Thread: Did the lights go out in 4.5?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Did the lights go out in 4.5?

Hello TF,
    Thanks fo the great update. I have been trying out night flying and noticed the city and house lights are gone. This was a very nice feature in earlier versions and they also helped you to stay oriented. The searchlights are great. Flak effects at night are great. There are a couple of things that would make night flying even better:
    1. a Tab-X-X to activate runway lights at nearby field
    2. Landing Lights on aircraft
    3. Nav Lights on aircraft (but please not the giant UFOs that BoS has)
    4. Secondary lighting dimmer that works on 110 at least, instruments are still too bright
    5 Primary Nav frequency doesn't work (secondary does) and working VOR(or the WW2 equivalent)
    6. Bring back terrestrial lights

Thanks

Skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

2. Likes ATAG_Soldat, GERMANWOLF, ahab71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Re: Did the lights go out in 4.5?

You can't really fault blackouts in times of war
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

I just noticed stars and night sky are gone too. CoD used to have a beautiful night sky with all the constellations in the right position and relative size/brightness of stars were correct. You could actually find Polaris and navigate by it. They really put some work in it. I hope TFS can resurrect it.
    I realize that adding aircraft etc is more exciting but little details like these are why we all love CoD and stuck with it. Don't underestimate the value these things bring to immersion or the value of immersion in itself. I realize these take work and you guys need to be very judicious on how you allocate that work. Thanks

Skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Night time issues are in the workshop right now, and on that list is getting the stars to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_SKUD View Post
    1. a Tab-X-X to activate runway lights at nearby field
    2. Landing Lights on aircraft
    3. Nav Lights on aircraft (but please not the giant UFOs that BoS has)
    4. Secondary lighting dimmer that works on 110 at least, instruments are still too bright
    5 Primary Nav frequency doesn't work (secondary does) and working VOR(or the WW2 equivalent)
    6. Bring back terrestrial lights
    Skud
    1. I have implemented this in my Night Intercept mission, check it out.

2. Yes please! Even with the runway lights it's hard to land at night. Also some airstrips wouldn't have had lights.

4. I put in Feature Request #1033 (quoted below) to cover this.

5. I put in Feature Request #1035 (quoted below, accidently catagorized as a Bug by me) to cover this.

If you want to fly the 110 at night please upvote these requests.

#1033 - Bf 110 C-4NJG: cockpit lighting

The cockpit of this nightfighter has many undimmable lights blazing away and making it hard to see targets at night. I think the primary lighting comes from the two circular fixtures at the top of the instrument panel. That seems to work properly but it's impossible to tell for sure because of the high light level in the cockpit.

Aside from the primary lights the following undimmable lights are visible.

- The cannon (2) and machine gun (4) ammo lights.

- The gear up lights (2).

- The #1 fuel cock indicator lights (only one of two illuminated at any one time).

- The artificial horizon (very bright).

- The low fuel indicators (up to 4).

How about just wiring these to the secondary cockpit illumination control which doesn't seem to be used for anything now.

This would also cover the essential functionality in feature request #931 without needing separate switches for all these light sources.

#1035 - Bf 110: AFN1 device functionality

This aircraft was equipped with this gear and you can even see the compass in the radio operator's position on the starboard side. It would be nice to be able to use it.

I propose that the pilot be able to tune the AFN1 to the frequency of his choice and that this simulates requesting a bearing from the radio operator. After a change in AFN1 frequency the crew can call out, "Getting bearing for 314", "Signal at 314 bearing one seven five" or "No signal at 314". This same mechanism could also be applied to other aircraft with the appropriate gear and crew like the BR 20M.

7. Likes ATAG_SKUD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar View Post

This aircraft was equipped with this gear and you can even see the compass in the radio operator's position on the starboard side. It would be nice to be able to use it.

I propose that the pilot be able to tune the AFN1 to the frequency of his choice and that this simulates requesting a bearing from the radio operator. After a change in AFN1 frequency the crew can call out, "Getting bearing for 314", "Signal at 314 bearing one seven five" or "No signal at 314". This same mechanism could also be applied to other aircraft with the appropriate gear and crew like the BR 20M.
    NDB signal is adjustable in FMB from 200 to 600 MHZ, by default is 300 MHZ.
    But as this is another unfinished CloD feature, in some planes you can select this frequency, but not in Bf 110. When I fiddly with this 7 years ago:

Br.20 - Instrument with vertical needle in upper/left side of instrument panel. Able to select Secondary Nav. Frequency (Blinding Landing).
    Ju-88 - P-S needle in Magnetic Compass and AFN-1 instrument. Able to select Secondary Nav. Frequency (Blinding Landing).
    He-111 - P-S needle in Magnetic Compass and AFN-1 instrument. Able to select Secondary Nav. Frequency (Blinding Landing).
    Ju-87 - AFN-2 instrument - Autopilot Course - Able to select Secondary Nav. Frequency (Blinding Landing).
    Bf-110C4/7 - AFN-2 instrument - Autopilot Course - Not able to select frequency - detect SBA signal if transmit at 300 MHZ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Night time issues are in the workshop right now, and on that list is getting the stars to work.
    Thanks Spiritus

Skud

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar View Post
    1. I have implemented this in my Night Intercept mission, check it out.

2. Yes please! Even with the runway lights it's hard to land at night. Also some airstrips wouldn't have had lights.

4. I put in Feature Request #1033 (quoted below) to cover this.

5. I put in Feature Request #1035 (quoted below, accidently catagorized as a Bug by me) to cover this.

If you want to fly the 110 at night please upvote these requests.

#1033 - Bf 110 C-4NJG: cockpit lighting

The cockpit of this nightfighter has many undimmable lights blazing away and making it hard to see targets at night. I think the primary lighting comes from the two circular fixtures at the top of the instrument panel. That seems to work properly but it's impossible to tell for sure because of the high light level in the cockpit.

Aside from the primary lights the following undimmable lights are visible.

- The cannon (2) and machine gun (4) ammo lights.

- The gear up lights (2).

- The #1 fuel cock indicator lights (only one of two illuminated at any one time).

- The artificial horizon (very bright).

- The low fuel indicators (up to 4).

How about just wiring these to the secondary cockpit illumination control which doesn't seem to be used for anything now.

This would also cover the essential functionality in feature request #931 without needing separate switches for all these light sources.

Well done Oskar
    I got night intercept statics to work by doing a little scanning through the script and fixing the folder name references.
    And it was your mission that prompted me to ask for runway lights request in the orders panel. That was a neat idea.
    Thanks again for a very cool mission
    Skud