 65D will lock up the users game so we dont use it the 65E doesnt lock on to anything but fires straight
    the 65B locks on to bridges and ground units the 84 locks on to ships

in bat mod moving carriers dont work as home bases any more but again its no major issue we just use static carriers for the job

we still testing the ww2 kit to see what works there in online mode or multiplayer mode should i say

come fly with us if you have bat or pm me for the links if you want it

4. Likes Pienoir liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

B.A.T. Battlefield Airborne Tactical

It's something of a every-mod-put-together-and-made-further-moddable-too collection for good old 1946. Basically the dream-team of the big mod packs combined. It was formerly known as C.U.P. (Community Upgrade Project) - but it has since merged with the SAS engine upgrade as well, and rebuilt into a 50gb+ glorious heap of awesomeness.

This includes everything in the way of maps, textures and aircraft. Planes range from rickety canvas string-bags to guided missiles and afterburners, with everything in between included.

The best part about it, for me at least, is how much more easily it is moddable even further after installation. That means you can have your cake and eat it too, though that may actually cause it to not work online very well. (haven't tried it, so can't say)

I highly recommend downloading it via torrent. That way, it's just a single large download. (plus the 5 expansions) Else, each of these makes for quite a lot of little parts to take in by standard FTP.

Note that it must be installed over a 4.12 build, so if you got a newer version (like the GOG release) you'll have to get the "rollback kit" which is also available on the SAS forums. It works very well if you follow the instructions precisely. Then installing B.A.T. and its expansions is easily done by way of the provided installers.

If you have already pulled off the CloD installation sequence prior to the new all-included steam version, you should find it quite straightforward.

I recently decided to bite that bullet and install it myself, and I've been having quite a time with it. Every theatre of WW2 (including what-if scenarios) is featured. Sure, the graphics are one generation on the aged side, but nothing can beat the sheer mass of stuff you'll find in this game.
    Rule of thumb: Every '109 has a wingman...

6. Likes Bucksnort liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

well we fly it online any and all are free to come join us we fly sundays from about 10 am uk local time through to about 17:00 hrs and it is an excellent mod probably the best ive seen so far at any rate it was designed for offline but we know what works and does not work online so we know what to avoid putting inthe missions and to be fair there is not a great deal that does not work online

modern or ww2
    pm me for teamsepak and server data if interested

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Moach View Post
    B.A.T. Battlefield Airborne Tactical

It's something of a every-mod-put-together-and-made-further-moddable-too collection for good old 1946. Basically the dream-team of the big mod packs combined. It was formerly known as C.U.P. (Community Upgrade Project) - but it has since merged with the SAS engine upgrade as well, and rebuilt into a 50gb+ glorious heap of awesomeness.

This includes everything in the way of maps, textures and aircraft. Planes range from rickety canvas string-bags to guided missiles and afterburners, with everything in between included.

The best part about it, for me at least, is how much more easily it is moddable even further after installation. That means you can have your cake and eat it too, though that may actually cause it to not work online very well. (haven't tried it, so can't say)

I highly recommend downloading it via torrent. That way, it's just a single large download. (plus the 5 expansions) Else, each of these makes for quite a lot of little parts to take in by standard FTP.

Note that it must be installed over a 4.12 build, so if you got a newer version (like the GOG release) you'll have to get the "rollback kit" which is also available on the SAS forums. It works very well if you follow the instructions precisely. Then installing B.A.T. and its expansions is easily done by way of the provided installers.

If you have already pulled off the CloD installation sequence prior to the new all-included steam version, you should find it quite straightforward.

I recently decided to bite that bullet and install it myself, and I've been having quite a time with it. Every theatre of WW2 (including what-if scenarios) is featured. Sure, the graphics are one generation on the aged side, but nothing can beat the sheer mass of stuff you'll find in this game.
    Spent yesterday downloading and installing it and the expansions (and vast skin packs). It is truly incredible!
    Cheers MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

9. Likes vik shloss, Bucksnort liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Spent yesterday downloading and installing it and the expansions (and vast skin packs). It is truly incredible!
    Cheers MP
    email e if you wana fly some online campaign missions with us mate

11. Likes Mysticpuma, Hunter1 liked this post