Thread: Testing out VorpX VR on Cliffs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Testing out VorpX VR on Cliffs

...well, it works
    Currently dicking around with it, so I can't say very much about actual technical performance
    but as a Third party VR app for things not meant to be VR, it certainly seems to work pretty good

Keeping in mind I'm running a system at bare minimum specs for Oculus VR
    I5 4440, 8Gb mem, GTX 970

I'm doing in between 28-45 FPS, but currently have every detail set at full blast ingame and in NVIDIA configuration

-The good:

360 vision
    I'm not using the VorpX Headtracking (I cannot get it to work in full VR mode) but with Good old Opentrack's rift tracker protocol without any filters it works great
    (I tried with a bit of deadzone filtering, but that immediately gave the familiar disorienting feeling)

-The bad:

Can't seem to get the Desktop viewer to run

Biggest problem is the game menu mouse pointer is made invisible (Yes it's VorpX, without it running everything is fine)
    Which gets REAALLLLYYY annoying when trying to select your nation, where you end up clicking a 1000 times into the unknown
    This issue is less with selecting an airfield since you can use right click for the pop up mapdetails menu to have a general idea where the mouse is AND the airfields have a mouseover dialogue box
    Even less of an issue going into the options menu since the buttons and pulldowns light up when your mouse is hovering over them (key programming is simply 'click somewhere' to locate where the mouse is)

-The odd

Well, as stated, I seem to be unable to get the headtracking working in full VR, works great in a windowed/cinematic mode, but in 360 VR, the image moves in the same way as your head moves
    Besides that, it seems to not accept other key bindings and reverts to default whenever the program is started

Another thing to note is that you need to center the chat boxes ingame, the tunnel effect is pretty bad, and even though there is an "Edgepeek" (zoom out) function, it's not enough to give you a full view of the screen

Back to testing, let's see what else we can find out
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Re: Testing out VorpX VR on Cliffs

So, it appears with advanced settings enabled, the Edgepeek is scalable (though you're gonna have to up the text size if you want to zoom out to have the whole window in view)
    and I haven't noticed a performance drop when things get busy onscreen (though I also haven't been able to up the FPS with decreasing settings ingame, gonna see what NVidia control panel can do)

The missing mousepointer is something I work around by dragging another active window (Teamspeak) close to where I want to click
    When hovering over the active window, the pointer is visible, so all it takes is a small movement and click in the game menu
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

3. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdare View Post
    ...well, it works
    Currently dicking around with it, so I can't say very much about actual technical performance
    but as a Third party VR app for things not meant to be VR, it certainly seems to work pretty good

Keeping in mind I'm running a system at bare minimum specs for Oculus VR
    I5 4440, 8Gb mem, GTX 970

I'm doing in between 28-45 FPS, but currently have every detail set at full blast ingame and in NVIDIA configuration

-The good:

360 vision
    I'm not using the VorpX Headtracking (I cannot get it to work in full VR mode) but with Good old Opentrack's rift tracker protocol without any filters it works great
    (I tried with a bit of deadzone filtering, but that immediately gave the familiar disorienting feeling)

-The bad:

Can't seem to get the Desktop viewer to run

Biggest problem is the game menu mouse pointer is made invisible (Yes it's VorpX, without it running everything is fine)
    Which gets REAALLLLYYY annoying when trying to select your nation, where you end up clicking a 1000 times into the unknown
    This issue is less with selecting an airfield since you can use right click for the pop up mapdetails menu to have a general idea where the mouse is AND the airfields have a mouseover dialogue box
    Even less of an issue going into the options menu since the buttons and pulldowns light up when your mouse is hovering over them (key programming is simply 'click somewhere' to locate where the mouse is)

-The odd

Well, as stated, I seem to be unable to get the headtracking working in full VR, works great in a windowed/cinematic mode, but in 360 VR, the image moves in the same way as your head moves
    Besides that, it seems to not accept other key bindings and reverts to default whenever the program is started

Another thing to note is that you need to center the chat boxes ingame, the tunnel effect is pretty bad, and even though there is an "Edgepeek" (zoom out) function, it's not enough to give you a full view of the screen

Back to testing, let's see what else we can find out
    Please spell my name correctly I am toying with the idea of getting the HMD odyssey from Samsung,I have my fingers crossed that it will work with CLoD.
    “Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.” Friedrich Nietzsche.

Current rig: Ryzen 3600 ,16GB DDR4 3200 ram, 1TB Crucial NVMe, 500GB Samsung EVO, Seasonic platinum prime 750W, ASrock pro4, Vega56 VC, 2560x1440 144Hz Win10 64bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by thee_oddball View Post
    Please spell my name correctly I am toying with the idea of getting the HMD odyssey from Samsung,I have my fingers crossed that it will work with CLoD.
    They claim VorpX works with every headset supported in steamVR, though I don't have any conformation it already supports Samsung HMDs and I don't know if you can run CloD in steamVR
    Je Maintiendrai

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I forgot I posted here, I just bought the ASUS 102 wmr, (impulse buy, it is $149 at microcenter) so far it works in BOX, but CLOD just gave me a movie screen. I will check with VOPRX and see what if any progess they have made.
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/...on-controllers
    Last edited by thee_oddball; Dec-18-2018 at 09:46.
    “Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.” Friedrich Nietzsche.

Current rig: Ryzen 3600 ,16GB DDR4 3200 ram, 1TB Crucial NVMe, 500GB Samsung EVO, Seasonic platinum prime 750W, ASrock pro4, Vega56 VC, 2560x1440 144Hz Win10 64bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

I forgot I posted here, I just bought the ASUS 102 wmr, (impulse buy, it is $149 at microcenter) so far it works in BOX, but CLOD just gave me a movie screen. I will check with VOPRX and see what if any progess they have made.
    https://www.microcenter.com/product/...on-controllers
    You might need to go into the in-headset menu of VorpX and set 3d on (it has several different viewing options, cinema, fullscreen and 3d I believe)
    Je Maintiendrai

8. Likes thee_oddball, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Hi Nightdare

where did yuo get to settings wise on this?

I've just bitten the bullet and bought VorpX !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Hi Nightdare

where did yuo get to settings wise on this?

I've just bitten the bullet and bought VorpX !

I just found out Windows defender nuked VorpX over a false positive, so I have to improvise:

First things first: Add Launcher to VorpX, run VorpX first before any program you want in VR

When loading CloD it'll show a warning, simply tell it to wait for the program to respond

Here I'll post what I told 9.JG/52 Pan:

Put the Oculus on your head once you press "Create", - it won't work in the menu screen, only "Live"

The only persistent issue I have is losing the mousepointer in the menu and base/plane selection screen
    Something I bypass by using either pressing Alt to make the menu buttons key-stroked (Back, eXit, etc.)
    Or use Alt-Tab to get my desktop mouse back and (holding ALT) use it to aim and click (The moment I release Alt/make the menu screen active again, the pointer disappears again, but it clicks/selects)

-To note: the mouse works, you just can't see the pointer
    It's a hassle, especially when configuring your ordnance, but it's a price I'm willing to pay

When in HMD press del for onscreen menu

Main settings
    Playstyle - Full VR
    Headtracking sensitivity- If it works, set it to taste

Image settings
    Leave most on normal/mono, some settings cater to taste
    just keep Aspect ratio - Pixel 1:1

Display settings
    -Mirror - off
    -Fluidsync - Auto
    -Async - On
    -Gpu sync - Safest
    These settings you can up if you have a bit more GPU power than me

Edgepeek disable - No
    Edgepeek - Mine is at 0.60 to get the whole screen in view, your milage may vary

Input Settings
    -No
    -Off
    -Yes
    -Yes
    -Yes
    -No
    -No
    -No

Most important are the keybinds for Menu and Edgepeek, but these you can set in the Windows desktop
    And I prefer to use Opentrack over VorpX's own headtracking
    Last edited by Nightdare; Dec-30-2018 at 12:32.
    Je Maintiendrai

11. Likes Pans liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I just found out Windows defender nuked VorpX over a false positive, so I have to improvise:

First things first: Add Launcher to VorpX, run VorpX first before any program you want in VR

When loading CloD it'll show a warning, simply tell it to wait for the program to respond

Here I'll post what I told 9.JG/52 Pan:

Put the Oculus on your head once you press "Create", - it won't work in the menu screen, only "Live"

The only persistent issue I have is losing the mousepointer in the menu and base/plane selection screen
    Something I bypass by using either pressing Alt to make the menu buttons key-stroked (Back, eXit, etc.)
    Or use Alt-Tab to get my desktop mouse back and (holding ALT) use it to aim and click (The moment I release Alt/make the menu screen active again, the pointer disappears again, but it clicks/selects)

-To note: the mouse works, you just can't see the pointer
    It's a hassle, especially when configuring your ordnance, but it's a price I'm willing to pay

When in HMD press del for onscreen menu

Main settings
    Playstyle - Full VR
    Headtracking sensitivity- If it works, set it to taste

Image settings
    Leave most on normal/mono, some settings cater to taste
    just keep Aspect ratio - Pixel 1:1

Display settings
    -Mirror - off
    -Fluidsync - Auto
    -Async - On
    -Gpu sync - Safest
    These settings you can up if you have a bit more GPU power than me

Edgepeek disable - No
    Edgepeek - Mine is at 0.60 to get the whole screen in view, your milage may vary

Input Settings
    -No
    -Off
    -Yes
    -Yes
    -Yes
    -No
    -No
    -No

Most important are the keybinds for Menu and Edgepeek, but these you can set in the Windows desktop
    And I prefer to use Opentrack over VorpX's own headtracking
    Are you actiually getting a 3d cockpit? Mine wont seem to let me enable the 3d in the vorp menu in game.

Possibly i didnt add launcher to vorp. Will try again later and see what happens.

I did manage to enable it in GTAV but the result was horrid... and nauseating! And added very little.

Its funny this... its so far seemed very game specific as to whether 3d is a valuable addition!

Im gonna mess about again later and see if i can get it sorted.

Oh... which opentrack are you using? 2.2 stable which i used when i had an ed tracker doeent like the rift! So no joy there either.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Oh... which opentrack are you using? 2.2 stable which i used when i had an ed tracker doeent like the rift! So no joy there either.
    I use 2.3.10 it has Oculus Rift runtime 1.4.0

I need to go after a reinstall to fix my VorpX, with that I can check exactly what I did ingame, but I also need to reset my Steam password (again), because apparently, I keep failing to use a general PW and inadvertently forget it
    Je Maintiendrai

14. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I use 2.3.10 it has Oculus Rift runtime 1.4.0

I need to go after a reinstall to fix my VorpX, with that I can check exactly what I did ingame, but I also need to reset my Steam password (again), because apparently, I keep failing to use a general PW and inadvertently forget it
    cool !

That's opentrack working

i shall come back in a while and check for more info !

At present i have a 2d cockpit with Rift like headtracking. No 3D...

I see what you mean about the mouse.... haha! its like a guessing game !

but i really really want to fly a moth in 3d... and my hurricane.... and a spit that doesnt have the instant blackout i get in DCS

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Ha !

man... what a weird one !!

I feel sick again !!

I have a massive interest in Stereocopy. Have had for years.

I think its fair to say the 3D effect here is more implied than full. The cockpit isnt rendered in sterescopic 3D... but things move as you would expect against eachover (the same as on the flat screen) so the 3D effect is implied. And it works ok.

The big thing is that you have proper real scaled 360 degree view. and thats makes quite an impact.

so... still good !... but no where near aproaching DCS in "reality" due to the faux 3d effect. Good.. not perfect.

(exactly what Nightdare said)

that said I've only just got it working and havent set anything up properly.

I'm far from done here !

and very keen to try Nightdare's settings in full.

also...

I get travel sick. Always have... and this is like being 6 again and my dad telling me the magic pills will make it ok (we both knew they wouldn't but we kinda just went along with the pantomime all the same... every single holiday !... )

Some of that may be down to the settings not 100% matching what im expecting my head to do in game... we shall see... certainly an adventure!!

Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Dec-30-2018 at 15:44.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

17. Likes Nightdare, ATAG_Monkeynut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Ha !

and very keen to try Nightdare's settings in full.

Well, that's not gonna be THIS year

And remember that VorpX is doing nothing more than cloning the game display output on the Oculus, unlike games like Elite and Warthunder, you won't be getting "true" 3d
    Basically what the game puts out is merely rendered on the 2 displays in the HMD and skewed to show correctly through the lenses

So in the end, you won't get a better picture than what you can see on a regular monitor, but the whole "Wow!" factor is that you are virtually IN your cockpit, instead of sitting in front of it

also...

I get travel sick. Always have... and this is like being 6 again and my dad telling me the magic pills will make it ok (we both knew they wouldn't but we kinda just went along with the pantomime all the same... every single holiday !... )

Some of that may be down to the settings not 100% matching what im expecting my head to do in game... we shall see... certainly an adventure!!

Fix your seat

Really, a seat that has a little play works terrible, it makes tiny movements that go smack dab against what your eyes are (conned into) experiencing
    Having a solid place to put your butt on and work your pedals and joysticks may not alleviate getting used to 3d entirely, but you will get used to it faster

PS: don't use any deadzones and map curves linear 1:1 for headtracking to disable as much deviation from the movements your head is making to what is translated on screen
    (the only exception I use is yaw asymmetrically translating 180 degrees on screen from 110+ degrees movement, my chair doesn't allow me to comfortably twist my back and neck entirely to view 180 degrees)
    Last edited by Nightdare; Dec-31-2018 at 10:25.
    Je Maintiendrai

19. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_Monkeynut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

My seat is bolted to rails that have my pedals at the other end.

Did a flyby of tower bridge in a hurricane last night. Quite nauseating!

VorpX does render GtaV into 3d. So its doing more there than just piping it to the headset.

Its extreamly hard to play though like that. And very disorientating.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

My seat is bolted to rails that have my pedals at the other end.
    Well, then it's just a simple issue of getting used to it like we needed to get used to Escape from Wolvenstein 25 years ago

Did a flyby of tower bridge in a hurricane last night. Quite nauseating!
    Just wait until you get into an intricate dogfight, you'll notice that target fixation will help against motion sickness

VorpX does render GtaV into 3d. So its doing more there than just piping it to the headset.
    But GTA V has basic (not elaborate) VR support, so I'm not sure it's VorpX doing the rendering
    Je Maintiendrai

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Highseas this is me tonight in the Moth comp using my ASUS WMR headset with vorpX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

Have you enjoyed VorpX?

I've hated VorpX since the day I bought it.

I got it a while back, but it wasn't really 3D. Instead it is a fake 3D effect... which is disorienting after a while.

There are a few games that seem to render better than others (barely), but how is CloD?

24. Likes ATAG_Monkeynut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_NakedSquirrel View Post
    Have you enjoyed VorpX?

I've hated VorpX since the day I bought it.

I got it a while back, but it wasn't really 3D. Instead it is a fake 3D effect... which is disorienting after a while.

There are a few games that seem to render better than others (barely), but how is CloD?
    Personal opinion only :

I didnt like it either. It's definitely NOT worth the asking price.

its a faux rendering... its no more 3d than the flat screen version but with full 360 degree rotation (yey!) and poor graphics (booo!).

It's not stereoscopic 3d which is the whole point for me.

I certainly would not recommend it !

Track IR and a normal screen has that experince beaten in Cliffs for sure (perhaps surprisingly).

Now DCS however !... that in VR is outstanding !

Bottom line (for me at least) is if it was made to be VR go for it... otherwise... stick to what it was designed for.
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Jan-05-2019 at 10:52.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

26. Likes ATAG_Monkeynut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Highseas this is me tonight in the Moth comp using my ASUS WMR headset with vorpX.

hehe ! cool !

Gutted my stick went into a coma.

still not sorted either... really really want to do the next one of these!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

28. Likes major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    447.92 MB

Thanks for the heads up on Vorpx. I was very tempted, really want to play Clod in VR, but from what you've said I think I'll save myself the money!

30. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello All

Everyone should know that CoD is not optimized officially for the use of VR.

For that reason, we do not recommend people attempt to use VR in the game unless they are willing to accept considerabe discomfort.

After the release of TF 5.0, we will have as a priority to enable VR in a later patch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Hello All

For that reason, we do not recommend people attempt to use VR in the game unless they are willing to accept considerabe discomfort.

After the release of TF 5.0, we will have as a priority to enable VR in a later patch.
    Great news !

right now I'm super happy with the 2D version... !

Cheers fellas!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Monkeynut View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on Vorpx. I was very tempted, really want to play Clod in VR, but from what you've said I think I'll save myself the money!
    DCS in 3d is amazing... BoX also... though I'm not inot that theatre much... and the map is... erm... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

but yeah.. Cliffs... (right now) is at its best at high resolution on a good quality screen with Track IR.

not ot say that i didnt enjoy my brief flirtation with it via VoprX... but...

save your money !

(Besides... it's your round at Duxford)

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.60 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Hello All

This is good to hear. IMHO, to attract a new players in 2019/2020 VR is a must.
    i5-12600K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z690 MB, 64 GB Kingston Fury DDR4-3200, Asus RTX 4070 OC, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, 43 inch Vizio V435M-K04 G-Sync Compatible 4K TV @ 3480 X 2160, CH HOTAS, Fighter Stick, CH Yoke, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, Oculus Quest 2 VR

35. Likes Lensman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    447.92 MB

I agree DCS looks amazing in VR, but I dont get on with the flight models. Its probably because I'm so used to Cliffs, but I find the DCS warbirds very 'twitchy' in comparison and blackouts tend to be sudden and terminal!

I also think DCS still suffers from very little gameplay. I find it quickly becomes a bit dull. I got the Spit and Mustang single player campaigns in the sales, yet to give them a try though, but hopefully with these campaigns using the WW2 assets pack DCS WW2 is starting to mature.

I've been flying BOX a lot recently and while I really enjoy the career structure of the single player campaign and the graphics and flight models are very good, I have to agree that the map is not the most varied and I quickly get lost if I don't have the map icons on!

Still, BOX is good enough for my VR fix for now and the water droplets on the canopy going through clouds never gets old! Just need some more USB ports so I can plug Trackir back in, current ASUS (supposedly gaming) MB only has 5!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.60 MB

I agree DCS looks amazing in VR, but I dont get on with the flight models. Its probably because I'm so used to Cliffs, but I find the DCS warbirds very 'twitchy' in comparison and blackouts tend to be sudden and terminal!

I also think DCS still suffers from very little gameplay. I find it quickly becomes a bit dull. I got the Spit and Mustang single player campaigns in the sales, yet to give them a try though, but hopefully with these campaigns using the WW2 assets pack DCS WW2 is starting to mature.

I've been flying BOX a lot recently and while I really enjoy the career structure of the single player campaign and the graphics and flight models are very good, I have to agree that the map is not the most varied and I quickly get lost if I don't have the map icons on!

Still, BOX is good enough for my VR fix for now and the water droplets on the canopy going through clouds never gets old! Just need some more USB ports so I can plug Trackir back in, current ASUS (supposedly gaming) MB only has 5!
    Did your MB come with one of those case mounted USB modules that plugs into it? Also some novice VR questions, do you use or need TIR with it? And finally which VR unit do you use?
    i5-12600K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z690 MB, 64 GB Kingston Fury DDR4-3200, Asus RTX 4070 OC, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, 43 inch Vizio V435M-K04 G-Sync Compatible 4K TV @ 3480 X 2160, CH HOTAS, Fighter Stick, CH Yoke, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, Oculus Quest 2 VR

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 13sq*Axe View Post
    Did your MB come with one of those case mounted USB modules that plugs into it? Also some novice VR questions, do you use or need TIR with it? And finally which VR unit do you use?
    I bought a ASUS WMR headset , The only reason I bought it is because it was on sale for $149, I would not recommend paying more than $200 for one due to the screen door effect, beyond that it works well with BOX and CLOD (VorpX) and the 6DoF is smooth(no need for TIR).

I would save you money for the Pimax 8K (4K for each eye) you will need a 1080Ti or 2080 to run it

Screen

CLPL (Customized low persistence liquid)
    Resolution

2*3840x2160,16.6 Million pixels in total
    MTP

<15ms
    Refresh Rate

80 Hz, Brainwarp Support
    FOV

200°
    Audio

3.5mm audio jack、integrated microphone
    Connection

USB 2.0/3.0、DP 1.4
    Sensor

SteamVR tracking、G-sensor、gyroscope、hand motion(Option)
    Fit

Adjustable headset strap/headband(Option)

IPD adjustment,VR frame
    Content

SteamVR and Oculus Home
    GPU

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080Ti and AMD® equivalent or above
    Last edited by thee_oddball; Jan-26-2019 at 18:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Project Cars 2 VR

seriously !

I use my rift for DCS to mess about... in Elite for... messing about... Proect Cars 2?

no way I'm playing that in 2d ever!
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Jan-26-2019 at 20:29. Reason: punktuation

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I would save you money for the Pimax 8K (4K for each eye) you will need a 1080Ti or 2080 to run it
    Crumbs !! hats a heavy price tag !!

Cheers thee_oddball... i do love this stuff !

one day I will upgrade !

right now though... depending on the game... im happy with the possibly affordable depending on circumstances CV1

don't get me wrong... I do WANT one...

but:

1: I can't afford it !

2: Not gonna go there with my paultry entry level 1080ti graphics card. (paultry ?!?!)

3: Looks as though i'd need to pay double right off the bat. The price of the headset... the price of a 2080+ just to get games up and running beyound the minimum graphics settings

4: Need a lot more GOOD vr games to come out !

5: Project cars II VR !!!..... seriously... yes the screen door effect is ever present !... but the experience is stunning none the less.

now combat flight sim VR?... yeah... need better resolution... but i know of plenty of guys with really high res monitors who play in mega crummy resolution because that way they can see a blob on the screen quicker

makes no sence to me !

Ive always bought / upgraded kit relative to the games I wanted it for.

at present... i gotta say im fine with what I've got.

still want one though

give it a year !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 13sq*Axe View Post
    This is good to hear. IMHO, to attract a new players in 2019/2020 VR is a must.
    Id like it... i have the kit...

but i dont think it is a must by any margin.

I'd play cliffs in VR

but most likely not in combat.

I love VR. I want it in Cliffs (true stereoscopic VR not vorpx)

right now? the (affordable) technology just isnt there yet.

i love VR gaming... but its a bit like when the nintendo wii came along.

its great for some stuff....

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals