Thread: Blue Pilot Seeking Red Practice Partner(s) (i.e., Free Kills for You!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

Blue Pilot Seeking Red Practice Partner(s) (i.e., Free Kills for You!)

Hello Aces,

Context
    As we all know, the best way to shake an enemy off of one’s tail is to never get into such a situation in the first place and fly with a wingman or two. I am generally a believer in this idea and I prefer to fly high and only engage with significant altitude advantage.

However, I personally would also like to hone other aspects of my flying abilities, including knife fight tactics and maneuvers to shake a Spitfire or Hurricane off my tail. After all, this is a game at the end of the day, and the ultimate end goal is to have fun, however one chooses to define it. Sometimes, I think it’s fun to get tangled up with a Spitty/Hurri behind me! And might as well take advantage of the luxury of virtual death.

Proposal
    Since it is critical to get enough reps and hear feedback from the other side (e.g., “you made it too easy to shoot you down by doing X”, “X was a tricky maneuver to follow”, etc.), I’m seeking practice partners who generally fly Red and frequently use TeamSpeak. The idea is to get on a quiet TS channel and meet up somewhere reasonably close to both of our respective airfields, but also removed from typical the hot spots so that we can practice in peace. This way, we can maximize the time spent fighting and minimize the time spent flying around and looking for contacts. And you will start by saddling up on my six! Free kills, who can resist?

There are many ways to go about arranging this, and I’m open to ideas. We can choose to have a set time when it is convenient for both of us, or you can just acknowledge that you’d be willing to do this with me once in a while when we see each other on the servers.

If this sounds vaguely interesting to you, please PM me!

My time zone is UTC-4 for your reference.

S!
    SharkBait
    System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro
    Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Blue Pilot Seeking Red Practice Partner(s) (i.e., Free Kills for You!)

Also, feel free to use the Server 2 map. It’s ideal for training purposes - it has airspawns for immediate dogfight practice for any aircraft you choose. Plus you’re less likely to be interrupted by other players who are unaware of your practice. I fly Spitfires a lot; if I see you online this weekend I’ll give you a shout.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

3. Likes SharkBait, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Also, feel free to use the Server 2 map. It’s ideal for training purposes - it has airspawns for immediate dogfight practice for any aircraft you choose. Plus you’re less likely to be interrupted by other players who are unaware of your practice. I fly Spitfires a lot; if I see you online this weekend I’ll give you a shout.

That's a great idea. Thank you, dapper Snapper!
    System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro
    Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

Shark, you could also try out the TWC servers.....Mission server has ext. views for trk recording, could be handy..... also the Tactical server would work (no ext views) Just drop by our TWC teamspeak I'm sure you will find a number of us(various time zones) willing to get involved.
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

6. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Birdtail View Post
    Shark, you could also try out the TWC servers.....Mission server has ext. views for trk recording, could be handy..... also the Tactical server would work (no ext views) Just drop by our TWC teamspeak I'm sure you will find a number of us(various time zones) willing to get involved.
    Yesterday was great fun! The server was thinly populated, but England was heavily guarded by a few of your TWC members. I was chased away from England by them up at 6km, and also on the deck near Hawkinge (I got "wrecked" on both occasions). Your crew is truly unshakable!!

Cheers!
    SharkBait