Thread: gunner settings

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

gunner settings

hey gang what are you guys using for rear gunner settings. I used to have a separate profile and specific controller for the rear guns

I hear guys going straight from flying into a rear gun position, are they using the mouse and key board, cause my controller won't work as its programed to the flying part

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

2. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Re: gunner settings

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knuckles View Post
    hey gang what are you guys using for rear gunner settings. I used to have a separate profile and specific controller for the rear guns

I hear guys going straight from flying into a rear gun position, are they using the mouse and key board, cause my controller won't work as its programed to the flying part
    Hey Knuckles,

I use a pretty basic control set up in the 110 but its been so long dince i set it up that i cant remember exactly how i set it up.

Once i jump in the rear gun the mouse moves the gun and the fire button on my joystick fires the rear gun. When i fire the rear gun my fwd MGs also fire which is prob not the best but seeing i have a thousand rounds per front MG (i think) it not that big of a deal. I think i set the mouse speed to 2 and there's a setting that requires setting/unsetting that enables the gun to be slewed while firing.

My joystick and rudder pedals are still functional when im in the rear gun so i can still fly the 110. Takes some practice but flying the 110 backwards is good fun and can make it harder for any attacker on my 6.

Not sure if this is what you are after but maybe its helpful

Anytime you want to ride in my backseat there's a spot for you. Squid spent some time today in my backseat and had fun and shot down some nasty reds trying to spoil our fun.

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

I use a similar setup to Ezzie but to fire just the rear gun while in the back seat I set the mouse button to "fire selected weapon' in the controls.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

thanks guys that will give me a start

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

I use the rear gunner in the Bf 110 in this way ( I'm right handed )

Right Hand

I use a 5 key mouse and I've set the keys in this way:

- Middle wheel = Zoom in

- Left button = Zoom out

- Right button = Fire gun

- Lower button #4 ( This key is a small one placed on the left side of the mouse that I normally use with the right thumb ) = Center view with TrackIR5

- Lower button #5 ( This key is a small one placed on the left side of the mouse that I normally use with the right thumb ) = Precision mode on\off with TrackIR5

Left hand ( Note that I have edited the confUser.ini file so to have the zoom in\out function both available on the right ( mouse ) and left hand ( throttle\stick ) )

Mini Joystick 1 = Zoom in\ out function

I've set a key on the throttle to switch manually between pilot and gunner position and another one, always on the throttle, to open and close the rear canopy quickly. ( this is needed because due to a game bug not yet fixed every time that you will meet an enemy AI raid or a human flown medium bomber\heavy fighter the rear gunner will automatically close the rear canopy rendering impossible to fire )

I use the stick both with right and the left hand depending on the situation so I've set on it a key to return to the pilot position using it so to maintain the rear gunner under AI control ( the equivalent of hitting ALT+F2 when in the rear gunner position ) when I'm in the pilot position ( so the gunner will continue to report enemy incoming contacts ).

Last but not least on the stick I've set a key also to enable\disable the TrackIR5 ( because in my opinion the rear gun is more precise when you use it without TrackIR5 )

You can find additional and detailed information about how to use the rear gunner at the link provided below ( a my post about it when I was using my old username )

LINK: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=15960 ( ← Clickable Link! )
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Apr-07-2018 at 16:28.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

7. Likes 159BAG_Koksa, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Molders: really appreciate all that info ,it will be very useful , you are now forgiven for shooting down my Blenheim many times

9. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post