Thread: CLOD or CLOD Blitz?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    413.5 KB

CLOD or CLOD Blitz?

Hi guys,

I had to give a break to CLOD for some time and when I returned I saw that the Blitz version had been on the shelf at steam. I downloaded it, made the configs etc. and started to fly again.
    My question is; what will happen to my old CLOD? Shall I uninstall it? Is Blitz version the new kid on the block?
    I checked that nobody is flying on the CLOD servers anymore. It seems that everybody has shifted to Blitz. So if I had missed something, I would like to know.

Thanks for your replies in advance

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: CLOD or CLOD Blitz?

Blitz is the new, refined version of Clod. New aircraft (the Beaufighter, Blenheim late and 110C6), better online performace, new effects, additional damage modelled, better landscape, better AI gunnery, improved performance over built up areas (mostly), better cockpits, improved Flight Models etc etc.

If you are happy with it, then you can uninstall the old Clod and reclaim some space. Both version are mutually exclusive (if you were running 4.312) so don't interfere with each other. If you were running the vanilla (non TF modded) version of clod then just take care to back up the 1C folder in My Docs before you uninstall.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    413.5 KB

Thanks for the reply. I think I will uninstall CLOD. But as you mentioned, I will save the patches.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Levent Basara View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I think I will uninstall CLOD. But as you mentioned, I will save the patches.
    Patches auto applied to the latest 4.312 clod, no complicated install as it used to be.