Thread: 0.5 seconds of input lag

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

0.5 seconds of input lag

Hey, I've just bought a new joystick (thrustmaster t-flight hotas x) after not having one for a year or so (my last one broke).

I am noticing something I have never noticed before, which is that I'm getting a huge amount of input lag. The controls lag behind my input by about 0.5 seconds, which makes small aiming adjustments completely impossible, takeoff and landing extremely difficult, and normal flying feels very odd.

I can quickly move the joystick to full extension and then back to center before the game even begins to register the input at all.

Does anybody know anything about how to fix this? I have tested the joystick in other games and don't seem to have anywhere near the same level of input lag. I have the latest drivers installed.

Cheers
    "So, the Sun is now a terrorist?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Re: 0.5 seconds of input lag

Have you changed anything else since then? Monitors etc?
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    103.86 MB

Ribbs check it's not pluuged into a hub, also check out Joystick curves http://www.xedocproject.com/joystickcurves.html just to see what is actually happening

Hope this helps m8

Red
    Target 4 'o' clock low

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Thanks Red. It's not me having the issue.. it's Vino. I was just digging for more information.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TheVino3 View Post
    Hey, I've just bought a new joystick (thrustmaster t-flight hotas x) after not having one for a year or so (my last one broke).

I am noticing something I have never noticed before, which is that I'm getting a huge amount of input lag. The controls lag behind my input by about 0.5 seconds, which makes small aiming adjustments completely impossible, takeoff and landing extremely difficult, and normal flying feels very odd.

I can quickly move the joystick to full extension and then back to center before the game even begins to register the input at all.

Does anybody know anything about how to fix this? I have tested the joystick in other games and don't seem to have anywhere near the same level of input lag. I have the latest drivers installed.

Cheers
    Disclaimer - i know next to nothing about the following but its the internet so i will spray away anyway just in case it helps somehow...

I read somewhere that if you use pre-rendering re frames this might introduce some lag somehow. If u are using pre-rendered frames maybe try and lower the number of frames and see if that works. Sorry if this advice is BS or if you have tried it already.

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

HOTAS X/4 use a cheap USB controller borrowed from gamepad (seems made by 3rd part OEM, is not recognized by TARGET), that - accord VKB engineers, work with very low frequency (HZ), may this contribute for the input "lag"problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I lowered the pre-rendered frames to 1 and that did have a significant effect, although there is still input lag that is noticeable. I can't detect any input lag whatsoever when calibrating the joystick in the thrustmaster tool, however I do in game. It is a lot more manageable now with the pre-rendered frames limited to 1, however.
    "So, the Sun is now a terrorist?"

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Last skerick of knowledge from me re this - what type of monitor are you using?

Maybe Something changed re the monitor's latency set up as well.

Ezzie