Thread: Washed colors in 4.53

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    118.80 MB

Washed colors in 4.53

Hi

I noticed that colours of landscape, in actual patch 4.53, are almost the same then in pre Blitz version.
    In 4.50, I noticed visible improvements, similar to reshade effects, colours of landscape was fresh and spotting contacts at land background was better.
    Now colours appears washed and visibility are a little hazy.
    Did You made some changes ?

dziki

PS. Of course "colours", please correct it.
    Last edited by dziki; Mar-04-2018 at 06:17.
    My PC spec.: i5 6400 @ 2.7 GHz, GTX 1080 8GB, 16GB RAM, Dell 2007FP (20.1") 4:3, Sidewinder 2 FF joystick, Win 10

Mountains of Bulgaria, beaches of Spain and Italy, UK when I have to
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    246.12 MB

Re: Washed colors in 4.53

Maybe I'm not the best person to comment on this as I'm slightly colour blind, but I too have noticed a difference in 4.53.

I have more difficulty spotting airfields and grass runways now. They used to standout more against the surrounding fields. They seem to be a darker shade of green now, but maybe that's more realistic.

Just my observations - NOT to be relied on for accuracy !

I think 4.53 looks stunning now, landscapes, damage effects, fires, all are really well done.

I referred to Cliffs of Dover once as a rough diamond. Well, it's not so rough anymore !

My not so expensive COD rig:
    Windows 7 64 bit
    ASRock b75m r2 motherboard - new
    Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.4ghz - used
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB - used
    8gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 ram - new
    Samsung 250gb 850 EVO ssd - new
    EVGA 500 B power supply - new
    Thrustmaster T16000m stick - new
    EDTracker - used / DELAN CLIP PS3 CAMERA - new
    CH Gameport Pro Pedals - used

3. Likes farley, 9./JG52_Meyer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I think 4.53 is really more realistic looking since it is England we are flying over.
    The Nvidia Control Panel has a lot of options for enhancing the picture...
    give it a try to get it just the way you like!
    Last edited by Baffin; Mar-04-2018 at 17:23.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

5. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    varrattu

~V~

7. Likes danperin, \Hawk/ liked this post
    varrattu

Please have a look:

Quote Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
    It is landscape lighting and general lighting that have changed, (and I think the shift to dx11 too?) and these affect the skins.
    The colours have changed, and it shows more on some aircraft than others (Ju87 especially) with the new game. No intentional change has been made though, it is a result of the other changes (to shaders etc.). It is very likely it will change again with TF5, even though no colour change is planned/intended. The shaders will no doubt be changed, and the game lighting altered to accommodate the harsh desert light. All these things alter how the game looks.
    Cheers
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post306819

~V~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by varrattu View Post

~V~
    An excellent video!

When I was doing some freelance (emphasis on “free” ) video editing, I used a Spyder calibrator & software on my monitors to periodically fine tune their displays for year ‘round consistency.

Now, with my ancient 1080p 46” Samsung LCD TV/CLOD monitor, I just eyeball it. I generally just use a CLOD screengrab that has terrain, sea, sky, and clouds and putz around with both Nvidia Control Panel settings and the Samsung TV’s own settings adjustment menu. I go for something between cartoonish and “Northern California drought”, plus a coffee table book’s photos of Kent, England in the summertime. I’m always taken by how lush the countryside looks compared even to my native Southwestern Ontario, Canada farmland. Since I’m the only one I have to please with the end result, I don’t spend a whole lot of time on this.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Buy this one and you will solve all the problems linked to the CLoD washed colours!

LINK: https://www.amazon.it/Hewlett-Packar...ct_top?ie=UTF8
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

11. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Werner " Blauer Teufel " Mölders View Post
    Buy this one and you will solve all the problems linked to the CLoD washed colours!

I have this and CloD looks great now!

Ok, I don't have this...... but CloD still looks great now!

Thanks TF!
    Last edited by farley; Mar-04-2018 at 14:38.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

13. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Werner " Blauer Teufel " Mölders View Post

It’d be great to run two in SLI mode!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

15. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

If my wings are brown and green when I set off south I'm happy.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    118.80 MB

Quote Originally Posted by varrattu View Post
    OK, thanks. I didn't noticed that.
    My PC spec.: i5 6400 @ 2.7 GHz, GTX 1080 8GB, 16GB RAM, Dell 2007FP (20.1") 4:3, Sidewinder 2 FF joystick, Win 10

varrattu

By the way: we are discussing a flight game, not a landscape simulator.

~V~

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    I would recommend a calibrated screen for skinning, else a skinners skin might look correct on just one PC, their own.
    adjusting modern flat monitors for colour is not as easy as CRT screens used to be, a Spyder or other similar device does it automatically for you.

check your greyscale by placing a 5% step greyscale (here is one I have created)
    as jpg and as I run, as bmp which windows backgrounds used to be (had to zip it as 2mb )
    1920x1200 resolution it is designed for. Resize it in Gimp or Pshop if need be.
    ScreenCalib5%RGBstepsGreyscale1920x1200.zip
    ScreenCalib5%RGBstepsGreyscale1920x1200.jpg

Run it as your background wallpaper temporarily, (place into the C drive windows folder (for win7 anyway) , it has 0% (white), 5, 10, etc through to 100% (black) as rgb values , . The 5% of black should be just about visible on the white and the 95% of black should be just about visible on the black and all steps should be visible else screen calibration is set too dark or too light which will impact on true colours displayed. The test image is with 50% grey background, and is in greyscale mode. so if it doesnt look neutral grey then monitor has a colour cast. Likewise if one photographs such a chart, e.g Kodak Q13 test card, a correct exposed pic sees all steps visible.

My latest Eizo has its own pop up calibrator so my Spyder3 is redundant. I also do photo-editing and have to have a calibrated system else anything I put up to e.g. Alamy might look good for me and be wrong for all others.

Nvidia GTX970 I run, I have all CoD settings to max. now probably very affordable along with its successor.

Hope this helps those interested in skinning as well as ensuring you are seeing colours as intended by designers who have worked to a calibrated screen, be they IL2 team, Team Fusion or other skinners, photographers, web designers, etc.

Calibration device or pop up is the way. Beware 2nd hand as sensors start to become inaccurate over time. Borrow a photographer friends one if need be.

Great video by the way ATAG_Snapper

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Mar-10-2018 at 14:20.