Thread: Blitz vs 4.312

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Blitz vs 4.312

Hello,

I'm coming back to Cliffs of Dover after a few years of absence.
    And I can see there's a new release by TF called "Blitz".
    And I'm somewhat confused by the nature of this new version of the game.

Is it a continuation of the TFM v4.312, including all the corrections and content from before? Or is it a completely new direction taken by the development team? (people say it's a different game!)

In short, does it make sense to play 4.312 anymore? (I saw that the patch is still available and there's people playing it)

PS : I play usually with Desastersoft campaigns

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    207.95 MB

Re: Blitz vs 4.312

Here is a link from Steam where you can see the innovations of the blitz Edition.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/754...50781890660697

Apart from more flyable planes I especially like the new blackout effects, the improved flak sounds and some improved visual effects. The only thing I dislike are the new bomb explosions effects, which are no improvment compared with 4.312 in my opinion. I wouldn`t say the Blitz edition is a completley new game. However the new flight models requires a bit of familarisation.

As far as I remember Single Player missions are the same in 4.53 (I play mostly multiplayer). I don`t know, if Desatersoft campaigns are working in 4.53.

Cheers
    Twin

Novice Pilot
    British California aka British Columbia, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.02 MB

I had a similar question recently, as I returned after about a years absence from playing 4.312. Play Blitz, if for only the improvements in graphics fidelity alone. I get the same frame rates as 4.312, but have much improved visuals. Then there's the flight models which feel better to me and the majority who responded to a recent poll here. The game now supports DirectX 11 and the code has been recompiled as 64 bit. There are a few shortcomings, particularly for players like me that play without a Track IR - it's always been a challenge to use the compass and gyro in some Allied aircraft and a patch available for 4.312 for that doesn't work for Blitz. That said if you have an Android tablet or mobile phone with a large enough screen, there's a free app to overcome that.

Bottom line though; Blitz just seems or feels more polished to me and it's hard to put that in words, but I made the jump and don't regret it a bit!
    Last edited by kronovan; Jul-14-2018 at 15:51.

4. Likes Tibsun, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.28 MB

I play single most of the time/ Father+ 2 boys. I downloaded the ds fix and moved my deastersoft files over. I could not get them to pop up on Blitz so I was on 4.3. I still have both 4.3 and Blitz on the computer. I go on vacation in mid Aug. I finally get back to having time to fly. I get everything updated and running and decide to check out Blitz. All of my campaigns and files are there in Single Player Campaign where they should be. I will be flying this weekend and will let everyone know how they are. I really enjoy Hun in the Sun. Can't wait