Thread: All of a sudden low resolution

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

All of a sudden low resolution

I was playing on the atag server and after having crashed into a part of France, I wanted to respawn another airplane. When I got into the plane the resolution all of a sudden was very low. I've tried, restarting, rebooting, single and multiplayer mission, triple checked the video settings, NVidia settings but to game refuses to run in 1080p.

any idea what goes wrong here?
    shot_20180308_232417.bmp

EDIT: ok, selecting the already selected 1080 resolution in the option and clicking ok and thus restarting, fixed it
    Last edited by Tumbler; Mar-08-2018 at 17:35. Reason: fixed
    Newbie CloD 4.53 pilot, all advice welcome!

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

2. Likes Stormrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Re: All of a sudden low resolution

I would venture to state it may have resulted due to a 32 bit program running in the background at a lower resolution which had a glitch, virtual cockpit or some form of overlay
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    I would venture to state it may have resulted due to a 32 bit program running in the background at a lower resolution which had a glitch, virtual cockpit or some form of overlay
    Hmm, could be. Should be TS overlay or Opentrack.

The odd thing was that the video options shower 1080 as selected but in fact it was not. Reselecting fixed it. Learned something new

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Typically overlays are the red headed step chlld of Clod. CloD doesnt even try to love them. TS Overlay in particular has been observed to display social issues with Clod and as well meaning as it may appear to be for some, this false sense of security is soon breaking the hearts of other like minded souls who thought if it works in one relationship it will work for others. Eventually you will have to put the overlay in a sack with a stone and throw it in the river. If not this patch, then the next or the one after that. In time you may adjust to the pain and heartache it will cause, you will argue, "it only happens sometimes," and again convince yourself to turn a blind eye to its miscreant behavior. After all, you have stuck it out this long havent you? Whats a few more days...weeks...months. Some lucky souls find one every now and again that appears well adjusted and not hell bent on causing trouble, but on the whole, CloD who is an unforgiving soul, will ignore your wanton desires and saintly displays of patience and will commit suicide in front of your eyes like some tibetan monk with a kerosine can and a zippo.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

6. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    Typically overlays are the red headed step chlld of Clod. CloD doesnt even try to love them. TS Overlay in particular has been observed to display social issues with Clod and as well meaning as it may appear to be for some, this false sense of security is soon breaking the hearts of other like minded souls who thought if it works in one relationship it will work for others. Eventually you will have to put the overlay in a sack with a stone and throw it in the river. If not this patch, then the next or the one after that. In time you may adjust to the pain and heartache it will cause, you will argue, "it only happens sometimes," and again convince yourself to turn a blind eye to its miscreant behavior. After all, you have stuck it out this long havent you? Whats a few more days...weeks...months. Some lucky souls find one every now and again that appears well adjusted and not hell bent on causing trouble, but on the whole, CloD who is an unforgiving soul, will ignore your wanton desires and saintly displays of patience and will commit suicide in front of your eyes like some tibetan monk with a kerosine can and a zippo.
    Almost seems poetry to me

But ok, had another crash last night. Now I know how to get back to normal, but after such a crash my info windows are all over the place. But I can't say goodbye to TS Overlay for now, even if very little people seem to be on TS. Overwolf any better?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Dual monitor setup is better. Open game on one and open TS and whatever else u want on the other. No conflicts.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.