Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using 3 screens B.C.O.D.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    339.71 MB

Re: Using 3 screens B.C.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by tooko View Post
    Attached image of Nvidea C.P. surround configure It will only show my 2 screens ?
    I seem to be missing something but what ? Should I give up ?
    Just throwing this into the mix.
    I use surround, but have not had a chance to enjoy CLOD much recently.

When I was learning about surround a couple years ago, I learned that it is more than just three monitors with the same resolution.

You need all 3 monitors to have the same polarity sync otherwise it will not work.
    The best way to assure this is to have three identical monitors, same MFG, same model number.

That being said from google searching, discussions of polarity sync were more common a few years ago.
    Perhaps things have changed.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    275.66 MB

Well... I use 3 differect Monitors in BOX, CLOD, DCS and 1946 without problems:
    (This is not exactly my actual setup, but similar...)
    BOS.jpg
    Last edited by -MaD-; Mar-21-2018 at 07:32.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by -MaD- View Post
    Well... I use 3 differect Monitors in BOX, CLOD, DCS and 1946 without problems:
    (This is not exactly my actual setup, but similar...)
    BOS.jpg
    This is very interesting! Are they still required to have the same resolution like mine did three years ago?

I had a Dell 3011 in surround with two older Dell 3007 monitors, but they all had the same resolution.
    Last edited by Baffin; Mar-21-2018 at 10:36.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    508.11 MB

I took a screen grab of how my Nvidia surround is set up and how it looks in the windows screen resolution settings. With these setting CLoD detects the resolution and there is no need to alter the config files. Hope this helps
    Surround settings.jpg

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    275.66 MB

Short in time but for a quick answer: No need for same resolutions!
    Main 27' screen is full hd, the side monitors are native 1280*1024, but i made a custom resolution for them as 1080*1024, so they match the height of the main screen as they are in portrait mode. For the main screen i made a custom resolution for 1024+1920+1024*1080 so I get this resolution (3968*1080) shown in games. For some games I use a tool called WindowedBorderlessGaming to set the custom resolution of 3968*1080 and an offset of -1024, so the picture start at the left screen.
    For CLOD I set this in my conf.ini:
    DepthBits =24
    StencilBits=8
    DrawIfNotFocused=0
    SaveAspect=0
    Render=D3D11
    width=3968
    height=1080
    posLeft=-1024
    posTop=0
    ColourBits=32
    FullScreen=0
    ChangeScreenRes=0
    Frequency=60
    StereoMode=0

Don't know, if it still works in pseudofullscreen or fullscreen...?!
    Unfortunately nvidia surround does not work with a mixed pivot setup (portrait-horizontal-portrait).
    Last edited by -MaD-; Mar-21-2018 at 17:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by -MaD- View Post
    Short in time but for a quick answer: No need for same resolutions!
    Main 27' screen is full hd, the side monitors are native 1280*1024, but i made a custom resolution for them as 1080*1024, so they match the height of the main screen as they are in portrait mode. For the main screen i made a custom resolution for 1024+1920+1024*1080 so I get this resolution (3968*1080) shown in games. For some games I use a tool called WindowedBorderlessGaming to set the custom resolution of 3968*1080 and an offset of -1024, so the picture start at the left screen.
    Don't know, if it still works in pseudofullscreen or fullscreen...?!
    Unfortunately nvidia surround does not work with a mixed pivot setup (portrait-horizontal-portrait).
    Very Creative!
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Attached image displays section , I can select the 3 screens and change around (image)
    But when I go to Surround section I can only select two displays ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    508.11 MB

What nake is your graphics card and what are the outputs on it? Strange it will only show two screens on surround

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Exactly right, I seem to think my control panel is different than others ? Nvidea GTX1070

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by =Devlin= View Post
    Will it let you select the third monitor in the Displays category (1.Digital Display) You need all three selected then set Topology to 1 x 3. I will check later when I am home against my setup and post a pic for you.
    attached image 3 screens selected can not see anything about topology ? (surround will only select 2 screens)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    508.11 MB

If you select, configure Surround, PhysX on the left side menu and then you should see surround configuration, then select span displays with surround, see if that works for you

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

At last I have got somewhere I now have the 3 screens going resolution 5040 x 1050 the menu appears a little off screen but otherwise ok
    certainly adds to the immersion in the flight.
    Only thing I need to figure out is how to get back to my normal resolution of 1920 x 1080 for normal work without going through all the Nvidea
    setup again. I thought the Ctrl + Alt + S would do it smoothly but it changes the position of my working screen to one of the side screens ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    508.11 MB

Great stuff, really does add to the immersion alright. The menu on mine is a bit of screen too but nothing I cant work with I just leave my desktop resolution at 5020x1200, applications can be maximized to just one of the three monitors so dosent really cause any problem. Glad you got it sorted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12