Thread: User ini file

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

User ini file

Before Blitz came along it used to be that you could copy and paste your user ini file with different configurations of ammo and loadouts. Now with Blitz I cant seem to get the sim to recognize them. I have the default loadout no matter what I copy and paste in the main folder which is now, instead of my documents, found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz ( I still have the my documents ic softclub folders in my documents ) Is there a new location for the working user ini file or something that I'm missing? Or are the loadouts now called something else in another location?
    Can someone help me out with this?
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Re: User ini file

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.Hill View Post
    Before Blitz came along it used to be that you could copy and paste your user ini file with different configurations of ammo and loadouts. Now with Blitz I cant seem to get the sim to recognize them. I have the default loadout no matter what I copy and paste in the main folder which is now, instead of my documents, found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz ( I still have the my documents ic softclub folders in my documents ) Is there a new location for the working user ini file or something that I'm missing? Or are the loadouts now called something else in another location?
    Can someone help me out with this?
    Thank you
    You're pasting in the wrong area.

Paste user.ini in
    MY COMPUTER>DOCUMENTS>1CSOFTCLUB>IL2 folder

3. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Use the folder ...:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\

The game don't use .INI inside Steamapps.. folder, these are just backup.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Thanks
    Got it fixed. Part of the problem too was I had to redo all of it if I didn't fly for say a week. When I would start to fly all of my controls were reset to default so I would have to reset everything again. I found out that you need to disable the steam cloud synchronization. And now it doesn't change back to default.

6. Likes DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Hi guys
    Is there a setting in the user.ini file to enable contacts to render in a little earlier?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JackMaXX View Post
    Hi guys
    Is there a setting in the user.ini file to enable contacts to render in a little earlier?
    Nope. But some people lower their resolution which makes the dots appear larger... And so easier to spot earlier.

But then you have crummy graphics. That's the last thing i want. But.... Im told it works....

A wing man or two helps a lot in contact spotting!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

9. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Search in the forum for

mp_dotrange

And change in your RCU file - in Documents\1C Soft... Dover\

11. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.Hill View Post
    Thanks
    Got it fixed. Part of the problem too was I had to redo all of it if I didn't fly for say a week. When I would start to fly all of my controls were reset to default so I would have to reset everything again. I found out that you need to disable the steam cloud synchronization. And now it doesn't change back to default.
    I know this is a rather old post, but I have been confused with the Steam Cloud and user.ini as well.

Just to let other players know about this, before you disable steam Cloud save and edit your own user.ini offline, if you wish to recover current loadout settings, you can access Steam Cloud files in a web browser (NOT Steam client) and download the pre existing user.ini there. Saves a lot of trouble.

Screenshot (87).png
    Last edited by Messtin; Feb-22-2021 at 06:25.