Thread: Solved: Thrustmaster Script Editor Problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Solved: Thrustmaster Script Editor Problem

I was having problems getting Target SE to run properly after changing airplanes (Changing Control Scripts). A simple file rename (or deletion) has solved the problem. I am using the latest TARGET software download: [TARGET_v3016(615v2).exe]

In the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\x64

Find the file: DeviceManagementApp.exe

Delete it or just rename it to be safe... I renamed it to "xDeviceManagementApp.exe" to retain the file and drive it to the bottom of the list.

Disabling this "DeviceManagementApp.exe" file causes ALL of the Thrustmaster devices to remain active in the Windows Game Controllers window when running a script. This is not how things used to look before this little mod... The Throttle and Joystick controllers used to disappear after Target SE ran a script and established "Thrustmaster combined". Now, "Joystick", "Throttle" and "Combined" will all show up in "Windows Game Controllers".

When the script is stopped, the "Thrustmaster combined" controller disappears like it's supposed to, and everything looks correct.

The CLoD "Controls Options" menu recognizes the "Thrustmaster Combined" controller just like it did before this rename mod, so game control assignments all remain the same.

If you re-run the TARGET installation download, the "DeviceManagementApp.exe" will be reinstalled and the original problem will resurface.

I don't understand all of it, but renaming it it works well.
    Last edited by Baffin; Feb-21-2018 at 11:44. Reason: description of windows controllers effect.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

2. Likes HerrBaron liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    58.95 MB

Re: Solved: Thrustmaster Script Editor Problem

Thanks for your help, but I do not have the "DeviceManagementApp.exe"
    Any idea?