Thread: TFS Update. TF5 skins: Gladiators part 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

TFS Update. TF5 skins: Gladiators part 2

Hi,
    Here are some more previews of the skins that will be included in TF5.

These first two skin were made on request. Thanks for the suggestions. I enjoyed making these.
    I'm not sure if I have time to do further requests, but I'm always open for suggestions, especially when it comes to particularity attractive schemes.

This is my favourite of the Gladiator camouflage patterns. It was not an uncommon scheme at the time, and quite striking compared to most WWII camouflage patterns.

Glad TF5 NZW a02s z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s38 z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s32 z.jpg

Glad TF5 NZW a02s06 z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s01 z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s04 z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s14 z.jpg

Glad TF5 NZW a03s16 z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s19 z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s22 z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s23 z.jpg

Glad TF5 NZW a03s24 z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s26 z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s27 z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s33 z.jpg

Glad TF5 NZW a03s35 z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s36 z z.jpgGlad TF5 NZW a03s28 z.jpg

Also by request. Pattle's Gladiator:

Glad TF4.5 OYK a03s09 z.jpgGlad TF4.5 OYK a03s z.jpgGlad TF4.5 OYK a03s02 z.jpgGlad TF4.5 OYK a03s03 z.jpg

Glad TF4.5 OYK a03s05 z.jpgGlad TF4.5 OYK a03s07 z.jpg

Here is an Orkney Islands based Gladiator:

Glad N2272 Orkney a12HeavyWearArm80pcB02s07 z.jpgGlad N2272 Orkney a12HeavyWearArm80pcB02s31 z.jpgGlad N2272 Orkney a12HeavyWearArm80pcB02s19 z.jpgGlad N2272 Orkney a12HeavyWearArm80pcB02s17 z.jpg

Glad N2272 Orkney a12HeavyWearArm80pcB02s15 z.jpgGlad N2272 Orkney a12HeavyWearArm80pcB02s03 z.jpgGlad N2272 Orkney a12HeavyWearArm80pcB02s22 z.jpg

Glad N2272 Orkney a12HeavyWearArm80pcB02s14 z.jpgGlad N2272 Orkney a12HeavyWearArm80pcB02s28 z.jpgGlad N2272 Orkney a12HeavyWearArm80pcB02s30 z.jpg

Thanks you for your attention,

Cheers, major_setback

Last edited by major_setback; May-12-2018 at 15:18.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Re: TFS Update. TF5 skins: Gladiators part 2

Lovely skins.
    They will add a lot to 5.0.

Thanks for your work and for the advanced screening!
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

3. Likes major_setback liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Lovely work?

Really looking forward to flying these with Pattle and the Rag Tags in the desert.

Thanks for posting.

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

5. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Great work as always
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

High quality work, Keith!

8. Likes major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Thanks for the skins, Setback!

Just a few questions.

Do you think that the implementation of the skins could be improved for TF5? In 4.5 lots of great new skins were added, especially the ones with roundels on them already as those roundels look more realistic than the default markings. However then if I want to use those skins I can't have any letters because it slaps the regular roundels on top of them. Perhaps the default roundels could be adjusted a bit?

The main thing I'd like to see is for all the skins that come with the game to be visible for all players if we select them in multiplayer, even if the server has disabled custom skins. It's quite boring when everybody has the same skin! A way would have to be found to just find the skin in the installation directory so it didn't cause lag when it loaded in for everyone. However to prevent abuse (someone painting all the enemy skins bright yellow or something) perhaps the skins included with the game could be in a separate folder that the user can't change? There would still be a folder for custom skins but those wouldn't show up in MP.

The other thing I'd like to see is more variation in the RAF markings. The Luftwaffe has lots of different sizes and shapes and colours of the numbering for their 109s, but all the Spits and Hurris have the same shaped and sized letters. Reference pictures show lots of different sizes and shapes of the letters and roundels depending on the squadron. (For instance I've seen pictures of 54 Squadron Spits with rather small letters and also some pictures of 32 Squadron Hurris with quite huge letters.) It would be cool if that could be implemented for 5.0.

Also one more comment, on a lot of your skins that you post I feel like the colours are quite faded and light. I can hardly tell the difference between the colours of the camouflage. Is that intentional? Other than that they are great!

10. Likes Cybermat47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

These look outstanding!

And to see you took the time to do Pat Pattle's 80 Squardon Gladiator. I am humbly stoked.

Made my day, and its only 8.20am in the morning!

Guess I have a new background on my computer!

Pattle

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    427.66 MB

Really first class artwork.

Thank you!

13. Likes major_setback liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Thanks for doing the 3 Sqn RAAF skin Major Setback - looks great!!

Ezzie

15. Likes major_setback liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Very nice. Lovely colors with regard to how they were rendered in the sun.

I like too how the nitrate dope is showing through. If the surface wasn't clean before topcoat, it would have fish-eyed like that. Sweet. Can't wait to fly it (like flying a souped up Stearman!).

-Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    Thanks for the skins, Setback!

Just a few questions.

Do you think that the implementation of the skins could be improved for TF5? In 4.5 lots of great new skins were added, especially the ones with roundels on them already as those roundels look more realistic than the default markings. However then if I want to use those skins I can't have any letters because it slaps the regular roundels on top of them. Perhaps the default roundels could be adjusted a bit?

The main thing I'd like to see is for all the skins that come with the game to be visible for all players if we select them in multiplayer, even if the server has disabled custom skins. It's quite boring when everybody has the same skin! A way would have to be found to just find the skin in the installation directory so it didn't cause lag when it loaded in for everyone. However to prevent abuse (someone painting all the enemy skins bright yellow or something) perhaps the skins included with the game could be in a separate folder that the user can't change? There would still be a folder for custom skins but those wouldn't show up in MP.

The other thing I'd like to see is more variation in the RAF markings. The Luftwaffe has lots of different sizes and shapes and colours of the numbering for their 109s, but all the Spits and Hurris have the same shaped and sized letters. Reference pictures show lots of different sizes and shapes of the letters and roundels depending on the squadron. (For instance I've seen pictures of 54 Squadron Spits with rather small letters and also some pictures of 32 Squadron Hurris with quite huge letters.) It would be cool if that could be implemented for 5.0.

Also one more comment, on a lot of your skins that you post I feel like the colours are quite faded and light. I can hardly tell the difference between the colours of the camouflage. Is that intentional? Other than that they are great!

I'll try and answer your questions:

A the moment we can't make make any promises about replacing the default roundels.

This is not possible for TF5.

Also one more comment, on a lot of your skins that you post I feel like the colours are quite faded and light. I can hardly tell the difference between the colours of the camouflage. Is that intentional? Other than that they are great
    Can you show examples? I know skins were too light in older skin updates, but anything posted within the last year that you think is too light I would like to see screenshots of - so I know what you mean.

Cheers, major_setback
    Last edited by major_setback; May-13-2018 at 12:26.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

18. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Beautiful skins !

Outstanding work

So looking forward to seeing the other skins

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

20. Likes ATAG_Pattle, major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

I wanna join the Rag Tags flying these for sure

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

You are welcome to join us anytime brother.

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knuckles View Post
    Come join the mad house Knuckles

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knuckles View Post
    I think we can accomodate that.

Tell me...

How did you do in free-style-sky-disco during basic training?

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Those Gladiator skins look amazing MS! Man! I can't wait! Keep up the great work!
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

26. Likes ATAG_Knight, major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

No problem there Knuckles you're welcome anytime .

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    34.48 MB

Wow, those Gladiators are fantastic. Is the model already in game a an AI, and made flyable? Or is it a completely new model for 5.0?

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Wow, those Gladiators are fantastic. Is the model already in game a an AI, and made flyable? Or is it a completely new model for 5.0?
    Was an AI, so the external was ready. Cockpit is completely new and has started the import process.

30. Likes 69th_Zeb, deep, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Update happening soon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Flyable Gladiator II is all finished, final touches on the different skins is being completed... you should see something with the next update... as well as other aircraft.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Thank you Buzzsaw