Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been perma-banned from YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

I've been perma-banned from YouTube

Yep.

Woke up this morning to read an email informing me that I am persona non grata to YouTube. The highly trained community review team has determined that I have violated YouTube's "Spam and Deceptive Content" policies. My appeal was quickly and efficiently denied. I still have no idea what I said or posted that caused this to occur.

So yeah...I can no longer post videos of me and my friends having fun flying cartoon airplanes. I never monetized my videos and only posted stuff for fun. This was a hobby for me. Bizarre to say the least....

Anyway....I'm bummed but not out. I still have Twitch. If you liked watching my stuff on YouTube, please follow me on Twitch. I don't ask for subscription fees or tips on anything. I do this for fun and to hang out with people with similar interests.

- Vic

P.S. I think I will title my Twitch streams as "S*&%W YOU, YOUTUBE" for the next month or so.....
    Vae Victis!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." - Sun Tzu

Come watch the fun!

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Re: I've been perma-banned from YouTube

Sorry to hear that brother.

It would not be so bad if you knew what you were supposed to have done.

I am sure people will check out your videos on Twitch.

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.55 MB

Wow, that's super weird. I would suggest creating another appeal... nothing to lose right? Try doing it during US business hours, Monday - Friday. I have definitely noticed that dealing with large companies off-hours/weekends yields less than desirable results.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Youtube are a bunch of clowns. Sorry to hear that Invictus, was always entertaining dropping in on your streams.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 gr00ve's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    259.12 MB

wow....you probably spammed too much 20mm
    what a plonkers those youtube review team...
    "Karaya Eins"

My YouTube Channel
    "The secret of good teamwork is to work as a team" - 9./JG52 Mindle, 2019
    Warthog HOTAS - MFG Crosswind - Saitek Throttle Quadrant - TrackIR 5 - i7 4770K - Asrock Z87 Killer - Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming - Corsair 16 GB - Kingston SSD 120 GB - Samsung SSD 240GB - 3 TB storage - Razer Megalodon

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Man, Youtube really doesn't have a clue do they? Maybe it's them classifying what they see as 'similar content' being uploaded very frequently and calling spam. Which is of course ridiculous.

Really sorry to hear that Invictus, you've got to jump on them and shoot them down!

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Sorry to hear that. I've never heard of a case like this with an account being forced shut out of the blue. Let's hope someone at YT gets their $hit together and your account is reinstated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Kinda lucky the ATAG server doesn't have a spam limit... or I'd have been tossed aside ages ago !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Can you create another account with a different email?
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Can you create another account with a different email?

Redacted.
    Last edited by invictus84; Jun-10-2018 at 21:42. Reason: Just not worth it...
    Vae Victis!

Come watch the fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Top Bananas!...The Invict is back!

You can't keep a good man down...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

12. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    You can't keep a good man down...
    Actually, you can.

After thinking about it...it's just not worth it. The email I received was very explicit...I am no longer allowed to own or even access a YouTube account. I don't know why they left me with the one attached to my normal email address, but I'm not going to push it.

If you want to watch my videos, I'll be on Twitch. YouTube can go to...well, you know...that hot place.
    Vae Victis!

Come watch the fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Open a Vimeo account?
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Invictus View Post
    Yep.

Woke up this morning to read an email informing me that I am persona non grata to YouTube. The highly trained community review team has determined that I have violated YouTube's "Spam and Deceptive Content" policies. My appeal was quickly and efficiently denied. I still have no idea what I said or posted that caused this to occur.

So yeah...I can no longer post videos of me and my friends having fun flying cartoon airplanes. I never monetized my videos and only posted stuff for fun. This was a hobby for me. Bizarre to say the least....

Anyway....I'm bummed but not out. I still have Twitch. If you liked watching my stuff on YouTube, please follow me on Twitch. I don't ask for subscription fees or tips on anything. I do this for fun and to hang out with people with similar interests.

- Vic

P.S. I think I will title my Twitch streams as "S*&%W YOU, YOUTUBE" for the next month or so.....
    What did you actually do? I can't imagine they do this lightly?
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    What did you actually do? I can't imagine they do this lightly?
    Indeed, at the very least can they not provide any clarity on what exactly you did or when?
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Yeah..yet meanwhile..we have a million makeup tutorial channels..sounds more like someone you've shot down too many times got hired on at You tube...
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Yep.

- Vic

Man oh man..I'm bummed out too. Good thing I'm on twitch so I can keep up with the funny narrations ...

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yep.

- Vic

So all your vids are deleted now. Classy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    410.5 KB

can you appeal again? thats total bullshit

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

For the sake of repeating myself.... what did you do? There must be some reason? What was the content they reacted to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Unhappy Re: I've been perma-banned from YouTube

I have no idea what I did beyond a reference to violating their "Spam and Deceptive Practices" policies, none of which describes anything related to things I've posted on my channel as far as I can tell. The whole communication experience with YouTube has been very "You know what you did"...which I sure as heck don't! You litterally receive no warning or explanation beyond the reference to the policy. This is probably the most frustrating part for me...

You can only appeal once. The response and denial to mine was so fast it's likely automated. Great.

I really enjoyed making my (admittedly crappy) videos....it was my hobby. The loss kinda hurts and the whole event has been a real shock. I am not even sure I want to stream on Twitch anymore. Maybe this is a signal that I just need to give up sims in general. Just very sad about all of it ....

Vae Victis!

Come watch the fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Invictus, you, along with everyone else who flies Cliffs, BoS, or whatever, are one of the reasons I log on those sims. Can't deny it, flying with you is always a great time.

And as for Youtube... well, they can go do something unprintable.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

24. Likes Gingerbread liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52 gr00ve's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    259.12 MB

invictus, have you used same thumbnail for your yt videos? Or too many tags? Ad.fly links in description?
    According to google, that is mostly what yt see as spam and can lead to account lock....besides spamming comments around, which i doubt you do.

anyways, i'd keep appealing. Wait for answer and if its negative, appeal again.
    "Karaya Eins"

My YouTube Channel
    "The secret of good teamwork is to work as a team" - 9./JG52 Mindle, 2019
    Warthog HOTAS - MFG Crosswind - Saitek Throttle Quadrant - TrackIR 5 - i7 4770K - Asrock Z87 Killer - Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming - Corsair 16 GB - Kingston SSD 120 GB - Samsung SSD 240GB - 3 TB storage - Razer Megalodon

26. Likes Karaya, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 gr00ve View Post
    invictus, have you used same thumbnail for your yt videos? Or too many tags? Ad.fly links in description?
    According to google, that is mostly what yt see as spam and can lead to account lock....besides spamming comments around, which i doubt you do.

anyways, i'd keep appealing. Wait for answer and if its negative, appeal again.

Can't say I used the same thumbnail, but every thumbnail tends to look the same when one flies a virtual 109. I've heard from others that this process is not wholly automated and that "community reviewers" look at the results. If that's the case, I suppose it is possible it could have been mistaken that I was posting the same thumbnail over and over again. As for comments, I rarely make them....mostly because I don't have the time!

After giving it some thought last night and reading back through the policy, a few other possibilities came to me, but honestly they are longshots:

1. The policy mentions using video metatags inappropriately to get views. My tags were pretty simple: ATAG, CLoD, BoS, DCS and IL2, along with games and Twitch. Which ones I used depended on the video. If I violated the policy, I did so unintentionally through ignorance rather than deliberately. The tags were more to allow me to automate which videos went to which of my playlists than anything else.

2. The other posibility was the few times there was music playing during my live streams. Normally I stay away from music given DMCA and all the nastiness surrounding it but I would every once in a while allow them to play in the background. Evertime I did so I'd end up receiving an copyright email but these ALWAYS stressed I was not in trouble and that the notice did not impact the good standing of my account. The emails would state that ads would play in front of my videos, which is understandable so I never cared.

Like I said, long shots...but who knows? I had a few people on Discord state that it's possible I was the victim of an inappropriate video flagging, but again...who can say for sure?

Don't worry...I won't quit simming because of this event. That was just me typing after a very long day at work yesterday. Feeling much better after a good nights sleep. Maybe in a month or so I'll create aa NEW account....just think for now its a good idea to lay low an see what happens. But starting back a zero subs kinda sucks...took me forever to get the small number of users I had!
    Last edited by invictus84; Jun-12-2018 at 12:02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Angry Re: I've been perma-banned from YouTube

Yep.

- Vic

I've been through this is disappointing. YouTube is killing the small channels, this getting worse.
    9./JG54 GERMANWOLF

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

As a subscriber and fan of your channel, is there anything we can do to help appeal this ban?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    As a subscriber and fan of your channel, is there anything we can do to help appeal this ban?
    I don't think so. I wish their was.

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANWOLF View Post
    I've been through this is disappointing. YouTube is killing the small channels, this getting worse.
    Really? I wondered where your channel went to. Maybe this is an effort on YouTube part to "cull off" the smaller channels. Seems a bit of a draconian approach if that's the case.
    Vae Victis!

Come watch the fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

This is bad news. Maybe it is the thumbnails? I noticed that you often had the same thumbnail for your live streams (I think it was a picture of a 109 from the outside?).

It's really too bad that small flight sim channels like yours get taken down. As someone who has a YouTube channel myself I would be really upset if this happened to me. I put a lot of effort into my videos even if they are infrequent and I love making them. I wish there was something that you could do to get your channel back.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

... But starting back a zero subs kinda sucks...took me forever to get the small number of users I had!
    I for one will make sure I subscribe to your new channel old chap. Leave a link here somewhere prominent.

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

33. Likes Gingerbread, DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Septic View Post
    I for one will make sure I subscribe to your new channel old chap. Leave a link here somewhere prominent.

Septic.
    Thanks guys. I've actually created a new channel that's not attached to my personal email. Just not sure when and if I'm going to move forward with it. I'll let you know what I decide.

BTW....had a friend send me the link below. Seems like this really is a common problem with small channels. Interesting....I had no idea.

https://productforums.google.com/for...be/SohpsEtOqd8
    Vae Victis!

Come watch the fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast