Thread: re-learning question

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

re-learning question

It has been a loooong time since I was flying in game. What German plane would be the easiest to get started... so far I haven't been able to get off the ground yet. I love bombers but they don't seem to be the right choice to start with...

Thanks for any info!

Gravity hunts me down more than any plane ever has!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: re-learning question

Select the Quick Mission - Cross Country.

Click over Blenheim picture and select Stuka, is easy to take-off.

After get used try Bf 109, 110, and Luftwaffe medium bombers, He-111, Ju88.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Apr-14-2018 at 14:49.

3. Likes Rat Meat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

ju-87 Stuka

5. Likes Rat Meat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well, I just figured out the settings on my stick and rudder pedals were totally jacked up. I didn't really look at the sensitivity settings and dead bands, No wonder I was having problems.

I was able to get the Stuka in the air finally. I need to work on the rudder pedals set up more, I am doing way to much fishtailing down the run ways.

Thanks for the help!

7. Likes DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Meat View Post
    Well, I just figured out the settings on my stick and rudder pedals were totally jacked up. I didn't really look at the sensitivity settings and dead bands, No wonder I was having problems.

I was able to get the Stuka in the air finally. I need to work on the rudder pedals set up more, I am doing way to much fishtailing down the run ways.

Thanks for the help!
    I run at 0.25 on both axis.. And 0.75 on rudder. Feels good.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

9. Likes Rat Meat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you for the readings. I will check where mine are at and try those out!

11. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Thank you for the readings. I will check where mine are at and try those out!
    No probs. ATAG_Dave coined it best. Ignore the word sensitiving.... And assume it says damping. 0% is basically the most sensitive. Tgat on rudder is nigh on impossible to control.

I set mine at 100% (1.00) and worked back!.

For rudder i find anything between 0.75 and 1.00 is fine.

Less than that and its gets increasingly tricky.

Its dependant on you as well... And your gear... So play around! There is no right.... Only not as wrong.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

13. Likes Rat Meat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I am using a CH fighterstick and Saitek Pro Flight pedals. I like the Elevators and Alieron settings but I am going to add a bit more to the rudders for turning on the ground just a bit.

Other than that those settings work great!

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

I am using a CH fighterstick and Saitek Pro Flight pedals. I like the Elevators and Alieron settings but I am going to add a bit more to the rudders for turning on the ground just a bit.

Other than that those settings work great!

Thanks again.
    More sensitivity on rudders may not help you. Taxiing is hard because of the wind, not lack of rudder control.

Most fighters will pivot on the wheels and turn on a dime. Try adding a little brake power with throttle to keep slow and increase airflow across that rudder.

Good luck and have fun.
    Last edited by DRock; Apr-16-2018 at 18:40.

16. Likes Rat Meat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    More sensitivity on rudders my not help you. Taxiing is hard because of the wind, not lack of rudder control.

Most fighters will pivot on the wheels and turn on a dime. Try adding a little brake power with throttle to keep slow and increase airflow across that rudder.

Good luck and have fun.
    Absolutely !

Also..

The allied aircraft have differntial brakes...

Basically system which uses the rudders as a flow control on the hydraulic lines.

With the brake on and full right rudder only the right wheel brakes... full left rudder and only the left wheel brakes...

and all varients of "rudder brake flow tap thingamy whatnots (tm)" between.

Axis aircraft have individual toe brakes... same effect with a different system... brakes are crucial to low speed taxi-ing manouvers
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Apr-16-2018 at 17:29.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

18. Likes DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Funny about is that moving the "sensitivity" slider for right are not increasing the control authority, but "dampening" the joystick input send for game controls - see in the green bars.

20. Likes ATAG_Highseas, Rat Meat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

When completely stopped ( or at a crawl) and full brake and rudder applied, the British planes will turn sharply.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

22. Likes Rat Meat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Fishtailing on takeoff is more often a result of too much throttle than anything else.

Too much throttle results in a lot of torque and the aircraft will lurch in one direction, the player over-corrects with the rudder and that sets up a pattern.

Try starting with 50% throttle, get rolling straight, then gradually feed in more throttle till you are at 100%... no need to use WEP power.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    687.68 MB

all aircraft have their own ways just a matter of trying different things

25. Likes Rat Meat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

All great info! Thanks !

I have the toe brakes set up and they work pretty well on taxi turning. The take off was more due to what was said above (thanks!) in that too much throttle too fast caused more issues than anything.

I may actually try and do a bombing run now that I can take off and land in the Stuka. No offense to the allies but I just like the German bombers more really. Its more looks than performance.

Thanks to all for the help and info!

27. Likes farley liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

I've been away from COD for awhile, and I've spent yesterday, off and on, trying to re-find how to display frames per second on the COD/Blitz screen. I'd be grateful for any help.
    System:
    EVGA P55 FTW SLI / Intel Core i7 875K 2.93GHz / nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB / 16GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 7 64bit
    Flight gear:
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / TrackIR 5 / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / CH Flight SIM Yoke

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

In an open info window that has console input/output active, select to type to the console, rather than ALL, ENEMY, so on, then type in
    Code:
    fps START SHOW

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Spiritus Mortum, thanks for your information. Please forgive my fumbling. I find I've forgotten more than I thought; "Console input/output active," how do I do that?

Stormrider, thank you, too, for your response, and your alternative. It was easy to go to the rcu file and make the changes. However, when I press the shift tab keys, the screen darkens and the game freezes. The only way out is alt/tab/del and start all over. The 1C source you included sent me to to the game's OPTIONS/Activate Console window which had no commands. There the Shift/Tab command caused the screen to darken and the game to freeze.

I'm missing something, but I don't know what. Anything either of you can add would be appreciated.
    System:
    EVGA P55 FTW SLI / Intel Core i7 875K 2.93GHz / nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB / 16GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 7 64bit
    Flight gear:
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / TrackIR 5 / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / CH Flight SIM Yoke

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

have you asigned keys to "activate console"?console.jpg

that post Iam referring to is a few years old, from the time we had a seperate TF mod folder.

So - edit the file "rcu" found in your "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD" folder (the one in documents - 1c softclub) with notepad and add the following lines ---
    must be
    So - edit the file "rcu" found in your "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder (the one in documents - 1c softclub) with notepad and add the following lines ---
    Last edited by Stormrider; Jul-28-2018 at 15:37.
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Stormrider,
    Thanks again for the reply. I finally resolved the problem. I used the old way.
    I made sure I'd added to the rcu file in the Mods version in my 1C Soft Club Folder, but the Shift Tab eludes me. I open the game, got to the mission, open it, fly.
    In each of these steps, when I press the Shift Tab keys, the screen darkens several shades, and the game freezes and locks the computer up. The only way out is the Alt-Ctrl-Del command. What am I not understanding?
    Thanks for your time
    System:
    Flight gear:

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Check steam, maybe Shift-Tab also activates the 'Steam Overlay' function?

35. Likes Stormrider liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.42 MB

Red face Re: re-learning question

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    Check steam, maybe Shift-Tab also activates the 'Steam Overlay' function?
    you are right, I have also Shift-Tab to activate the steam-overlay by default but disabled all the overlay functions in steam. because Clod does't like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

"I made sure I'd added to the rcu file in the Mods version in my 1C Soft Club Folder,"

Sorry if I'm stupid, but as far as I know, if you are playing 'Blitz' the 'Mod' folder is completely irrelevant.
    This was only used for the TFS Versions up to 4.312. Since Blitz (4.5) was released there is no Mod anymore all all you do should be done in the folder named 'il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover'.

I hope this helps, if not I wish you the best of luck that somebody who knows what he is talking about will find a solution.

S!

DerDa