Thread: Can't seems to change loadouts in CoD Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Can't seems to change loadouts in CoD Blitz

Hi all,

This is probably been asked a billion times but I can't seem to change load out for my campaign missions no matter what I do. I just bought and installed Blitz from Steam

I tried changing the belt using FMB (copying the .mis for a campaign mission from steamapp and put it into Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover and edited it using FMB as a quick mission). When I go back to the game and load up the mission in Quick Mission and I checked the load out it's still the same as default.

I tried using the load out tool from https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=11555 and I can see the user.ini is modified with the correct load but when I get to the game all the Spit and Hurr are still using the default load out.

Also, I don't have Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD like a lot of you guys said. All I have is Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover (non-MOD).

Am I missing something here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Can't seems to change loadouts in CoD Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by vincentmoy View Post
    Hi all,

This is probably been asked a billion times but I can't seem to change load out for my campaign missions no matter what I do. I just bought and installed Blitz from Steam

I tried changing the belt using FMB (copying the .mis for a campaign mission from steamapp and put it into Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover and edited it using FMB as a quick mission). When I go back to the game and load up the mission in Quick Mission and I checked the load out it's still the same as default.

I tried using the load out tool from https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=11555 and I can see the user.ini is modified with the correct load but when I get to the game all the Spit and Hurr are still using the default load out.

Also, I don't have Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD like a lot of you guys said. All I have is Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover (non-MOD).

Would recommend you have a look at the Beginner's Guide, it will explain loadouts and quite a number of other aspects of CoD:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...t=5058&p=52711

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

If you are flying the Hurricane and/or Spitfire you can try this tool made by StiC.

It works very well and makes settitng up your guns very easy.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...t=loadout+tool
    Last edited by farley; Apr-12-2018 at 08:04.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post
    If you are flying the Hurricane and/or Spitfire you can try this tool made by StiC.

It works very well and makes settitng up your guns very easy.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...t=loadout+tool
    That's the tool I used.

But like I said in my post, I saved it to the user.ini in my "Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" (non-MOD) folder and it's not changing a thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Maybe Windows UAC are prevent save changes in .INI files, try running the config tool "As administrator".

Or maybe you have STEAM Cloud enabled for CloD, so when start the game are download the old User.INI from the Cloud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Does the file have to be changed to read only after making the changes?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TNScones View Post
    Does the file have to be changed to read only after making the changes?
    No.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    809.23 MB

Quote Originally Posted by vincentmoy View Post
    Hi all,

Old post but if anyone wanted the answer to why this happens"When I go back to the game and load up the mission in Quick Mission and I checked the load out it's still the same as default."

Answerthis applies to all single player missions, not mutiplayer)
    Game has built in quick missions and you can't edit these(or change their load outs) , you can only save a copy and edit the copy. (ALL loadouts are fixed to what they where assigned to when the mission is saved)
    If u edit a mission in FMB save it to missions folder (plural not "mission" ), the loadout that is saved in the FMB will be saved (ie its fixed to the loadout created in FMB always) , and it can't be changed outside the FMB (at time of running the mission.

ALWAYS, custom loadouts are ignored for single player missions(they are not used). So use the FMB to change the mission file to the loadout you want.

so it means all built in quick mission can only ever have a default loadout (game ignores the custom loadouts), HOWEVER all missions created on FMB (including edited copies of quick missions) can have the loadout changed.

If you change ammunition loadout or pilot setting in extras menu (pilot or plane option) this is only usable in multiplayer not single player..

So if u want to use a custom loadout for any single player mission you have to use the FMB to edit it , save it and the loadout you assigned in FMB is saved with the mission(and if u want to change it again, you have to resave it from the FMB)
    (BTW in FMB you can load into a plane any loadouts created in the extra/plane menu option while editing a mission or create a custom one here to (FMB lets you load and created loadouts for planes, they are just fixed on the mission at time of saving them to the one you assigned in FMB)

(Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover)
    Also the "mission" folder is where you will find any saved quick missions but FMB can only see missions saved under the "missions" (plural) folder. (so you have to move the copy there first to edit it)
    (look up docs vids on using the FMB and it explains how the folders work in Cliffs (its kind of clunky and akward, as FMB is based (almost the same as) on the very old il-2 1946 )
    Last edited by Stix; Aug-25-2019 at 04:48.

9. Likes farley, ATAG_Noofy, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Thanks for this Stix.

I certainly enjoyed using your RAF Loadout Manager back in the "old days".

That was brilliant!

EDIT: Think it was made by your brother Stic wasn't it? (Haven't seen him for a long time... )

Either way, thanks for today's post.
    Last edited by farley; Aug-25-2019 at 08:50.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Stix View Post
    Game has built in quick missions and you can't edit these(or change their load outs) , you can only save a copy and edit the copy.
    Well, adding confusion for this confuse matter.

How "easy" edit QM:

Move or copy move all files from

...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission\Quick

for a new folder e.g. named 2Edit, the # put the folder in top o list making easy find then inside FMB inside

...\Documentos\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single\2Edit

This make all Quick Missions visible for FMB allowing edit.

After edit copy this news files for

...\Documentos\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\quick

Pay attention, this time the folder is mission, not missions

Game engine look for Quick Mission files from Documents\1c... folder first, if don't find any there, search in SteamApps, that "canned" default.

"Advanced" users" can just add manually new loadout created in GiX Loadout tool to QM files using Notepad.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-26-2019 at 10:49.

12. Likes Dauntless, Stix liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    330.81 MB

"Advanced" users" can just add manually new loadout created in GiX Loadout tool to QM files using Notepad.“

What are QM files and where do I find them in order to add manual loadouts using Notepad?

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Quote Originally Posted by WWIIBuff65 View Post
    "What are QM files and where do I find them in order to add manual loadouts using Notepad?
    Hi WWIIBuff65,

Quick mission files are located in the game installation folder.

Blitz Quick missions are here (in my case):
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission\Quick

Tobruk Quick missions here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\tobruk\mission\Quick

Mission data is in the .mis files.

If you have problem to find the right folders, try searching for "004 - London Sightseeing.mis" for example.

I suggest you to copy the .mis files (as well as other related files if you want also mission briefings and pictures) to the game folder in your Documents folder first:
    \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single

You will find the copied missions under Single missions in the game, not under Quick missions.

If you change some files in the game Steam folder, your changes may be lost - they can be overwritten by some of the future game updates. Files in the Documents folder are not updated so your changes are safe here.

If you're not familiar with the mission data structure, I suggest using the game Mission builder. It is not so difficult and it's less likely you break something in the mission.

Josef

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    330.81 MB

QM = Quick Missions. Thanks, Josef — very helpful! Would I be able to change loadouts in Single and Campaign missions using the same process?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    330.81 MB

…that is, assuming I would have to go into the mission (not missions) file for the Campaign and Single Missions folders.
    Last edited by WWIIBuff65; Jul-25-2021 at 16:27. Reason: Correction

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

QM = Quick Missions. Thanks, Josef — very helpful! Would I be able to change loadouts in Single and Campaign missions using the same process?
    …that is, assuming I would have to go into the mission (not missions) file for the Campaign and Single Missions folders.
    Hi WWIIBuff65,

yes, you can change all missions in the game - both single ones, and campaigns. A campaign is a set of single missions in fact.

But it is more difficult with the campaigns. If you change campaign missions that are in the Steam folder, your changes can be lost n the future. And moving a whole campaign to the Documents folder is more complicated. A campaign has several files in several folders. I'm not completely sure because I haven't tried to change anything in any campaign yet but I think some files are shared by more (maybe even all?) campaigns.

User made campaigns have been discussed here on the forum. Look for posts from Artist (he is one of the TFS developers) or 1lokos. Or you can try asking them.

Josef