Thread: "Italian Stallion G.50s"

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

"Italian Stallion G.50s"

G.50 and BF-109s action on the ATAG server Joy Division and Steamworks maps. DRock, 1./JG26_CarlMarks, Tibsun, ATAG_Ribbs, Timber and I join up to form the Italian Stallions in our G.50s and fight the RAF.

https://youtu.be/fOad8jzZ2OA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    379.6 KB

Re: "Italian Stallion G.50s"

It's always satisfying to watch those .50 cal rounds land on target. I think I must have replayed the hits at the 3:00 mark about 5 times .

3. Likes jaydog, Silent135, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMarks View Post
    It's always satisfying to watch those .50 cal rounds land on target. I think I must have replayed the hits at the 3:00 mark about 5 times .
    If only I could aim worth a crap in G50...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    If only I could aim worth a crap in G50...
    ditto

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

I third that

Like throwing stones the trajectory needed. But when they hit

7. Likes ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

I hope the American ( Browning)50 Cal's come with more punch..and they should have a faster muzzel velocity. Maybe Buzz can confirm?

I love these videos Jaydog! Itallian Stallions! Like it!

To be honest..I feel like firing at enemy with the G50 seems to feel like what it would be in actual airial combat. If you watch the combat footage...so many time shots land and you don't see damage..like the G50..till you put one on target.
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Mar-26-2018 at 10:01.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

9. Likes Silent135, DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Video blocked by 'UMPI' for me!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

What does UMPI stand for btw?
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Video blocked by 'UMPI' for me!

I'm not sure what that means mate. Is it formatting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

This video contains content from UMPI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

blocked for me also

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    379.6 KB

I'm not sure what that means mate. Is it formatting?
    Sounds like maybe copyright issues related to the song in the video are restricting it in their regions

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMarks View Post
    Sounds like maybe copyright issues related to the song in the video are restricting it in their regions

That sucks. Can't believe some countries actually do that. Damn censorship

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Nice flying, jaydog.

Was wondering how a twin engine like the beau can keep up in a sustained turn with the G50, as seen in the clip. Yet the Spits could not out turn it. Was the G50 way under its best turning speed?
    Last edited by katschmarek; Mar-31-2018 at 18:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

This video contains content from UMPI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    Sorry about that.
    Also blocked in The Netherlands.

UMPI is Universal Music Publishing International, London, United Kingdom

which is part of

Universal Music Publishing Group headquarters in Santa Monica, California, USA

which is owned by

Vivendi, of Paris France

That sucks. Can't believe some countries actually do that. Damn censorship
    yes

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by katschmarek View Post
    Nice flying, jaydog.

Was wondering how a twin engine like the beau can keep up in a sustained turn with the G50, as seen in the clip. Yet the Spits could not out turn it. Was the G50 way under its best turning speed?
    Yeah, I was really surprised he held off that long. I'm guessing the pilot had a trick up his sleeve.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Zeb View Post
    Yeah, I was really surprised he held off that long. I'm guessing the pilot had a trick up his sleeve.
    Yeah, thrust vectoring by using asymmetric power settings.

I have a recording where I, in a 109, was against a Blenny a few months ago. When I saw him getting into a turn fight with me, I thought, "ok, it'll be over quickly". It was quite deep behind our lines, so I decided it was safe to go low and slow and have a bit of fun (yes, bnz gets boring after a while). After a few seconds of the turn I was surprised he was out-turning me in a sustained flat turn on the deck, so much so that I had to break the turn, gain speed, and b'n'z him.

I was under the impression that both the Beau and Blenny had a higher wing loading and lower T/W than the G50 and the 109 and possibly a higher stall speed and couldn't pull as much G. The only thing that I'd imagine being better, is the smaller turn circle.
    Last edited by katschmarek; Apr-01-2018 at 06:31.

20. Likes 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

I have a recording where I, in a 109, was against a Blenny a few months ago. When I saw him getting into a turn fight with me, I thought, "ok, it'll be over quickly". It was quite deep behind our lines, so I decided it was safe to go low and slow and have a bit of fun (yes, bnz gets boring after a while). After a few seconds of the turn I was surprised he was out-turning me in a sustained flat turn on the deck, so much so that I had to break the turn, gain speed, and b'n'z him.

I was under the impression that both the Beau and Blenny had a higher wing loading and lower T/W than the G50 and the 109 and possibly a higher stall speed and couldn't pull as much G. The only thing that I'd imagine being better, is the smaller turn circle.
    I now don my tin hat of simulatory-world physics. Yeh, the Blenny has very low wingloading compared to the Beaufighter, but if the Beau is carefully transitioned from 180 to 135 indicated using flaps, you can maintain a good rate of turn with full fuel. Thrust-vectoring actually creates a lot of drag, so everything is run at full power.

Here's a fight from today (Blenheim in this case), where I used a bit of flaps to gain a pinch of lower stall speed. I have the engines shut off in the dive to keep the propellers from overspeeding.

Last edited by 69th_Zeb; Apr-02-2018 at 00:12.

22. Likes farley, Gingerbread liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

They are not to be underestimated that's for sure. Turn fighting against a Beau or Blenni can be dangerous in a 109 or G50 but more often than not I can defeat them with full power and flaps ....or by extending , climbing and dropping on them again bnz style. The only plane that scares me in the G50 is the Hurricane. Even against Spits its possible to get a maneuver kill in the 109, especially the E4B which has excellent handling and power down low by adding some flaps. Usually it becomes a matter of will and the first person to blink or make a mistake loses. As a general rule, if you cant get a good shot or maneuver kill within 2 revolutions, it might be best to break extend and gain energy and height and pray that help didn't come to bail him out. I will say the G.50 is extremely unforgiving and you have to know its limits. Just one pull too hard and you will kill your self. I have maneuver killed my self more often than I'd like to admit, but that is one of the reason why I like flying the G50 lately. It's slow, under powered and challenging and getting kills in it is rewarding.

24. Likes Silent135, DRock, 69th_Zeb, ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Zeb View Post

I had no choice but to keep the Beau in the turn since he was bouncing me from my 6. Breaking and extending would have been a bad idea as there is no way to outrun the Beau in a G50 and I wanted to stay out of the gunsight and cannons. Luckily I had a wingman to attack him in the turn.

26. Likes 69th_Zeb, ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

I will say the G.50 is extremely unforgiving and you have to know its limits. Just one pull too hard and you will kill your self. I have maneuver killed my self more often than I'd like to admit, but that is one of the reason why I like flying the G50 lately. It's slow, under powered and challenging and getting kills in it is rewarding.
    100%
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h