Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiger 33 to the rescue .. this is what CoD should sound like

stow lincolnshire england 5 miles from RAF SCAMPTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.57 GB

Re: Tiger 33 to the rescue .. this is what CoD should sound like

What about the sounds diveplane uses in DCS they are fantastic and free to download not sure how you would get them to work in CLOD but the sounds are out there .

Heinz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    304.08 MB

How can using a recording from something recorded out in public space be copywrited? I have been using tiger 33 flybysounds made for il2 1946 in a soundboard. Im guessing most people knows what that is. I map the shortcut key to activate those sounds from the board with the same flyby key(s) in il2 sturmovik battle for stalingrad, BOS. It works great but is not perfect cause I have to have speeds to between 300-400 km/h to match the flyby sequense with the flybysound. Other than that it works great and have given me what Ive been missing the most in BOS, flyby sounds. Stock are so....so.....uninspiering and dull, sry, have to say it. I am trying to do the same with clod blitz but of some reason it will not let my soundboard sounds through. I can have spotify running in background and i can hear those sounds while playing clod blitz but my sounds from the soundboard will not play through. Works great in BOS as i said but not blitz. Could someone have a clue to why that is? Thanks.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Check the latest updates, we are showcasing the sound changes for 5.0.

4. Likes ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Supporting Member FightingSteel1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.50 MB

This is interesting and relevant to what has been talked about in this thread. Check out how BFV (of all things) is doing aircraft sound. I bet most of those guys couldn't have told you what a Zero or Corsair was until they made this video.

6. Likes farley, ATAG_Snapper, Little Bill liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi Uncle_Bob.
    I am a massive fan of anyone trying to better the lawnmower sounds of CoD.
    Thank you for trying, any progress or has Blitz defeated you ?
    what Tiger33 did was truly memorable, shame he didnt want to help out having done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob View Post
    ....I have been using tiger 33 flybysounds made for il2 1946 in a soundboard. Im guessing most people knows what that is. I map the shortcut key to activate those sounds from the board with the same flyby key(s) in il2 sturmovik battle for stalingrad, BOS. It works great but is not perfect cause I have to have speeds to between 300-400 km/h to match the flyby sequense with the flybysound. Other than that it works great and have given me what Ive been missing the most in BOS, flyby sounds. Stock are so....so.....uninspiering and dull, sry, have to say it. I am trying to do the same with clod blitz but of some reason it will not let my soundboard sounds through. I can have spotify running in background and i can hear those sounds while playing clod blitz but my sounds from the soundboard will not play through. Works great in BOS as i said but not blitz. Could someone have a clue to why that is? Thanks.
    BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi Uncle_Bob.
    Thank you for trying, any progress or has Blitz defeated you ?
    what Tiger33 did was truly memorable, shame he didnt want to help out having done so.

BOBC
    BOBC, he couldn't help out as has been mentioned. TFS would need proof he owned the copyright of the audio which he obviously wouldn't be able to supply.
    TFS accept mo ey for their product now, Tiger33 can mod to his hearts content IL2 1946 SAS, BAT, HSFX, DBW as the Mods are paid for. TFS adding anything now has to be legit. Prior to 1C giving them access to the Source Code this was possible as they were unofficial, they are now official and part of 1C and all contracts, permissions have to have i's dotted and t's crossed.
    They are a small group of workers and no way will they take a chance on jeopardising the future of there work on "honest it is a legit source with no copyright guv".

Genuinely if the pot was unlimited it still wouldn't by a highest priority for them, just look at BoX, they haven't done this yet and their funds are significantly more than TFS.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post

If you dont like it, as your many many many posts suggest... just stop and do something else.

It's getting boring now.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    If you dont like it, as your many many many posts suggest... just stop and do something else.

It's getting boring now.
    My post was simply to enquire and applause.
    I was simply interested in what 69th_Spiritus had said,
    Check the latest updates, we are showcasing the sound changes for 5.0.
    any development is interesting, not boring, and anyone wishing to clap, be that at the gatepost for the NHS or here for encouragement is a good thing.

....and I was enquiring of Uncle BoB and his work that I saw here., maybe he's been seen off out of town, with a few stone and rock bruises.

so should they also be shot at for trying ?

I am fully aware of Tiger33 and that he can do what he wants but it cant be used, 69th_Spiritus though seemed to show there are changes on the way, and Uncle Bob seemed to show work on this.
    so these two got my interest, and no doubt that of others , if it wasnt asked for they wouldnt have made mention of it, so as we all like news of anything being improved, I simply asked. I have also seen a video over sand of a DB605 Me109F or G and it had beefy sound so I know something is coming by TF, To follow it is not a sin.
    I was simply applauding any work on the sound side, and why not, they are doing it as someone deemed it necessary, and its hard work. and we have been told V5 is making sound changes, so I clap my hands and bang my frying pan with a spoon on anything being done to better BoB, and thank you all TF for all the work so far.

I did ask some time ago about contributing but no one ever replied.

I do have by the way absolute legit DB601 sound as I filmed it from a public space on a non show day on a Sony 4K camcorder, full manual control, with a separate mic with 'dead cat' covering, taxiing, engine tests, take off, flying landing in. I can sign paperwork for it, supply the video tape etc, whatever is needed.

BOBC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12