Don't Play In The Search Lights

Well, I played around too long .....lol

https://youtu.be/nHxeKbOcB1U

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Re: Don't Play In The Search Lights

Looks nice. Would be nice to have that quality in CLOD nightfighter missions.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post

BoX Search lights seem to have no problem shining through clouds...
    But unlike Blitz at least everyone can see the same clouds in BoX Will the clouds ever get fixed in Blitz? I don't mean like the flying through trees 'fix' that Blitz got or the mirrors 'fix' that Blitz got either but fixed fixed - as in working like they should?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Arthursmedley View Post
    But unlike Blitz at least everyone can see the same clouds in BoX Will the clouds ever get fixed in Blitz? I don't mean like the flying through trees 'fix' that Blitz got or the mirrors 'fix' that Blitz got either but fixed fixed - as in working like they should?
    We can see the same clouds, just some people have extended clouds (clouds in the distance) disabled for performance reasons.

However I don't like the 2D shape that turns with your head and obscuring the vision when flying through it.

5. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    We can see the same clouds, just some people have extended clouds (clouds in the distance) disabled for performance reasons.

However I don't like the 2D shape that turns with your head and obscuring the vision when flying through it.
    Yes, it would be nice if clouds were actual 3d volume rather than 2d sprites.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

The CoD trees are more realistic in many ways than the BoX variety.

Only the trunk will cause damage in CoD... not the leaves... and the aircraft does not explode instantly... it can take partial damage. In BoX contacting any part, including leaves will destroy the aircraft.

As has been mentioned, the difference in tree numbers is due to people having the option to reduce their numbers to improve performance... we could make that mandatory... but where would that leave players with lower performance systems?

Same with clouds... due to people turning off an option to improve performance.

The mirrors work in most instances... and if you make a point of starting the game and aircraft in Single player, then flying multiplayer, you will have no problems. We expect a permanent fix for TF 5.0.

In any case TF and CoD is a work in progress... we hope to improve every aspect of the game.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; May-04-2018 at 14:31.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

You and I must have different versions of BoX Buzzsaw - or perhaps you don't have any version at all - as in my game interacting with trees can produce a variety of outcomes ranging from no damage at all, to a single bent propellor blade or to the tree itself being pushed over.

The rest of your explanation regarding Blitz and the problems it has with clouds and trees merely confirms how far behind this game is being allowed to fall in regards to developments elsewhere.

Btw; every flight sim is a work in progress. Some however seem to progress more than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

You and I must have different versions of BoX Buzzsaw - or perhaps you don't have any version at all - as in my game interacting with trees can produce a variety of outcomes ranging from no damage at all, to a single bent propellor blade or to the tree itself being pushed over.

The rest of your explanation regarding Blitz and the problems it has with clouds and trees merely confirms how far behind this game is being allowed to fall in regards to developments elsewhere.

Btw; every flight sim is a work in progress. Some however seem to progress more than others.
    And of course, you will be able to assess TF 5.0 when it is released.

We do hope you will give the game consideration.

In the meantime, we will continue our work.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I just ask that we keep things civil here, please.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Zeb View Post
    Looks nice. Would be nice to have that quality in CLOD nightfighter missions.
    I would love more nightfighter missions in any platform. I enjoy the xtra challenge from navigating, spotting and landing.

12. Likes CarlMarks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Crazy how a flight sim with a full-time development studio behind it is more polished in certain aspects than CloD. You would think it would be the other way round right?

"So, the Sun is now a terrorist?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Bo'X searchlights and campfires are very well done, what I understand is why nigh time no, is always "fun moon", making searchlights, campfires pointless... Well maybe done in that way for allow... dogfights at night.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by TheVino3 View Post

Crazy how a flight sim with a full-time development studio behind it is more polished in certain aspects than CloD. You would think it would be the other way round right?
    What I do think is crazy is for the "leadership" of TFS to try and have a pop at another sim on these boards when the shortcomings of Blitz in a night enviroment are so glaringly obvious.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Don't start on BoX clouds: the aliasing effect produced for planes flying against them has caused me to ditch playing the career mode. Apparently it can't be fixed either. I really hope it's solved for Bodenplatte but as they're based on the same engine my prediction is that it won't.

I'm not a BoX hater btw, I know there's many elements of CloD that are in need of work/fixes. What really frustrates me is when players are just told to deal with it (by both devs and fanboys); it's not a big problem.

17. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

As one of the actors in that video I like both Blitz and BoX, they both have their strong points and weak points just like any other sim. Obviously neither are going to be perfect and while I've never seen a searchlight visible through cloud in Cliffs, the night environment does need a little tweaking - just like the way the clouds in BoX aren't perfect either. You should have heard us three earlier just when the sun was going down, we were all in jaw-dropping amazement at how incredible it looked.

The more observant of you may have noticed I did point out the searchlights in the video - to be honest, I don't think it merited anything more that the 'funky' comment I gave it. Both these sims are still under active development and a work in progress, I'm happy to have a little willing suspension of disbelief.

Anyway, back on topic. Nice video Jaydog

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker