Thread: Reinstalled Blitz but now colours are altered sea lacks the green and Ju88 likewise

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Reinstalled Blitz but now colours are altered sea lacks the green and Ju88 likewise

Hi,
    has v4.53 introduced changes to colours beyond what 4.5 gave as something has definitely changed suddenly for me.

I have copy pasted Blitz from C drive and Steam from D drive before uninstalling then reinstalling Blitz from Steam to fix a dead sim caused by Steam.

I need to know what version I was running prior to this reinstall.

Is there anyway of looking into those 'backups' and establishing what version I was running ?

Would Blitz have received the latest update when launching steam this last few months or does one have to select update manually ?

I wasnt aware of anything installing to my pc. Steam is on D drive and vanilla MOD and Blitz folders are on C drive my docs etc.

After the reinstall I see I am now 4.53 and I immediately noticed a change in FMB, white edges to all the grey panelling, white arrows on drop down buttons, the blue lettering on the aircraft on the map is thinner than before, things have changed there thats for sure.

Is this a known change and indicative of difference between 4.5 and 4.53 ?

In depth new testing negates my earlier fears of changes to colours losing the green of sea and camo, port wing over can see directional changes in ac which might just have accounted for it though using same movement every time, ...tests now done exact same for same shots no change to camo slight change to sea in oblique but plan view seems same so concerns buried.

BOBC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BOBC; Apr-01-2018 at 17:10.

varrattu

Re: Reinstalled Blitz but now colours are altered sea lacks the green and Ju88 likewi

Your values describe a non-linear relationship, smells like deviation comming form Reshade / SweetFX or other color correction / overlay / tweaking software. Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to worry about color management? Please double check.

Software that supports color profiles will assume that images without an embedded profile are in the sRGB profile. Software that doesn't support color profiles will use monitor's profile, which is most likely to be sRGB as well.

Almost all games were designed to be displayed in the sRGB color profile. When displayed correctly, they look the same on a high-end “wide gamut” monitor as on an average sRGB monitor.

Please choose sRGB color space when editing templates and calibrate your display at sRGB's 6500K (D65). Prepare templates that are gamma 2.2-corrected. If images are not gamma 2.2-corrected, they allocate too many bits or too much bandwidth to highlights that people can't differentiate, and too few bits or bandwidth to shadow values that people are sensitive to, and so would require more bits or bandwidth to maintain the same visual quality. In Photoshop use Convert to Profile… and choose sRGB IEC61966. (When “Saving for Web” check the Convert to sRGB option.)

~V~
    Last edited by varrattu; Apr-03-2018 at 08:18. Reason: Some minor changes

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Reinstalled Blitz but now colours are altered sea lacks the green and Ju88 likewi

any updates if you were able to fix the issue?