Thread: Fighter School

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Fighter School

I more or less manage all the technicalities of a British fighter (prop pitch on a 109 is still a pain), thus taking off, engine management, stall recovery, some BFM, harassing the occlsianal AI bandit, navigation and landing. Well the latter not really because I hardly ever land and prefer parachuting or instant death due to a PK.

So yes, I’m still struggling to stay alive or let alone shoot someone down. And yes, flying with a wingman makes life easier but I like to train my fighter skills. So is someone eager to do some fighter training with my like staying on your six, getting you of my six, practicing a displacement roll or has by yo-yo whilst coaching my via TS and not shooting my wings off? Or does someone has a better idea how to work on this, not only for me but also others?
    Newbie CloD 4.53 pilot, all advice welcome!

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

2. Likes 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Re: Fighter School

When you fly with me, I can show you how to stay alive most of the time and shooting enemy aswell while you will think that it is only training.
    When hanging around on ATAG TS, give me a call and I'll train you.

4. Likes Tumbler, ATAG_Marlow, Gingerbread, sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.65 MB

Some of my favourites.

This is F-16's but still good info.

6. Likes Tibsun, Tumbler, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Tibsun, thanks for the offer, I'll make sure to contact you when I see you online!

And Yotheguy, the art of the kill is really good but knowing the theory vs actually performing the manoeuvres seems pretty difficult to me. The others are new to me, and I'll find some time to watch them. But some practicing without being shot down instantly would also help I think
    Last edited by Tumbler; May-28-2018 at 18:23. Reason: typos

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

8. Likes Tibsun, ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
    Tibsun, thanks for the offer, I'll make sure to contact you when I see you online!

And Yotheguy, the art of the kill is really good but knowing the theory vs actually performing the manoeuvres seems pretty difficult to me. The others are new to me, and I'll find some time to watch them. But some practicing without being shot down instantly would also help I think
    Sorry I don't have time to fly right now, but if you watch the video's over and over and over again you will start to pick things up a little bit at a time.

That's what I try and do anyway's.

10. Likes Tumbler liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Hey there Tumbler.
    I'm also up to do some training. Not much of a theory guy for instance I have to look up what a displacement yo yo is so explaining in those terms might not be my strong suite however I can teach about upping you gunnery (which is a skill of a paramount importance) and proper tactics for staying alive when flying either solo or in company (which is always better). If you are interested it would be better to drop me a PM and we'll settle the details of when, where and how there.
    I'm GMT +3 and might be available at the weekends all day with advance notice or evenings on weekdays (depends on my work however)

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Also willing to help, when and if I can. I can cover whatever you'd like regarding the 109 and at least some theory when it comes to combat and flying in general if you're looking to fly something else.
    I'm GMT -5 if you're interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Thanks for all the offers!!! Highly appreciated It has been a busy week but I hope to come online one of these days and will try to find you

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

It looks like some of the most respected experten have offered to help! It would be awesome if someone could record your sessions for the rest of the flying community!
    System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro
    Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5