Thread: Trying to get into DCS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Trying to get into DCS

Hi guys. I used to be active on the ATAG Cliffs of Dover server still sporting my tags as an ATAG member but think my permissions have been revoked.

To the point. I recently got hold of an Oculus Rift and I'm trying to get into DCS. I currently own the following modules:

F86
    Mig15
    A10C
    KA50
    FC3
    FW190
    ME109
    P51D
    Huey

I'm looking to purchase the Harrier and the F18
    My main interest within DCS is jets and Carrier ops

I was wondering if anyone on ATAG was active on DCS and could point me in the direction of a good MP server where I could learn the sim

Thanks in advance
    Frankenstien
    PS sorry about the sig I need to re upload it. I guess I ought to say I'm UK time zone as well
    Last edited by ATAG_Frankenstien; Mar-16-2018 at 19:12.
    My Machine CPU: i7 7700k 4..2Ghz Motherboard: Republic of Gamers Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 Socket 1151 Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1080 Strix 8GB ROG Direct CU III Aura RGB Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 DRAM 2400Mhz 2 x Matched Pair Peripherals: Oculus Rift, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Kensington Trackball, CH Pro Throttle Quadrant, 2 x Saitek Trim Wheels, Razer Tarterus V2 Gaming Keypad

2. Likes ATAG_Deacon liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    103.86 MB

Re: Trying to get into DCS

I usually fly on the ACG Server with some others from the EAF in the Harrier which is a great module and I highly recommend it, as for WW2 servers I don’t fly on them as the Spit is not being involved because of it causing server crashes for some reason, hope this helps

Red
    Target 4 'o' clock low

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the info Red. I'll take a look when I'm at the PC. Sounds like the Harrier is going to be a need to purchase for me then.
    To be fair I am looking at DCS primarily for the jets so the WW2 stuff isn't going to be my focus. Shame the Spitty is so buggy though.

Frankie
    Last edited by ATAG_Frankenstien; Mar-17-2018 at 08:02.
    My Machine CPU: i7 7700k 4..2Ghz Motherboard: Republic of Gamers Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 Socket 1151 Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1080 Strix 8GB ROG Direct CU III Aura RGB Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 DRAM 2400Mhz 2 x Matched Pair Peripherals: Oculus Rift, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Kensington Trackball, CH Pro Throttle Quadrant, 2 x Saitek Trim Wheels, Razer Tarterus V2 Gaming Keypad

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

ok so a small update to this post, I recently bought the Harrier and have had a quick go, liking it so far

I also got the F18 on pre purchase. After buying those two I realised I had some bonus so splashed out on the Mirage. So my stable of jets is now quite nice.

Now I just need to link up with some folks and have some fun.

Frankie