Thread: Feature Request: Skins included in game should be visible even with custom skins off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Feature Request: Skins included in game should be visible even with custom skins off.

It would be really nice if we could select any of the skins from the list of already installed skins for our planes to use on multiplayer servers with custom skins disabled. Since everyone has these skins installed on their computers already it wouldn't be as hard on performance as totally custom skins that only one person has installed?

It's a bit boring seeing the exact same skins for all 109 E4s or seeing those yellow wingtips on all of the E3s. I really like flying a 109 without any yellow at all and it's too bad that even though everyone has these awesome skins downloaded we can't see them if servers have disabled custom skins. (You'd think it would only affect actual custom skins but no, it doesn't let you use any of the skins included in the game and we only see the default skin.)

Bugtracker link: https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/1078

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Re: Feature Request: Skins included in game should be visible even with custom skins

+1.
    Only issue I can see right now though is the folders with skins in them could be easily modified - e.g, if all skins were uploaded from local storage then it would be easy for someone who wanted an edge over their opponent to paint all enemy aircraft bright red. If you move them to serverside storage then you just get the same issue of uploading stutters that means we can only have one per plane anyway.
    There would have to be a way of locking away the main skin folders but also having a custom skin folder if you wanted modded skins.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

3. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Re: Feature Request: Skins included in game should be visible even with custom skins

I just wana have the shark mouth on my 110

5. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Thread revive here but I wanted to raise this issue once again - there's recently been some talk of custom skins, and I think if we found a way to enable these built in skins into multiplayer without enabling completely CUSTOM skins people would be quite happy with the increased variety but without the downsides of lag/stutters when loading skins or crazy unhistorical skins like orange Hurricanes etc

7. Likes Gingerbread liked this post