Thread: My first impressions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

My first impressions.

Hi guys, this is my impression after a week that I use COD version 4,312. Coming from Il2 1946 I appreciated that the configuration of the keys can be done in the same way and this is very important to start without any other difficulties. I immediately tried to do air combat and the first impression was..... things are much more difficult here!!! In the SIM IL2 1946 The Spit or the Hurricane blew them, while here in COD if you can place a few bullets in the wing or in the fuselage is a success!
    But I have to admit that I have not yet done the best two important setups:

The convergence of weapons on the BF109 E4

The sensitivity of the joystick

For these two setups I ask you for help!!

The dynamics of flight compared to IL2 1946 I can not yet judge it because I flew exclusively on the Fw190, but anyway I noticed that on 109 on takeoff and landing the behavior is very dynamic in the sense that you have to commit to the bottom. In Flight When you run the narrow tack the 109 has less tendency to stall but I anyway with the 190 I had to always be careful. I have yet to check the stall speed in the various configurations. I have disabled the movement of the head because it puts a strain on the possibility of aiming. When I can set the rudder correctly with the response of the Joystick I will activate it.
    I also tried the Mission planner but for that I can not yet give a judgement.

Well guys I thank you again for the help you want me to give and I thank the guys who support the development of this simulator.

COD v. 4.55 - Intel I5 2400 3.1 Ghz- 8 Gb Ram - Asus Gtx 1050 2 Gb -
    EdTracker-T.16000 -Win10

2. Likes farley, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Re: My first impressions.

Startrek, here is a recent thread on joystick sensitivity, and there are other threads as well.

Hope it helps.

ATAG_Dave explains it well.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ck+sensitivity

Glad you are enjoying it so far
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

4. Likes Startrek66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

By default Bf 109's convergence is set in 100 meters (British fighters in 338.3281 meters).

Convergence and ammo belts adjust is a bit awkward to set, because the interface in Options > Plane > Loadout is somewhat broken (like dozens of thins in CloD) and became a hit of miss save your changes done under Plane > Loadout.
    Usually people used to join in a MP server and adjust and save - in this mode is less problematic.

Or use 3rd part tools like this:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=11427

After get used, can adjust manually in the file 'user.ini" in Documents\1C...

The adjust of convergence and ammo belts could be done individually per weapon, example:

[Aircraft.Bf-109E-4_Late]
    conv _Gun02 Gun.MGFF_M_Wing 260 280
    conv _Gun00 Gun.MG17 240 240
    conv _Gun01 Gun.MG17 250 250
    belt _Gun02 Gun.MGFF_M_Wing MainBelt 3 5 5 5 1
    belt _Gun00 Gun.MG17 MainBelt 1 0 0 0 4 4 4 4
    belt _Gun01 Gun.MG17 MainBelt 1 0 0 0 4 4 4 4
    beltPreset Convergence _Gun02 Gun.MGFF_M_Wing MainBelt 3 5 5 5 1
    beltPreset Convergence _Gun00 Gun.MG17 MainBelt 1 0 0 0 4 4 4 4
    beltPreset Convergence _Gun01 Gun.MG17 MainBelt 1 0 0 0 4 4 4 4
    weapons 1 1
    regiment BoB_RAF_B_218Sqn
    aging 76
    The last values (bold) in each weapon type is convergence, horizontal and vertical that can be set different, see for MGFF-M (cannon).
    The above values is just for show how is, don't make sense use Bf 109 MG's with different convergence - but make in Spit/Hurri.

6. Likes Startrek66 liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Joystick sensitivity is a very personal setting, fair few of the guys in my staffel fly on 0 using Warthogs, so super sensitive. I tried it and hated it! I'm away currently so can't look mine up unfortunately.
    Regarding convergence, 20mm set to 200 400. Think is a fairly historical setting, gives you the ability to fire out at reasonable range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

May help understanding that "sensitivity" is a bad name for the allowed joystick adjust, that is "S" curve adjust.

With slider for left - 0.00 joystick input is sent for game 1:1, so the movement on stick is matched by plane control surface (e.g. aileron), the response graph is a straight line, like "/".

Moving the slider for right - from 0.01 to 1.00 (should by 100.00 [%] but the window is set wrong, an "It's CloD!") you are applying a 'damper' factor in joystick input send for game, that now became 1:0x. But only around the middle of movement, in extremity of movement joystick input is matched by the value send for control surfaces, the response graphic became a "S" line.

Notice that in the green bars for test at left that initially the bar 'In' move move fast than 'Out' but near the end of movement the bar match.

So moving the slider from 0.00 to 1.00 (0 to 100%) you are not making the stick more "sensitive" but making the plane surfaces (game) less - only around the center of stick movement.

Start with 0 and adjust if fell necessary.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Apr-01-2018 at 10:36.

9. Likes Startrek66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

Hy guys. I followed your advice and I got an improvement. In particular by improving the calibration of the joystick for the tail rudder, the accuracy of the shooting has improved. I set these values ​​roll = 0.80 pitch = 0.80 and yaw = 0.85. I have not considered any dead zone value.

EdTracker-T.16000 -Win10

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Startrek66 View Post
    Hy guys. I followed your advice and I got an improvement. In particular by improving the calibration of the joystick for the tail rudder, the accuracy of the shooting has improved. I set these values ​​roll = 0.80 pitch = 0.80 and yaw = 0.85. I have not considered any dead zone value.
    Im on 0.25 pitch and roll and 0.75 rudder. I find anwhere between 0.75 and 1.00 on rudder is good.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

12. Likes Startrek66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Why are you using 4.312 instead of 4.5?

Hi guys, this is my impression after a week that I use COD version 4,312. Coming from Il2 1946 I appreciated that the configuration of the keys can be done in the same way and this is very important to start without any other difficulties. I immediately tried to do air combat and the first impression was..... things are much more difficult here!!! In the SIM IL2 1946 The Spit or the Hurricane blew them, while here in COD if you can place a few bullets in the wing or in the fuselage is a success!
    But I have to admit that I have not yet done the best two important setups:

The convergence of weapons on the BF109 E4

The sensitivity of the joystick

For these two setups I ask you for help!!

The dynamics of flight compared to IL2 1946 I can not yet judge it because I flew exclusively on the Fw190, but anyway I noticed that on 109 on takeoff and landing the behavior is very dynamic in the sense that you have to commit to the bottom. In Flight When you run the narrow tack the 109 has less tendency to stall but I anyway with the 190 I had to always be careful. I have yet to check the stall speed in the various configurations. I have disabled the movement of the head because it puts a strain on the possibility of aiming. When I can set the rudder correctly with the response of the Joystick I will activate it.
    I also tried the Mission planner but for that I can not yet give a judgement.

Well guys I thank you again for the help you want me to give and I thank the guys who support the development of this simulator.

14. Likes Startrek66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Why are you using 4.312 instead of 4.5?
    The simulator I bought it on Steam and the update that made me is Teamfusion update. In the library I also have the Blitz version, but I read that someone had problems and so I did not want to install it. This version 4.5 that you say is the Blitz?

EdTracker-T.16000 -Win10

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

The simulator I bought it on Steam and the update that made me is Teamfusion update. In the library I also have the Blitz version, but I read that someone had problems and so I did not want to install it. This version 4.5 that you say is the Blitz?
    Yea Blitz is the version everyone is playing. For now it is patch 4.53
    Dont listen to others. Try it yourself

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    Yea Blitz is the version everyone is playing. For now it is patch 4.53
    Dont listen to others. Try it yourself
    You're right. I will download Blitz edition from steam. I ask you if a new installation will be made or will the version 4.312 be deleted and replaced?

I ask you if patch 4.53 will be available on Steam or will I have to download it from Atag?

Thanks

EdTracker-T.16000 -Win10

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Hi Startrek and welcome.
    Blitz will create a separate installation in your Steamapps folder so u can just leave the old version in there. Most of us have deleted it however as Blitz is the new and better version.
    However u would do well to move the old 1C Softclub folder in Documents or just rename it like "Old1C Sofclub" or "4.321C Softclub" before u install the new Blitz edition.
    For any CloD version make sure u disable "Steam cloud" once it is installed. Steam cloud creates problems.
    U will need to re-map your controls as the Blitz version recognises your actual controllers and need to be mapped.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

19. Likes Startrek66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

You're right. I will download Blitz edition from steam. I ask you if a new installation will be made or will the version 4.312 be deleted and replaced?
    No changes in 4.312, Blitz (4.53) is installed in different folder (inside SteamApps) and use a different folder in Documents\1c... and make a different entry in Steam interface.

To install, in Steam interface look in you Game Library for "il-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz".

BTW - Are confuse instructions about rename folders, but this was not necessary. Just ignore this.

21. Likes Startrek66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

Hi guys I installed the blitz version of the game. Actually a new folder has been created that only concerns the blitz version. I've deleted the Steam option for participating in beta versions. Is it necessary to rename the base version clod folder? for now all is well, the frame rates remained about the same and this is very important. I do not know enough clod to evaluate the improvements.
    Thanks

EdTracker-T.16000 -Win10

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

If you uncheck Beta in Steam 4.312 install will be reverted for "vanila" (12/2012) - for the case want use this, if not uninstall all.

For install Bliz is only necessary click in "IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz" in STEAM Game Library and nothing more.