Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft behavior after patche 4:53

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    396.17 MB

Angry Aircraft behavior after patche 4:53

Hi, so I was hoping that the new patch will fix certain things and mainly FPS. Unfortunately. I don't know, but after today's flight, I'm pissed. I don't know, but after your intervention patch 4.53 is a German plane, indestructible and in addition can self extinguish. Another thing, in a collision with a German plane, nothing happens to him and the spitfire falls to the ground. Another thing, a German plane BF, can't catch, unless I had a MIG21 . Another thing, a German plane BF, the climb is a world champion and even a space rocket wouldn't catch him. I would think about the game, to have a sense for other player because it is not, as for the gameplay for those who play for England fair play. Sorry for the bad English (translator)

2. Dislikes AKA_Blasto, Rostic disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Aircraft behavior after patche 4:53

Are you on TS? You'd do best to get on there and get help from fellow pilots. The blue side has issues too, believe me, it is not easy to take down Spots and Hurricanes.

Play to your strengths and use teamwork.
    Simming since '83. Private Pilot 1979 17-30A

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Last edited by AKA_Blasto; Feb-19-2018 at 12:42. Reason: Deleted post- unsolicited advice = mistake
    <a href=http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2895&dateline=1384197801 target=_blank>http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ine=1384197801</a>

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    396.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Blasto View Post
    I do not have a bad computer because I am using computer technology. Another thing, I personally do mods in racing simulators, so I understand that a bit. The next thing is, I've had a lot of simulators in those years to know what and how.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

See above
    Simming since '83. Private Pilot 1979 17-30A

7. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

nope, he's right for some reason no BF109 has a stall penalty, no drag penalty, and no high AoA attack Penalty. The damn plane acts as if it has no weight to it!
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    " He who never changes his mind, never changes anything,"
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

FM have not been changed in TF4.53 compared to 4.5!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    634.51 MB

Quote Originally Posted by CidJc View Post
    Hi, so I was hoping that the new patch will fix certain things and mainly FPS. Unfortunately. I don't know, but after today's flight, I'm pissed. I don't know, but after your intervention patch 4.53 is a German plane, indestructible and in addition can self extinguish. Another thing, in a collision with a German plane, nothing happens to him and the spitfire falls to the ground. Another thing, a German plane BF, can't catch, unless I had a MIG21 . Another thing, a German plane BF, the climb is a world champion and even a space rocket wouldn't catch him. I would think about the game, to have a sense for other player because it is not, as for the gameplay for those who play for England fair play. Sorry for the bad English (translator)
    Hi, why do not you fly Bf if they have so many advantages?
    First come ,last left
    My rig : Win 10 pro 64 bit; Mb Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO ,I5 11400F @4,2GHz,gc,GIGABYTE RTX 3070 TI 8 Gb,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 ,SSD Transcend 240 Gb, Gigabyte G32QC ,VKB Gladiator Pro,MMJOY2 home made pedals and gas , TrackIR 5. Steam ID: YR-DAN

11. Likes DerDa, DRock, CarlMarks, ATAG_kiwiflieger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by CidJc View Post
    I recommend you try the 109.

Good pilots will be capable of getting the most performance and handling out of their aircraft. I've seen many Spits out climb a 109.

Also, give the ATAG's Allied vs. Axis another chance. Recent changes have been made which may fix your FPS issue.

Cheers

13. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Below 14 000 the Spitfire is faster and can fight on very good terms with a 109. At around 14 000 the 109s start to close the gap(has to do with superchargers being set to different optimum heights)

There is an equal amount of blue pilots complaining about the Spitfire being too good. So I would say that it is pretty correct! Just like it was back in 1940.
    Last edited by Kling; Feb-19-2018 at 11:12.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.38 MB

Hi yesterday, I was flying with the Ia, and I have to give it Cidjc
    In a fight with Bf.109, when Bf hit the wing and the torso started to burn, it started to climb sharply, after about 10 seconds the fire was extinguished. In the duel he flew without limits, then the house ran out of the back I burst and he fought on. Perhaps they have better concrete in the plane?
    sorry for bad english (translators)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Regarding damage modelling... Last week a BF-109 collided with my Spitfire causing me to lose a wingtip, while he lost his entire wing and crashed. I admit that I was very surprised, but it shows that Blue doesn't win every collision!
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by No.310_Monty View Post
    Hi yesterday, I was flying with the Ia, and I have to give it Cidjc
    In a fight with Bf.109, when Bf hit the wing and the torso started to burn, it started to climb sharply, after about 10 seconds the fire was extinguished. In the duel he flew without limits, then the house ran out of the back I burst and he fought on. Perhaps they have better concrete in the plane?
    sorry for bad english (translators)
    Maybe it was the wing you hit and started burning. Wing fires go out after a few seconds. Happened to me a few days ago. I was jumped by a Spit, when I looked to the right my control surfaces were on fire, but the fires went out so I was able to disengage and head for home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    396.17 MB

Technical data BF109E-3 and Spitfire Ia. It's surprising that these two aircraft have almost the same climbing rate, but on the contrary, the spitfire is better.

https://books.google.cz/books?id=PQw...0udaje&f=false

kokoti.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Just my couple of pence, but collisions have been "interesting" in this game since I started playing. Even in 4.312 you'd get occasions where the slightest contact resulted in a cataclysmic explosion utterly destroying both aircraft. Other times you'd get a direct collision and one plane would just cut another in half like a hot knife through butter and carry on flying.

The 4.5 update I believe introduced increased damage modelling for subsystems and also fixed a couple of issues, like Spitfires being almost impervious burning. Nonetheless, the unusual collisions still happen from time to time and will of course continue be a feature in 4.53 and most likely any future versions. They're a fact of gaming and there will always be moments where the game has to suddenly process a complex collision and throw out a result that one party is unhappy about. This isn't something that, by my experience, favours one side or the other. Quite simply, its just one of those things.

Yes, it sucks, but what can you do about it? Move on, grab a new plane, take care to avoid another collision and better luck next time!
    Last edited by Pans; Feb-19-2018 at 17:56. Reason: Spelling

20. Likes 9./JG52_Meyer, ATAG_Ribbs, rontaila liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

While I most definitely do not agree to the critique on FMs of this aircraft or the other, the fires on the wings of 109s (I never saw it on other planes, but I did not shoot at others very often) that burn for a short while and then disappear without causing damage are not that uncommon.

I always understood it as a single incendiary or tracer round hitting and flaming a bit on an unimportant part of the wing because of my bad marksmanship. So I never had a problem with this.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Maybe I'm losing my marbles but I must admit I think the spit Ia (100) seems less nimble at low altitude than I remember before this patch. I tried going 260mph and turning quite hard by the time i'd turn around 180 degrees the thing has stalled completely. Another thing I have noticed it now seems a lot more difficult to keep the plane in a reasonably tight turn without stalling, possibly it also seems to take a while longer to build up speed in level flight than I remember. I thought that maybe the joystick sensitivity settings had changed since this update so I jumped in the IIa done the same tests and the sure enough that handles prefect, just as I remembered the Ia.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 gr00ve's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    259.12 MB

109 is king at altitude, spitfire isn't anymore. if you try to follow 109 in a climb above 4km alt, you will lose 9/10 times. On contrary, spitfire is king below 4 km, especially down on the deck, if 109 try to run from spit at deck he will lose 9/10 times.

some blue and red pilots used their brain and adapted to new circumstances, some players didn't, and as result, they blame everything but themselves. simple as that.

btw. fires goes out regularly on red fighters as well. from 15-20 reds i flamed since new patch, only TWO burnt all the way. rest got their fire out almost immediately. some of them continued fighting like nothing happened.
    "Karaya Eins"

My YouTube Channel
    "The secret of good teamwork is to work as a team" - 9./JG52 Mindle, 2019
    Warthog HOTAS - MFG Crosswind - Saitek Throttle Quadrant - TrackIR 5 - i7 4770K - Asrock Z87 Killer - Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming - Corsair 16 GB - Kingston SSD 120 GB - Samsung SSD 240GB - 3 TB storage - Razer Megalodon

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 gr00ve View Post
    109 is king at altitude, spitfire isn't anymore. if you try to follow 109 in a climb above 4km alt, you will lose 9/10 times. On contrary, spitfire is king below 4 km, especially down on the deck, if 109 try to run from spit at deck he will lose 9/10 times.

some blue and red pilots used their brain and adapted to new circumstances, some players didn't, and as result, they blame everything but themselves. simple as that.

btw. fires goes out regularly on red fighters as well. from 15-20 reds i flamed since new patch, only TWO burnt all the way. rest got their fire out almost immediately. some of them continued fighting like nothing happened.
    The short fires you see are fabric on ailerons, elevators and rudder set on fire by dewilde rounds. Fabric does not burn very long at high speed so that is why the fires die out so quickly!

25. Likes DerDa, 9./JG52_Meyer, MezzA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    The short fires you see are fabric on ailerons, elevators and rudder set on fire by dewilde rounds. Fabric does not burn very long at high speed so that is why the fires die out so quickly!
    Yes, control surface fires go out by themselves if you fly at speeds above ~400kmh. But what gr00ve means is that fuel tank fires go out almost immediately as well. I've seen and experienced it myself as well. Sometimes (not always) you shoot and hit an aircraft, set the fuel tank on fire (thick black smoke and fire plume) but like 1s later the fire goes out and the aircraft carries on flying. Not sure what happens there.

27. Likes 9./JG52_Meyer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    259.12 MB

no, fires im talking about are fuel tank explosion fire, both on spits and hurries. I probably have most of them recorded.
    I know about control surfaces fires, and on 109 when it goes out, maneuvering becomes much harder, which is modeled good. I hope it is same for red fighters.
    "Karaya Eins"

My YouTube Channel
    Warthog HOTAS - MFG Crosswind - Saitek Throttle Quadrant - TrackIR 5 - i7 4770K - Asrock Z87 Killer - Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming - Corsair 16 GB - Kingston SSD 120 GB - Samsung SSD 240GB - 3 TB storage - Razer Megalodon

29. Likes 9./JG52_Meyer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 gr00ve View Post
    no, fires im talking about are fuel tank explosion fire, both on spits and hurries. I probably have most of them recorded.
    I know about control surfaces fires, and on 109 when it goes out, maneuvering becomes much harder, which is modeled good. I hope it is same for red fighters.
    I can assure you it is the same for red side.
    Regarding the fuel tank fire. As the speed goes up the windspeed will kill the fire. It has been like that since day one (2011). However if the speed is low the fire will continue and kill the player. Same for all fires in game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

I highly doubt this is speed related. I have flamed fighters which were flying at near-stall speed and as said the fire went out after a second at the most. There's definitely a difference to 4.312.

32. Likes 9./JG52 gr00ve, 9./JG52_Meyer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    I highly doubt this is speed related. I have flamed fighters which were flying at near-stall speed and as said the fire went out after a second at the most. There's definitely a difference to 4.312.
    The only thing that has changed (as far as I have been notified) is the look of effects.
    Can you guys make a video of this pls?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

I can assure you it is the same for red side.
    Regarding the fuel tank fire. As the speed goes up the windspeed will kill the fire. It has been like that since day one (2011). However if the speed is low the fire will continue and kill the player. Same for all fires in game.
    I have witnessed a fuel tank fire going out due (apparently to speed) but only ever when the fire was on a wing tank of a bomber (ju88 etc) that dived (either at pilot input or because it is out of control) at very high speed. never seen that happen to a 109 though as far as i can recall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Theres a difference between control surface fire and wing fire.
    Control surface goes out by it self usually.
    But the wing fire is speed related, too bad that any plane flying slower than 500 km/h cannot put it out completely even after lots of time passing and the wing catches fully fire again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    259.12 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    definitely not speed related. one of hurries i hit was in a flat spin when his fuel tank exploded and fire went out immediately.
    "Karaya Eins"

My YouTube Channel

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

I dont think the fuel tank (or engine) fire is speed related in real life. In that case the jets never goes on fire. Only if they slow down.
    Speed and fire is a deadly mixture. In wind the fire burns much more stonger and it's temperature becomes more higher.

In the game there is a huge chance the wing fuel tank fire of a Hurri extinguishes and a Spit in flames is a miracle. :-D
    Last edited by 1/3_vszd_Tazar; Feb-20-2018 at 09:56.

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Pre patch it was possible to absolutely twat a Hurricane big time where he would go up in a massive fireball, very spectacular to see, 2/3 seconds later the flames would totally
    go out and he would be on his merry way as if nothing happened. Now i haven't seen it happen in these latest patches mainly cos i haven't managed to flame any Hurris so far.
    I am at the minute trying the Phosphor cannon round to see if that does the trick. But some people tell me its not worth a carrot so there you go

Hals und beinbruch
    Last edited by 9./JG52_Meyer; Feb-20-2018 at 11:22.
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

39. Likes BOO, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Ive learned many technical and historical terms from my friends in 9./JG52 but that thus far, is my favourite!
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast