Thread: Fmb 101

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Fmb 101

As I like to practice bombing, navigating etcetc. I would like to have my on missions. The quick missions are a good start but you can't take a loadout, cannot tune altitude, etc. So after some reading and youtube tutorials (these are nice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aijgjKuUIfM) I decided I was ready for the FMB.

So I followed Phil's first tutorial, opened FMB, discarded the open mission window, selected the summer 1940 map, clicked battle area and modified the axis as instructed and... well nothing. No battle area appeared. I tried different numbers, but nothing came up.

Ok, forget the area. Let's insert an airplane. Object viewer, airplane, select one, click on the map and uhhh I get a few colourful coordinate system but no airplane. Also going into the map with enter showed some nice coloured arrows, but no plane.

Ok, let's also forget from scratch. I copied a quick mission (nr 003 to be precise) and managed to change the airplane to the one I like including loadout and all bells and whistles. I put it in the right folder, and yes, I appeared in my Ju-88 where I wanted with the correct loadout.

So let's try bombing. Aligning my bomb sight up and town, turn on automation and the sight jumps all the way up. And with automation on I can't adjust the sight anymore? Online this key binding set works great, but in this universum something changed?

Ok, to recap:
    1. why can't a create a battle area?
    2. why don't planes show up but colourful coordinate systems?
    3. why doesn't bomb automation works in a modified quick mission?
    Newbie CloD 4.53 pilot, all advice welcome!

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Fmb 101

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
    No clue about battle area, but don't see much utility for this in QM's.

After select the plane press and hold Ctrl and click over map to place aircraft waypoints - at least 2.
    Right click over any waypoing and in plane Properties adjust loadout and tick "Player". Save and play.

Before engage autopilot automation assure that have are in a stable flight (no altitude, speed changing) help and wait a bit to bombsight stabilize (like almost the rest, this feature is a bit bugged).
    Last edited by 1lokos; Feb-20-2018 at 10:02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Thanks for your reply, I’ll check the plane positioning.

The autopilot works just fine, well the course mode, 22 is still black magic with its silly dive. But also without AP, if I look through the bombsight, turn on sight automation, I can normally still move the sight up and down. But in my created mission, the sight flips up and can’t be moved anymore.

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Hold the "A" key & the left-mouse button down, then swipe the area you want the battle grid to appear. Adjust the grid scale using the edit->battle->sectorm area menu item. 10000 = 10km grids
    Select the plane type in the view>object browser->aircraft. Use ctrl-left mouse click to place at least 2 waypoints, more if you want. In the object->waypoint tab of the object menu item, set the altitude & waypoint type. Landing or takeoff waypoints should be positioned within the circle around your desired airfield. For your own plane, select one of the #n tabs & trick the "player" checkbox.
    Don't know

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo View Post
    Hold the "A" key & the left-mouse button down, then swipe the area you want the battle grid to appear. Adjust the grid scale using the edit->battle->sectorm area menu item. 10000 = 10km grids
    That worked at least the holding-A bit, still can't see the battle area on the map.
    Select the plane type in the view>object browser->aircraft. Use ctrl-left mouse click to place at least 2 waypoints, more if you want. In the object->waypoint tab of the object menu item, set the altitude & waypoint type. Landing or takeoff waypoints should be positioned within the circle around your desired airfield. For your own plane, select one of the #n tabs & trick the "player" checkbox.
    The 2 waypoints did it, thanks! Took another try before I noticed your, tick-player-box comment

Bomb sight automation now seems te work. Prolly some sort of glitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

That worked at least the holding-A bit, still can't see the battle area on the map.
    In the FMB menu go to View->Toggle Battle Area & make sure the option is ticked ............ Doh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo View Post
    In the FMB menu go to View->Toggle Battle Area & make sure the option is ticked ............ Doh!

damn, that was silly. Thanks a lot!

8. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Help, Can't get the FMB in Blitz to work, can not create anything on map. CoD version 4.13 works fine, Blitz 4.53 is the problem, both on steam. Thanks TC
    Shooting Me Down Is Child Abuse And That's Against The Law

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by too-cool View Post
    Help, Can't get the FMB in Blitz to work, can not create anything on map. CoD version 4.13 works fine, Blitz 4.53 is the problem, both on steam. Thanks TC
    Try loading an existing mission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    Try loading an existing mission.
    I've tried that and I can play the mission but can't change it. I can create missions in COD and then copy and paste into Blitz but aside from zooming the map in and out that's all I can do in the mission builder, can't even scroll left or right or drag the map from side to side or up and down, unless I'm using the side and bottom scroll bars. TC

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Change from full screen to pseudo or vice versa, see if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Please check you have key assignments set in Options/Controls/Keys Category:Builder.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    20.83 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    Please check you have key assignments set in Options/Controls/Keys Category:Builder.
    That appears to have been the issue, now to get all my keys assigned. Thanks TC

15. Likes Bonkin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by too-cool View Post
    That appears to have been the issue, now to get all my keys assigned. Thanks TC
    Good stuff. Your phrase "copy and paste into Blitz" was the clue.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5