Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bltiz tech support

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Re: Bltiz tech support

So what is happening now when you click on the launcher? Are u getting the same steam error message?
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    660.92 MB

This was mentioned before, but just to be sure. You do have NET 4.7.1. installed? https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/thank-you/net471

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.87 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    So what is happening now when you click on the launcher? Are u getting the same steam error message?
    I don't get the Ox5 error any more. Now when I click on play I get the preparing to launch for a few seconds, then the screen you get as the administrator asking if it is okay. I say yes then the preparing to launch message flashes again and iy says 'running' next to Blitz in the games list. I get the little Windows circle showing that something is going on then after a few second the running message and the circle are gone and nothing happens. Occasionally after the preparing to launch message closes a white message box flashes on the screen but it is so fast I can't read it. All I can see is that there is a red X in the top right corner of the red box.

I have rolled back the video card drivers, turned off everything I can see that is running and nothing works. It really seems odd to me that the first time I tried to run it in the safe mode it worked but not any more. I was gong to try and reset Windows but I can't because I don't have a Windows 10 disk since I downloaded it when it first came out as free. Another thing that I saw that I thought was odd was if I select Selective Start Up from the boot menu I get the message when it restarts asking me which Windows 7 I want. I am using Windows 10. When I select Normal Start Up I don't get that message. Either way, I don't see why that would affect the game start up.

I even went back an uninstalled everything that was installed since the end of December (the last time I played the game was mid-January) and that didn't help. I can't uninstall the windows updates because the just re-install and I don't know how to stop that.

The only other thing that has changed is that I am beta testing another Steam game but the beta test in the Blitz properties is turn off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Ok so how are you trying to launch the game? Though play on steam? Desk top launcher Icon? or using the Launcher Exe fine in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz? I would suggest the last option for now, right click and run as administrator. See what happens.

If that doesnt work. Look up your .Net version and update that if needed(advice from rel4y)
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Feb-24-2018 at 02:30.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.87 GB

Ok so how are you trying to launch the game? Though play on steam? Desk top launcher Icon? or using the Launcher Exe fine in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz? I would suggest the last option for now, right click and run as administrator. See what happens.

If that doesnt work. Look up your .Net version and update that if needed(advice from rel4y)
    I have tried all three ways of starting, from Steam, from Desktop and from the Steam Apps folder. The result is always the same.

I tried to install Net 4.7.1 but I get the message that it is already on here. When I look at the apps list in settings it doesn't show up. The highest one shown is 4.6.1. So, I don't think it is installed. I looked around on line to see how to resolve this but could not find anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

The link is 4 posts above you mate. Just click on the link, download it and install it to default.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.87 GB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    The link is 4 posts above you mate. Just click on the link, download it and install it to default.
    I have done that and every time it says it is already installed but it doesn't show up in the APPs list in Windows 10 settings. I can't figure out how to override that and make it install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

If u ever want to re-install your Windows 10 it is handy to know the product key.
    This small freeware utility will tell u what your product key is as well as your Microsoft Office key.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/produkey.html

Have u tried deleting your CloD installation and doing a clean install ? (u may want to save your controls.ini and your user.ini from the 1CSoftClub folder)

If all else fails, backup your files and re-install Win10. U can download Win10 64 bit and put it on a memory stick and use it to do a clean install. See here https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/soft...load/windows10

Just make sure u have your Windows 10 product key ready when u go to install.

I'll take your word for it that your Radeon 7750 ran CloD at a playable level but u may want to seriously consider an upgrade to an nVidia card (at least a GTX 760 or better).
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    660.92 MB

Id try a complete .NET reinstall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Quote Originally Posted by rel4y View Post
    Id try a complete .NET reinstall.
    Or a repair

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/down....aspx?id=30135
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Might be worth reading electragaurd:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...edistributable

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Can't remember if you did this, but I do remember you said you opted into a Beta in a different game. Make sure you opt OUT or disable the Betas in your overall Steam account, not just for CloD. See if that does anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.87 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Can't remember if you did this, but I do remember you said you opted into a Beta in a different game. Make sure you opt OUT or disable the Betas in your overall Steam account, not just for CloD. See if that does anything.
    I did try it by turning off the betas in Steam but it didn't help. I don't want to try it again just now as I am getting updates to the beta I am working on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.87 GB

Well, a little while ago I logged unto Steam and it took a while to install an update. After it finished I tried to run Blitz and guess what.......it ran. So, it seems to me that it was a Steam problem all along!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by electraguard View Post
    Well, a little while ago I logged unto Steam and it took a while to install an update. After it finished I tried to run Blitz and guess what.......it ran. So, it seems to me that it was a Steam problem all along!
    Glad to hear you have solved your problem... enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.87 GB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Glad to hear you have solved your problem... enjoy.
    Yesterday Blitz was updated on Steam and now it doesn't work again. The last time there was an update I had the same problem and tried all different kinds of stuff for days to no avail. Then, STEAM had an update of Steam and all of a sudden the game worked. Anyone have this same problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by electraguard View Post
    Yesterday Blitz was updated on Steam and now it doesn't work again. The last time there was an update I had the same problem and tried all different kinds of stuff for days to no avail. Then, STEAM had an update of Steam and all of a sudden the game worked. Anyone have this same problem?
    We all have the problem, it's a steam issue
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28550
    Newbie CloD 4.53 pilot, all advice welcome!

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.87 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
    We all have the problem, it's a steam issue
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28550
    Thanks. What was in the Blitz update?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

I think they added the Framework 4.7.1. which a few didn't had on the computer, this fixes problems for them, but not the current issue.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.95 MB

215KB Blitz update when I started steam this evening and voila, Blitz is working again.

21. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by goanna View Post
    215kb blitz update when i started steam this evening and voila, blitz is working again.

yipppeeeeee!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Yes, I just logged in online briefly to see for myself. We're good to go!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    453.85 MB

Hello guys, just gave the game a go myself and can confirm is now working again for me online/offline.

I still think Blitz should be available from another source other than Steam.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Well now we know that god works Saturdays!

Edit: For those who are quite sure that he doesn't, there is a chance that one of his coworkers took care of this one.....
    Last edited by farley; Mar-24-2018 at 10:37.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    142.12 MB

I was glad to read Steam finally got Blitz launcher problem fixed and I rushed off to load it. I was disappointed to see I'm still getting the launcher fail. Odd that it's working for some and not for others. Did you guys have to do anything other than try to launch the game to get it working?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by I_B_Spectre View Post
    I was glad to read Steam finally got Blitz launcher problem fixed and I rushed off to load it. I was disappointed to see I'm still getting the launcher fail. Odd that it's working for some and not for others. Did you guys have to do anything other than try to launch the game to get it working?
    This is what Padre had to say on another thread Spectre:

"It hasn't been working for me this morning ....... until .....
    I ran the game file verification tool via steam, after that it worked.

Some others may have to do this process".

Give it a go.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    142.12 MB

Thanks, farley. I tried my desktop shortcut again a couple of minutes ago and it worked without me having to do anything out of the ordinary. Kudos to TFS for fixing something Steam broke.

29. Likes farley liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.11 GB

Wink Re: Bltiz tech support

Out FNG standing just went on to Steam and took a Spit out over the channel no troubles ,,But I did deo a re-install but the girl flies..thanks to TF crew or Steam ,,Who ever fixed the problem.Just feel like taking a Spit for a free flight for awhile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12