Thread: Problem/Cause/Solution

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Problem/Cause/Solution

Something like this for troubleshooting problems with Cliffs of Dover, may help people to solve their own issues.

It can be hard to search through so much useful information to find solutions to specific problems.

A few master lists for problems have been created over the years, but I haven't seen a layout like this one.

https://imgur.com/a/5j5DW

I don't have the technical expertise to lead this, but I can certainly help obtain information from this technical corner to add to the list.

Would this help?
    Last edited by DRock; Apr-06-2018 at 17:00.

2. Likes ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Re: Problem/Cause/Solution

I think the idea of having a comprehensive mega-guide sticky in the technical corner updated for 4.5 was floated over at the beta tester forums. Separate it up into sections maybe - a post for initial setup, one for technical stuff, one for aircraft specifications/guides etc.

For the technical one, compile all the common issues together and direct people at that. If they can't find their issue, give them a format in which to report it, e.g include specs, .dmp file, event log and so forth. I think technical information is a little too dispersed on this forum and is resultantly difficult to find and rather daunting for both new and experienced players alike.

I'd be more than happy to contribute towards such a guide if it is made.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

4. Likes DRock, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Re: Problem/Cause/Solution

I think it's a great idea as well. Even if it was something like Lewis's welcome post. Kind of like troubleshooting tree. Game fails on launch.. try this or this. Game launches and plays, but crashes shortly after, try this and this. Game runs and plays fine, but stutters and lags. Try this and this to help your problems. Along with recommended computer specs and game settings.

And have it in its own section Highlighted and easily found by a new player that's never been here before. It's easy for them to see the cht bar and say my games not working. That's not a bad thing..but many players aren't even trying to look because it is so spread out and buried. At least we can just grab that link easily and point them in the right direction. Or maybe it's possible to have the server chatbox toss up the link automatically every so long.
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Apr-07-2018 at 10:15.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis