Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playtest Weekend Post Scriptum 26th May

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

Re: Playtest Weekend Post Scriptum 26th May

On a few occasions I sat in the TS Post Scriptum channel but no one joined at all.

I must admit the graphics are somewhat dated but this is more than offset by the way they are used. I actually felt that the use of the foliage and the general perspective is probably one of the most immersive FPS experiences I've had. Sure I've played FPS games with better, more realistic graphics or better effects but they always seem somehow detached, or the size/perspective feels wrong.

Enemy spotting and then identification is a nightmare and got me killed A LOT, but I suppose we're all a bit too used to scopes and zoom so I'm sure this will improve with practice. Some of the guns are very (excuse the pun) Hit and Miss, the Webley Pistol is a joke and trying to use the rifle at close range is not exactly an alternative.

We definitely need to organise TS next time so we can all get on the same servers.

2. Likes ATAG_Scones, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I definitely won't be playing with the vile mouthed brigade.

I have no time for them.

Quite happy shooting them though

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

4. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    Hi Mate

J2K works fine with joysticks- I "flew" my guy around the map for a couple of hours to test using my Mongoose. It didn't however overwrite any of the ingame (non adjustable/non optioned) Xbox one settings. This could eventually just be a matter of accessing some files somewhere or even a menu to be added but, for now at least you are left with what the devs have given you. What I could do with J2K was add to the in game profile (so aiming down sigh could be augmented with the zoom function) but it was glitchy at best.

I know in comparison with a lot of posts in this thread mine are a bit negative but the fact of the matter is that Unreal 4 IS an old engine and will only do so much. This is fine in itself but ive seen a few comments around the place about the high quality graphics. They are good, don't get me wrong, but compared to other more modern FPS titles they are a little dated.
    Thanks for the info, Boo,

I couldn't find the key strokes needed to get the zoom to work because I was too bogged down with other aspects of the game so I can't say if it was bugged or not.

I thought the graphics were quite good but then again I don't have any experience with any other modern FPS titles to make a comparison.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    I definitely won't be playing with the vile mouthed brigade.

I have no time for them.

Quite happy shooting them though
    I can't say encountered a great deal of the "vile mouthed brigade" during my time in the servers. A few expletives now and then but nothing other than that.

Perhaps I was on the right servers at that time. Haha!

Have watched a couple of videos on Youtube which showed some unpleasant language though.

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Yeah..I didn't encounter anything too vile.. but it's out there. Just the attitude of players is just so different than what we are used to with Clod. Run up to a vehicle and can't quite get in in a " reasonable " amount or time, will get you ridiculed or left in the dust running like ANDY in Toy story..chasing the truck. All the while the troops in the back laugh and point at you as you're reduced to a dot in the distance.. just saying..... it happens alot...to a friend of mine.. errr uuhh.." points in someone's general direction" whistling.....
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    Just the attitude of players is just so different than what we are used to with Clod. Run up to a vehicle and can't quite get in in a " reasonable " amount or time, will get you ridiculed or left in the dust running like ANDY in Toy story..chasing the truck. All the while the troops in the back laugh and point at you as you're reduced to a dot in the distance.. just saying..... it happens alot...to a friend of mine.. errr uuhh.." points in someone's general direction" whistling.....
    There is a good example of that approach at 7:50 mins in this video. The guy left behind gets shot at by his squad mates and appears so p****d he lobs a grenade in their direction!

This makes setting up our own squad (if that is possible) all the more necessary.

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

9. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

I've got to get this game on order. I've played Squad and PR a bunch so would be happy to play with you guys, maybe do some squad leading.

11. Likes ATAG_Scones, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

ok that was funny. I got left behind twice . cripes I had no idea how to even get in a truck ( its the F key which says "interact"

do we have a PS channel on our team Speak ??

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

13. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knuckles View Post
    ok that was funny. I got left behind twice . cripes I had no idea how to even get in a truck ( its the F key which says "interact"

do we have a PS channel on our team Speak ??
    So was that you trying to get into the truck, Knuckles?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    I've got to get this game on order. I've played Squad and PR a bunch so would be happy to play with you guys, maybe do some squad leading.
    Well, I hope you do get the game, Flare! Your experience with Squad has got to be a bonus for any squad you're on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    There is a good example of that approach at 7:50 mins in this video. The guy left behind gets shot at by his squad mates and appears so p****d he lobs a grenade in their direction!

This makes setting up our own squad (if that is possible) all the more necessary.

I do hope that PS doesn't turn out to be as vile as it appears at times!

I'm always surprised that developers even bother to make any innovative games as these prevalent doings turn every FPS into the same thing.

I'm sure ATAG will approach PS with a mature attitude and that's why they are the only squad I'll be a part of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Do we have a PS channel on our team Speak ??

Have you seen Rimmer's post above? He was on the TS channel by himself during the weekend play test but nobody showed up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TNScones View Post
    So was that you trying to get into the truck, Knuckles?

nope not me I didn't run after the vehicle, but just stood there like somebody stole my teddy bear !!!!!

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

19. Likes ATAG_Scones, BOO, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

I created the PS channel on TS. I was in there when I actually got to play for a couple of hours. I think I'm going to try a higher super sampling rate next time I get to play, to see if it clears things up graphically wise. Like Boo said I feel like I'm in a 20 meter shade bubble. That could be because I have distant shadows reduced as well. This game will be fun when it's ironed out. Flare..u need to get it!.
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Jun-01-2018 at 08:07.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

21. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

thanks for doing that Ribbs. If I see guys on T/S it will be a question to jump in

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Pretty gutted to miss out on the test weekend, have been on holiday this week. Hope to get involved on the next one.

24. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

thanks for doing that Ribbs. If I see guys on T/S it will be a question to jump in
    You don't need TS comms for the game as the in-game comms setup works fine. Key binding 'V' for local voice net ie; members of your squad next or near to you. Key binding 'B' for the your section net and Key binding 'G' for the command net.

What you can use TS for is talking to each other outside of the game setup. This works quite well.

o7

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Ahh..ok thanks..now it makes sense that no one was answering me on V..when I wasn't around anyone. Haha it is nice to not have to hear everyone that is playing on your side.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

27. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    You don't need TS comms for the game as the in-game comms setup works fine. Key binding 'V' for local voice net ie; members of your squad next or near to you. Key binding 'B' for the your section net and Key binding 'G' for the command net.

What you can use TS for is talking to each other outside of the game setup. This works quite well.

o7
    I agree, in-game chat works well enough but TS is needed to find and organise what server to join as a team.

29. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    TS is needed to find and organise what server to join as a team.
    Seems plausible to me.

I didn't spend much time in game during the play test weekend and I don't know any other way of organizing a squad or finding a common server.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    I created the PS channel on TS. I was in there when I actually got to play for a couple of hours. I think I'm going to try a higher super sampling rate next time I get to play, to see if it clears things up graphically wise. Like Boo said I feel like I'm in a 20 meter shade bubble. That could be because I have distant shadows reduced as well. This game will be fun when it's ironed out. Flare..u need to get it!.
    Thanks for setting it up, Ribbs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12