Thread: Hakenkreuz

stow lincolnshire england 5 miles from RAF SCAMPTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.57 GB

Hakenkreuz

Any news about the Hakenkreuz for 4.53 ? German planes just don't look right without it.

Heinz

2. Likes SD_MBen, BOBC liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Re: Hakenkreuz

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I think its a dead duck. And the "mod" for BOS isn't a mod as described, just a bunch of extracted official skins that had the symbol added. If you want the symbol you'll need to produce a skin with it on.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Here's where I always go for my 109 Ju-88 and Stuka skins. Lots of great photographs too.

https://www.asisbiz.com/il2.html

6. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

I may add here that this site takes a little digging through but once you get that hang of it it's really great

https://www.asisbiz.com/il2.html
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Sep-01-2018 at 10:30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 13:47.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    I heard that someone was working on getting the historical tail markings fix working for blitz, or was it for T5 ?

this has been the long wait, its VITAL to the correct look, I hate seeing the aircraft incomplete and also cannot do any screen captures in Blitz. keep going back to 4.312 or earlier.
    Is it that the new version is so well coded it nukes any attempt at this ?

Has that kind soul decided to jack it in ?

Would that kind soul have been lllZG76_Keller who we are forever indebted to that made it for prior versions ?

CoD needs the tail markings, folk just cannot go skinning every aircraft that is visible ?

Or is there a way of skinning one 109 and the tail marking then gets used for everyone ?

When running FMB there is a limit to how many correct accurate individual staffel skins exist, I might have 3 at best for a staffel, so what of the other 9 ?

Could someone explain just how all the staffel get the Historical tail marking ?

I can see myself forever flying 4.312 otherwise.

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Jan-06-2019 at 13:28.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Sorry guys, Historical Skins are no longer possible the way they were done before.

III./ZG76 2N+ZR
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Intel Core i7 4970 @ 3.6 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, GTX 980 4GB GPU

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Keller View Post
    Sorry guys, Historical Skins are no longer possible the way they were done before.
    Is there any way at all of getting them as an option for those of us allowed them ?

or have TF actually altered coding to completely disallow any third party add-on choice ? and if so why as there is no law saying such.

IL2 had it that we could have Kellers fix.

I see no problem with those that are allowed, choosing to add them on.

if a modeller in e.g. germany decides to get a sheet of hakenkreuz from hannants Uk and detail his 1/48 110 thats his choice.

If I hear that Hannants have had to stop production of such incase a german modeller uses a sheet, I shall go ballistic as will UK and USA and Aussie etc modellers !

This is no different, if that is, its been coded for such reason. So what has actually happened to disallow this and make the tails look wrong ?

The world should firstly remove all gun and knife violence from USA made TV progs, doing far more harm to our minds, this is not seeing folk protesting in streets with banners, OMG CoD has an accurate tail marking ability for those choosing to add in a graphic/code fix, as do profiles in books.

I will forever be in 4.312 otherwise.

or is there a way of us skinning and populating an entire Staffel without having to create 12 separate individual skins ?

Then is the only way to see them to use FMB or will they show in quick mission etc.

We won WW2 for freedom of choice, so being dictated to now in effect by those that caused it is not on !

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Jan-07-2019 at 20:09.

12. Likes ATAG_Hawk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    660.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Keller View Post
    Sure it can. Just link the darn DE_Balkenkreuz_Type decals outside of the encrypted sfs, similiar to the cockpit photo. That way the install doesnt contain the file and is easily modable.. Its just a case of not wanting to in fear of supposed legal issues. 1CG doesnt seem to see any in the BoX series.

14. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by rel4y View Post
    Sure it can. Just link the darn DE_Balkenkreuz_Type decals outside of the encrypted sfs, similiar to the cockpit photo. That way the install doesnt contain the file and is easily modable.. Its just a case of not wanting to in fear of supposed legal issues. 1CG doesnt seem to see any in the BoX series.
    Oh wow a glimmer of hope...Lost me on this, I am no coder, can you sort this out for us ?

Pleeeeeeeeeze !!

BOBC

16. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 14:32.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    195.7 KB

Is this not a competitive method? There are fashions in the Battle of Stalingrad, I use historical signs.
    In one simulator was removed, in the other - allowed.
    Doesn't it seem strange to you?

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Hi BOBC - It's really easy. Just copy a 109 skin from the Steam/CLOD Paintschemes/Skins folder (they have no markings whatsoever since CLOD adds the correct ones depending on the unit selected), add a historical tail marking in Paint or Photoshop (blow the pic up to max so you can get nice straight lines pixel by pixel) and add it back in to the paintschemes/skins folder. When you select that skin for the 109 you get the crosses and codes added by the game, plus your own historical tail marking. Piece of cake.

Big plus is that the Steam/CLOD?Paintschemes/Skins folders for 109s contain loads of paintschemes for BOB 109s - you can copy each one and add a tail marking so masses of variety. And just to re-emphasise, the game will auto add in correct codes for each a/c when you fly a mission. With a bit of fiddling you can paint your own unit emblems if you don't like the default ones.

Because bombers don't have paintschemes (they seem to be hard-coded) it's just a bit more hassle but still easy - download a JU87 or He111 etc custom skin from this forum, use Paint/Photoshop to remove all crosses and codes, add in your historical tail marking, bung it in the appropriate a/c Paintscheme/Skins folder and agin, the game will auto add all the codes depending on unit selected, pus you have your tail marking.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi,
    I heard that someone was working on getting the historical tail markings fix working for blitz, or was it for T5 ?

this has been the long wait, its VITAL to the correct look, I hate seeing the aircraft incomplete and also cannot do any screen captures in Blitz. keep going back to 4.312 or earlier.
    Is it that the new version is so well coded it nukes any attempt at this ?

Has that kind soul decided to jack it in ?

Would that kind soul have been lllZG76_Keller who we are forever indebted to that made it for prior versions ?

CoD needs the tail markings, folk just cannot go skinning every aircraft that is visible ?

Or is there a way of skinning one 109 and the tail marking then gets used for everyone ?

When running FMB there is a limit to how many correct accurate individual staffel skins exist, I might have 3 at best for a staffel, so what of the other 9 ?

Could someone explain just how all the staffel get the Historical tail marking ?

I can see myself forever flying 4.312 otherwise.

BOBC