Thread: Pan/Mouse View Speed

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.23 MB

Snap/Mouse View Speed

Hello guys,

I've been setting my views between a ministick that emulates my mouse (JoyToKey) and some specific snap views in a POV hat switch. Everything works great but it seems to move a little slow. I'm actually ok with the speed of the free look or independent view that emulates the mouse but I'd like my snap views to be faster. I've been searching for a way to speed it up but I didn't come across anything that works for me.
    I've tried changing the mouse sensitivity here:

conf.ini

[rts_mouse]
    SensitivityX=1.0
    SensitivityY=1.0
    SensitivityZ=1.0
    Invert=0
    SwapButtons = 0

It does change the sensitivity but somehow it seems that there's a max "head speed" in game that doesn't allow for it to move any faster.

Next thing I found was to change this value:

confUser.ini

[Config viewSet]
    AzimutSpeed=0.1
    TangageSpeed=0.1
    LenSpeed=0.1
    MinLen=1.0
    DefaultLen=20.0
    MaxLen=30000.0
    Speed=6
    Offset=2

..but that didn't seem to have any effect regarding what I was trying to achieve.

Is there a way to have your snap views work fast to look at your 6 in a quick way?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Nars; May-02-2018 at 12:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Re: Pan/Mouse View Speed

Hello Nars,

I'm not using snap view but pan. And I use the Target software of Thrustmaster to pan the view to my six so it should be possible with Joy2Key.

Mine is still a work in progress so it's not perfect.

To put the view at my six, I flip a hat switch either to the left or right.

For instance, flipping the hat switch to the left has Target repeat the Num4 key four times in order to put the view at my six. Flipping the hat switch to the right repeats Num6 key the same to return to my 12 o'clock.

I use another hat switch for the snap view.

Hope you get it set up the way you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.23 MB

Hey TNScones,

Thanks for the reply. It's actually a great idea to do it in sequencial pan views, but the result is the same: one click that puts the view to 6 o'clock. The problem is that it's still "turning the pilot's head" quite slowly. What I'd like to achieve is an instant look at my 6 and then get back at center view in a moment as well. If it's not instantaneous at least I'd like it to be a little faster, not just for the quick glance at my 6 but also because this slow head turning makes me a little dizzy. In real life when you want to look at something you don't look at everything that's in between your current position and the objective . Of course, I know it's a sim and we are looking at a screen, but I just wanted to make sure if there's some way to costumize it a bit.

Has anyone encountered the same issue? How do you non-HeadTrackers manage your views? Did you get used to CloD's "head turning" speed?

Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Nars; May-03-2018 at 05:33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

You don't have much option to deal with CloD Camera (the worst in actual flight games) other than mouse emulation in Joy2key, Xpadder.. both has some "acceleration" on their settings, but nothing for an "instant 6 view".

The ancient NewView more or less allow this what you want, but is no longer compatible after latest patch due be a 32 bits software, the developer (Russian) propose a cooperation with CloD developers for improve camera control. But don't hope in this, most of MP players actually use "headtrack", so priorities for work in HAT view is certainly very low - if existent.

Anyway try creating custom Snap View with XPadder (registered version), similar to:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=26076

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.23 MB

Thanks for clarifying that! Your older post about the camera views has helped me with emulating the mouse on a POV for a smooth view. I was able to set "lean right and left" too, which is very nice to have. So, thank you a lot for that info. Shame that we can't have a way to have instant views, but I'll learn to live with it