Thread: Single player and X52 pro problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Single player and X52 pro problem

Hi, Guys.

I've had this problem for a while. Online, my X52 runs great, but single player mode causes malfunctioning. Loss of pitch control, throttle,... . It's periodic, mostly when fights break out. I've tried turning down my graphics to low, but the problem seems to get worse.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Re: Single player and X52 pro problem

Avoid fights.

Seriously though, this reminds me of a trick that I think Lolsav had to do? It involved opening the console (shift + tab for me but not sure if that is default), then moving the throttle through the entire axis.. or something like that. Anyone else hear that one or is that an old forgotten myth? Other than that could it be a realism setting like anthorpomorphic(?) controls? That would be the only diff between single and multi player, as MP is server side set.

3. Likes DRock liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    Hi, Guys.

I've had this problem for a while. Online, my X52 runs great, but single player mode causes malfunctioning. Loss of pitch control, throttle,... . It's periodic, mostly when fights break out. I've tried turning down my graphics to low, but the problem seems to get worse.

Any ideas why this might be happening?
    This kind of "random" issue is among the hardest to debug. Firstly, how sure you are that the problem only happens in Single Player? At first blush, there is no conceivable reason why the Joystick *should* behave different in Single or Multi Player mode. The code that handles the control input is exactly the same.
    I also have an X-52 and use it both online and single player and have not experience any difference in behavior.

The X-52 has a cable that goes from the Throttle to the Joystick; the Throttle quadrant is actually processing all the data. That cable has a "cheap" connector and sometimes gives me trouble. Could that be the issue by any chance?

Hope it helps..
    ~Uranor
    ~Uranor

5. Likes DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by uranor View Post
    This kind of "random" issue is among the hardest to debug. Firstly, how sure you are that the problem only happens in Single Player? At first blush, there is no conceivable reason why the Joystick *should* behave different in Single or Multi Player mode. The code that handles the control input is exactly the same.
    I also have an X-52 and use it both online and single player and have not experience any difference in behavior.

The X-52 has a cable that goes from the Throttle to the Joystick; the Throttle quadrant is actually processing all the data. That cable has a "cheap" connector and sometimes gives me trouble. Could that be the issue by any chance?

Hope it helps..
    ~Uranor
    Cable seems fine. Problem only happens in single player.

I've never been able to play the campaigns because of this.
    Last edited by DRock; Jun-15-2018 at 19:02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    Avoid fights.

Seriously though, this reminds me of a trick that I think Lolsav had to do? It involved opening the console (shift + tab for me but not sure if that is default), then moving the throttle through the entire axis.. or something like that. Anyone else hear that one or is that an old forgotten myth? Other than that could it be a realism setting like anthorpomorphic(?) controls? That would be the only diff between single and multi player, as MP is server side set.
    Should I try turning 'anthro' off?

8. Likes ATAG_Freya, uranor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    Should I try turning 'anthro' off?
    That did the trick, it seems.

Thanks again, Freya.

10. Likes ATAG_Freya liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Glad you've sorted it DRock. Anthro messes things up particularly with controllers with potentiometers that may fluctuate slightly. Those fluctuations I believe are judged as control inputs, so kills other inputs.

12. Likes DRock, ATAG_Highseas liked this post