Thread: logitech extreme 3d pro - IL2 (COD)

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Question logitech extreme 3d pro - IL2 (COD)

Hi Forum,

just installed IL2-COD and looking to get up and running soon

in short any1 have logitech extreme 3d pro mapping for IL2?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    379.6 KB

Re: logitech extreme 3d pro - IL2 (COD)

I made a quick diagram of how I have mapped mine. It took several tries for me to figure out how to come up with a comfortable setup, but this has been working well for me so far. I usually fly blue and split a lot of time between fighters and bombers, so you may want to make edits according to what you will be flying. I hope this helps you get the ball rolling.
    3dpro.jpg

3. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Hi itolond ...

Hi buddy...I use to have a 3D pro...and the rudder failed so I got a new one and the same thing happened...I did some research and apparently it is/was a common issue with them...I am not sure if Logitech have addressed this issue...I then got a Microsoft sidewinder 2...Very cheap on ebay although they are discontinued now...I still use the MSSW2 to this day...I recommend them...You don't have to get the forcefeedback version as the non-feedback version is just as good...They both use the same technology so its just the FFB that differs...They are bullet proof and so getting a used one is not usually a problem...

I also found that the Pro 3D was very stiff making dogfighting tricky...The MSSW2 is still one of the most competitive joysticks out there...Look into it

Check this thread to see what folks are using...

Joystick and Hardware Thread

So...

Before I make my world famous welcome post to you (below)...I'd just like to ask that if you like CLOD and BLITZ then its a good idea to leave a positive review (in any language) in the STEAM forum...That way we will get to see more of what the TFS have to offer in the future...It helps keep THE DREAM ALIVE!...

...Lew...

Welcome to the Community and Forums itolond ...~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve too...

Beginners Guide

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...

TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little once you are on the server...You are quite welcome to just listen if you feel more comfortable with that....so you don't actually need a mic either...Try it and see!

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums you might want to bag for future reference...

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact spotting is massively important in any flight sim...Seeing that enemy before he sees you is a race you don't want to be second in...Check this link to see if you can tweak your rig any better...

Contact Spotting Test

Don't forget to keep up with the latest on the TeamFusion new aircraft and patch news...You could well be AMAZED!

TeamFusion Facebook Updates

And finally...Please take the time to have a read of some of the stories of military family adventures by a few of the members of this forum...and maybe share yours with us...~S~

A Tribute to Those Who Served

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...

===================================

Any UK members please let us know where abouts in the UK you are...Just for reference...Its always good to know just incase there happen to be folks who can help you or you can help locally...buy a joystick from or even just a chat in a pub with someone who is likeminded...

UK Based Player Location thread

Thanks...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

I had the same issues as Lewis describes above. The 3D Pro is a good entry level stick but when u find the rudder starts having a mind of it's own be prepared to get a new 1.
    If u can spare a few more $ the Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X is a good stick too with a proper throttle handle.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

The reason who 3D PRO "twist rudder" start "spike" soon or latter is due the low cost/quality potentiometer used in all axes, the same of low cost gamepad's (pot that cost less than $0.10 for industry).

The same type of potentiometer is used in HOTAS X - and T.16000M twist and throttle axes (X,Y axes use contactless HALL sensor in this model, or Saitek rotaries... so in this matter a different brand is just exchange "six by half dozen".

I have one T.16000M whose "twist rudder" work OK only by less than a year.

The only "low cost" joystick who improve in "twist rudder" was VKB Gladiator Mk.II using contact less MaRS sensor in this axis, but this model was discontinued after only ~2 years in the market, as consequence of bad choices of manufacturer.

7. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    The reason who 3D PRO "twist rudder" start "spike" soon or latter is due the low cost/quality potentiometer used in all axes, the same of low cost gamepad's (pot that cost less than $0.10 for industry).

The same type of potentiometer is used in HOTAS X - and T.16000M twist and throttle axes (X,Y axes use contactless HALL sensor in this model, or Saitek rotaries... so in this matter a different brand is just exchange "six by half dozen".

I have one T.16000M whose "twist rudder" work OK only by less than a year.

The only "low cost" joystick who improve in "twist rudder" was VKB Gladiator Mk.II using contact less MaRS sensor in this axis, but this model was discontinued after only ~2 years in the market, as consequence of bad choices of manufacturer.
    Yes, the problem of low-cost (and worse quality) potentiometers in joysticks and controllers is a real plague for flight simulation. I have yet to find any that offer an all-round good quality hardware. I have a Saitek X-52 Pro (not an inexpensive one, relatively speaking); half the buttons and rotary switches on the throttle are not working or spiking badly.

The only reason why I still keep it are the hall-sensors on the actual joystick that offer reliable control. For most buttons and controls I just use the keyboard.The most irritating thing is that those components cost pennies. If the manufacturer at least allowed customers to mod the hardware by offering specifications and wiring diagrams, one could replace the cheap stuff with decent sensors and be done with it. Of course, they do not. So, we are stuck with cheap hardware, priced too high, without options for replacing bad parts. It really sucks.
    Last edited by uranor; Mar-02-2018 at 14:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by uranor View Post
    I have yet to find any that offer an all-round good quality hardware.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

10. Likes 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Hi Itolond,

New people get us all wound up on topics. We've derailed your thread a bit. hehe I love my 3DPro. I find it does the job fine. You can't go wrong for $35 (or $10 at the thrift store for me).

To the rest of the gang:

I think both sticks are good quality (MS and Logitech). I'm pretty light on the controls, so the logi hasn't had major issues yet...other than a button going out. My push-to-talk on the G13 is also going out

My sidewinder II was expensive at the time when they came out, and I wonder if they made any money out of it, since the engineering in it must have cost a pretty penny. You can see though that it just costs money to develop something of good quality. My G27 is nicely built internally...also expensive tho.

Nowadays finding replacement parts is much easier. You can even order surface mount (SMD) stuff cheap, and I've had good success hand soldering them with magnification.

-Z

12. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post